What were your favourite and least favourite

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Doorkis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

What were your favourite and least favourite

Post by Doorkis »

changes to the show over the course of its existence? (Sorry if this has been discussed before - am new here). I just want to see what we would consider the ideal Knightmare show.

Just a few quick details about me.

My name is Alex, I'm 21 and currently live in Norfolk (home of Knightmare :)) I was about 6-7 years old when I first watched it, and I assume it was the first 2, maybe 3 series I watched then as my dad was then in the Army and we got a posting to Germany in 1989.

We didn't have, or I don't remember having CITV so I didn't get to see any of the later Knightmare series but I always remembered the show as being one of my favourites when reminiscing back to my happier days as a child.

These reruns are the first time I've seen series 4. I haven't seen any of the previous serious since those days and don't have a great memory, so I'm not really in an ideal position to answer my own question.

However, on what I can go by, I quite like the Pickle character, and I don't like the fact they changed the life-force after series 5 (even tho I never saw the new ones).
Last edited by Doorkis on 14 Jun 2003, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..."
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: What were your favourite and least favourite

Post by Thanatos »

Welcome, Doorkis!

The ideal Knightmare? Well, as far as I'm concerned, it would include Pickle, Lord Fear, Sylvester Hands, Skarkill, causeways, the Corridor of Blades and outdoor locations of the series 4-7 type.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hiya ButtDoorkis...just kidding mate :) Welcome to the Knightmare forum. Excuse anything I say that may sound offensive - one rule with me is never take me seriously cos I'm the resident elf :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

Hey there Doorkis ;D

i shall reiterate that emii is a joker who feels nothing but warmth for you ;)

hrmm, thanatos pretty much got me sussed there too. however a couple of editions.

no reach wand, original helmet, original life force, occasional eye shield...not overly used.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hi Doorkis!

My ideal Km would have series 1-3 rooms, the original life force clock, Treguard, Lord Fear, Mogdred, Motley, Sylvester Hands, Lissard, The Corridor Of Blades, Ariadne, Catacombites and bucketloads of black humour and suspense!
Subject to change.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Hey,

in fact me dad was then in the Army and we also got sent to germany..lol i don't remember where abouts or when lol probs about the same time u did..but i never missed an episode of knightmare... not that i can remember,  unless i misssed the middle seasons and didn't know it.. but im pretty sure i would remember lol

don't think u can make a ideal knightmare lol, unless u had a season that had EVEYTHING and EVERYONE.  there wasnt really anything i would take out or not use.. the real problem was that some of it was used so much u just get tired of it
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Doorkis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Doorkis »

Hiya ButtDoorkis...just kidding mate :) Welcome to the Knightmare forum. Excuse anything I say that may sound offensive - one rule with me is never take me seriously cos I'm the resident elf :)
No offense taken  ;D
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

lol wow i must have just posted that Seconds before u did lol  :o
Doorkis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Doorkis »

Hey,

in fact me dad was then in the Army and we also got sent to germany..lol i don't remember where abouts or when lol probs about the same time u did..but i never missed an episode of knightmare... not that i can remember,  unless i misssed the middle seasons and didn't know it.. but im pretty sure i would remember lol

don't think u can make a ideal knightmare lol, unless u had a season that had EVEYTHING and EVERYONE.  there wasnt really anything i would take out or not use.. the real problem was that some of it was used so much u just get tired of it
Hmm. Well shorty after settling in we got Sky TV so most of my attention was spent on that, I don't think we ever had the channels that would've shown Knightmare. I remember the domestic channel for the forces was SSVC, but can't remember if they showed any ITV programmes and hence Knightmare. So unfortunately, I missed out, but I never forgot the show  :)

As for the second point, I would agree that there were things that were overused, for instance watching series 4 on Challenge, the format for each of the teams quest's becomes predictable and repetitive. After the room of choice, they would come to one of the doors/drawbridges (can't remember which order they come in ::)) etc and it would follow a largely similar pattern for all the teams. This was probably just to save time scripting and setting up etc. but if there was room for improvement I'd say that would be it.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

yeah but some would arguee it would be unfair if to much was different.. to many would get it harder then others..
But i guess if u didn't have one u would have something different,  Guess u have to take each season as they come.
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Welcome, Doorkis!

The ideal Knightmare? Well, as far as I'm concerned, it would include Pickle, Lord Fear, Sylvester Hands, Skarkill, causeways, the Corridor of Blades and outdoor locations of the series 4-7 type.
Welcome Doorkis!!

I'd agree with this, but I'd have to have Treguard and Hordriss in as well.  
Rising from the ashes once again....
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

8) Welcome Doorkis! (You can recognise my posts because they GLOW alot!) My favorite was series three, Leo and Martin got the furthest and nobody won! Also The Block and Tackle was my favorite chamber in Series four... Regards from Motley!
Last edited by Fidjit on 16 Jun 2003, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/