Greeting and Salutations.

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
thelpher
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Greeting and Salutations.

Post by thelpher »

Ok, I didn't think before opening this and now I don't have anything witty to introduce myself with. Oh, well. I guess the plain, bland truth will have to do.

I'm Liz, you can call me that or Thelper, whichever you're more comfortable with. I used to adore Knightmare, run home from school every day to watch it, and then when it was cancelled I guess I got so mad I stopped myself thinking about it. But then I was looking up Fun House on the internet, and somehow stumbled onto this, and everything came flooding back.

I'm a fan mostly of the last three seasons, because I'm a little too young to really remember the first ones. I hope the Bring Back Knightmare campaign works, I'd love to own it on dvd (even though I'm poor and can't even afford to get Challenge, let alone whatever the Knightmare DVDs would cost) and, oh gosh, I'm just overwhelmed. This site is amazing, and such a blast from the past! I had no idea there were so many people who still remembered it...

Anyway, as I'm home on a Sunday night (the sadness of it, lol) I'm going to go try that Knightmare chat thingie.
Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced - even a proverb is no proverb to you till your life has illustrated it. - John Keats
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Greeting and Salutations.

Post by Becxsmagic »

Hi, Liz...I'm going there myself now-hope you enjoy it!
Welcome to the forum! (You can call me Becxs or Becxsmagic or Nutter, whichever suits)
Watch out-I may turn you into something accidentally and be wary of Skarks or he'll have the irons on you!
SPELLCASTING...H E L L O :)
Last edited by Becxsmagic on 20 Nov 2005, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Whereever you go, there you are
thelpher
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thelpher »

Hello, nutter, lol. Who's Skarks? It sounds almost like sharks, and I've a phobia of them, so I'll stay away... Please don't turn me into anything...
Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced - even a proverb is no proverb to you till your life has illustrated it. - John Keats
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

*From some were in the shadows.*

"Some one Call??"

*The Goblin Horn Sounds and The Vile, Repulsive Goblin Brothers Grippa & Rhark rush in and cricle thelpher. Then the sadistic Goblin Master himself steps out of the darkness a malicias glint in his eye.*

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHE."

"Welcome. Welcome to the KM Disscusion Forum."

"Me and my Goblins are always please to met some new......................................."

"GOBLIN FODDER."

"Allow me to introduce myself. Skarkill's The Name Bad Guy by trade and I'm The Forums Resident Goblin Master."

"So yer better hope I never catcher's yer. Or."

"IT'S THE IRONS FOR YER."

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.........LOVLEY."
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

So now you know who Skarks is! Though I'm sure he was only joking. All his welcomes are like that!

Hello. It's been a lean month in terms of newcomers to the forum, and you're only the second so far for November; but that makes you all the more welcome. I hope that every moment you spend on the forum, and in the wider Knightmare community, is worth your while. And if we seem somewhat mad... it's just a different brand of sanity. Plus enthusiasm. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Welcome to the zone!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes, hello and welcome. I am Dark Descender, Romanticist, Feminist, Cretin. Enjoy yourself.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Drassil wrote: And if we seem somewhat mad... it's just a different brand of sanity. Plus enthusiasm. ;)
Enthusiastic...never looked at it like that. :)
For once I agree with Drassil. Don't worry though, It doesn't mean we're absolutely insane, just a bit batty.
And the number for the people in white coats is always on hand...
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Hullou! *hugs* I'm snowwie the elven wolfie and nutcase :) if Skarks bother you too much you can summon meh and I'll turn him in to a red wig or something.
And the number for the people in white coats is always on hand...
But do they have redcoats for meh?
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

No, Snowwie, I mean the friendly folks down at the mental asylum...
*Gives Snowwie red coat anyway. Also gives her a Redcoat from Butlins*

I'm starting to think I have scared Liz off with my craziness...wasn't my intention. I guess I'm at my most "enthusiastic" when new people post. ;)
Must stop being so crazy.
thelpher
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thelpher »

Lol no, you haven't scared me off. :D I cleared my history, forgot the url, and didn't THINK it could be anything so easy as knightmare.com. Who knew? I don't pay half as much attention to things as I should. I had to search for Fun House again to find the link, and then when I get back on I find out a) the link was in my inbox all along (who knew?) and b) I've spelt my username shilly (just like that - with the extra h) - although I'm sure the subtle message of "help her" won't hurt!!

Skarks is SKARKILL! He of the limp! The memories are just flooding back now, and it's all so good. Thank you for the kind welcome - it's so much warmer than I've experienced before in other places. Don't worry, I know that's because nothing is as cool as Knightmare lol!

Rumour has it that a lot of you are on livejournal *winks at Becxsmagic and Drassil* mine is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/thelper (see without that extra h) - if anyone else is blogging on the great LJ (bahh humbug indeed!) I'd be pleased to make your acquaintance there too. I'm a blog slut lol. (Which I just misread as 'borg slut'. Oh dear oh dear.)

Oh, shut up Liz, you've gone on enough...
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Don't forget to come back to the chat, Liz. I'll try not to be so loony this time!
Though it seems you're becoming accustomed to the nuttiness!
Pooka, Billy, 10th Doctor fan, Brollachan/Keith, Drassil and...others whose names I can't remember and hardly ever talk to have LJs, good thing I found yours.
Nice to have you back, Liz!
Last edited by Becxsmagic on 13 Dec 2005, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Yay! She's nutty :D
sorry, I'm a tad exited today. Anyways, it'd be wonderfull to see you at the chat :) *hugs Liz*
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!