Falling into pits and introducing myself

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
JonStitcher
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Falling into pits and introducing myself

Post by JonStitcher »

Hi all

My name is Jon and this is my first post to the knightmare board, recently saw all the shows being repeated on challenge and had to watch as I loved the show so much!

Did apply in 1992 as a 12 year old with my friends but unfortunately we heard nothing back, however a claim to fame to make you all jealous is I used to go out with Celeste Rowe, daughter of David Rowe and got to see all the original drawings and stuff from Knightmare, I wonder how much they're worth now?

My main question is when the dungeoneers fell into a pit or off a ledge they raise their hands in the air as if they really are falling. What were the dungeoneers told? Just they'd they'd fallen into a pit and that was it? or did they have to reshoot? and when they got eaten by things how were the dungeoneers told that that was the end?

Any dungeoneers who died able to tell me more on that?

Thanks all!

Jon
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Falling into pits and introducing myself

Post by Kieran »

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hera you failed to make it on the show, many others around here have similar stories to tell.

As for dungeoneer deaths, I am not entirely sure how they were told, I imagine Treguard's comments of failure were enough to alert them of quests end.

As for falling off ledges etc, I believe the dungeoneer was merely asked to throw his or her hands up so they could get a reaction shot (sometimes, unlike in S3 when you saw the cardboard cutout fall to the ground ;)).

The drawings are probably worth a fair bit these days, I only hope they all exist to this day. Interetsing claim to fame to have partnered his daughter, also!

Hope that was of slight help (probably not, but still...). Hope you enjoy your time here, and feel free to ask away about the show!

(I took the liberty of moving this to the correct section.)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes, hello and welcome. I am Dark Descender, Romanticist, Feminist and Skarkill and I are very much in love. Obviously not with each other, but still very much in love. Enjoy yourself.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

In the later series Tim Child would ask a dungeoneer to step of a block in the blue and green screen room to make it look like someone had stepped into a hole, then they used effects for the rest...

In my project I jumped off a table! Bruising my arm pretty badly!

BTW, welcome to TalkKnightmare names Fidjit, lockmaster and thief extraodinairre with the right equi'ment there ain't nought I can't open! ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Welcome to the zone!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

What a question! Thay shoved the little wretches into a bona fide deep pit of course - at least you managed to avoid that sorry fate... ;)

Seriously though - tough luck at not getting on the programme. I'm sure you'll enjoy the madness here on the forum.