Hi i'm new here

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Hi i'm new here

Post by Darren »

Thanks for that Drassil, i was reading up earlier about it, i can't believe those people could sell stuff like that, scamming fans out of there money! Lets hope challenge just repeat from season 1

I was also reading part of the forum, about the knightmare theme, that it wont be used in KMVR, its a shame that we can't get it back, but perhaps they could be a new theme composed, with the same sounds as the original, but a different tune? perhaps an even better theme :)

Whatever theme is used, i'm sure it wont disappoint us! I'm sure Tim Child will do a great job!

I didn't even have any idea who the creator of Knightmare was 2 days ago, and now i know so much more about Knightmare than I've learned before, and its all thanks to this site :D

Another thing i am curious about, what age group will KMVR be aimed at? Because i heard from somewhere it is going to be targeted at an older audience, adults and such, and somewhere i read about it been for a younger audience

when i was little, i always wanted to appear on knightmare, but since i was too young, i wouldn't be able to, and now that I'm older and even if it did come back, i probably still wont have a chance :(
Last edited by Darren on 17 Nov 2004, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

G'day mate, Glenn Toogood here, or Fidjit! I kinda liked the moving block puzzles or Trial by Spikes from Series 7... Have a good time here! :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

"Another thing i am curious about, what age group will KMVR be aimed at? Because i heard from somewhere it is going to be targeted at an older audience, adults and such, and somewhere i read about it been for a younger audience"

From what I have gathered, the age limit may go up a notch for the new series, but then again as very from the series has been confirmed, we cannot really say what the age limits will be.

The KMVR pilot used school children to test the new dungeon. Whether or not this is an indication of the expected age range, I am not sure, but I doubt it.

Am glad you're learning a great deal about KM, if you have any question about the show, I imagine it can be answered here!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks Fidjit and Kieran! I kinda guessed they might not be much info about KMVR yet, i wont bother people people by keep asking, i'll be patient and wait, I'm sure it will be great

So apart from Tim Child, is they anyone else famous who posts here? Like any of the contestants that used to be in the show?

Also i checked on ebay, and i didn't find any knightmare merchandise, but i will keep on looking
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Knightmare contestants do indeed drop by the Forum every so often! They've included dungeoneer Scott from Series 3, dungeoneer Sumayya from Series 6, and I think dungeoneer Barry from Series 7. Members who've been around longer than I have can probably give a fuller list.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks again Drassil!

I'm suprised that so many people still love knightmare to this day, than what we all did back then. Its fantastic that we even have some of the contestants here at the forums! Knightmare will surely live on while the fans are still interested.

I was just wondering, what was needed to apply to knightmare to actually get on the show? was they a lot of people interested? and what chance of people like us ever appearing on it?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hi and welcome here to our community. :)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks Moana Liza :)

I had this strange idea last night, about some sort of puzzle that could go into knightmare, but its kinda complicated, but it has something to do with roman numerals, and stepping on the right letter/number in order to carry on, or the floor would crumble beneth you and you would die a horrible death ;)

I'm going to take part in the knightmare chat this saturday-sunday. I'll try and be there early so i can get to meet you guys, it would be great chatting with you, my username in there will be Darren when i go, who else is a regular there?
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Are you talking about causeways Darren... They appeared in Series 5 and 6...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

I'm not sure, i dont remember those series anyway as i only watched from series 6 onwards i think, oh well :-\

I was just thinking about the knightmare theme, i heard that some other company has the rights to the knightmare theme, and they is no way we can get it back from them, what is it they want anyway? cash?
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

As for the theme tune, rather than it being a case of money, the actual problem is starting any form of negotiation. Basically ~ EMI do not negotiate! I cannot imagine why they don't, but it comes straight from Tim Child himself that the music is unobtainable.

As for chat goers, quite a few from to boards attend, and a few of those are the channel's Operators, such as myself and other forum regular Billy. We get in around 8/9 per week at the moment, a few more if it's a really cold night and playing football is too much for others ;)

I look forward to seeing you there.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks for that Kieran!

and ill look forward to seeing you there too

I know I only posted just a few posts here compared to what others have posted, but i really do enjoy posting here, it would be great to see people in the chatroom on saturday, ill sure be there :P

I've already started talking with a few members on msn, The Brollachan is just one person i have had a good chat with, he seems a really interesting person to chat with

Anyway i havn't had much sleep....ok i havn't had any sleep for the last 28 hours....

Spell casting: S L E E P

zzzzzzz
MagicMiranda
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by MagicMiranda »

Hiya and welcome to the forum. Hope you had a good sleep.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time you are given." From Lord Of The Rings
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

yep i did

I tried getting onto the chat on saturday guys, but it was down, and i wasnt here sunday, lets hope its up for this saturday so i can chat to you all :)