I never thought a place like this existed

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

Hello to everyone on this board.  My name is mark im 20 on saturday, I was talking to a few friends yesterday and ITV Childrens programs came up.  We where trying to remember programmes that where on.  Woof, Mike and Angelo, Funhouse etc.  And I vaguely remebered this brilliant show memories started flooding back and i remembered the name Knightmare.  I love the way the more experienced members talk in knightmare language I used to be able to do that in the late 80's and early 90's.  Id love to be able to talk like that again i need my memories to be rekindled any idea's about how I could do that????
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: I never thought a place like this existed

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hullo, there. Many welcomes to this little corner of technospace!

If you want to rekindle memories, taking a good look around the main site to which this forum is a supplement would definitely be a good idea, although you may end up wasting several hours doing so!

If you didn't already know, Knightmare is currently showing on Challenge, so if you get that channel, it's another place to start. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

That is when the main site is working though! Welcome to the KM community board by the way! :)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

Thanks Grimaldine I have been looking at the site and ive spent a few hours alright filling in those time gaps.  I had no Idea Knightmare was on Challenge TV.  If you can think of anything else Grimaldine I would appreciate it.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, it really depends on what you're interested in.

I'd say to learn more about the show generally it's a good idea to read the "Series" section of Knightmare.com. There's an amazing amount of stuff there, and for each series, the "Teams" section talks through what happened to each Quest in pretty good detail.

For an overview from a certain angle, you'd probably enjoy the "History" section, where Tim Child, creator and producer of Knightmare, talks through its development, and gives a fascinating insight into its progression.

To be honest, I think the whole of Knightmare.com is worth reading. You definitely don't need to read anything to contribute on these forums though, where we try to welcome people no matter what they know or remember. If you have the time, looking through some of the old threads here is definitely worthwhile. There's some quite interesting and quite funny stuff in the archives. I was thinking about collecting together links to what I humbly think are good, interesting, or funny threads that are somehow representative of what we talk about here, so new members can get a taste of some of the things that get discussed without having to search through every single topic. Myabe I'll get around to that.

The "Links" section is a great place to peruse too. There are so many great sites, pages and such out there that I'd do a disservice to some excellent examples if I try to list too many. I'd definitely take a go at Ali's Dark Talisman game, however. And if you're interested in the new Knightmare that is currently in the development stages, the news section at www.televirtual.com is another place to visit.

:D

Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 29 Oct 2003, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

Hey Grimaldine whats the actual story with televirtual has tim child anything to do with it or will hugo wyatt be featuring in it probably not.  I dont like the sound of "but with virtual reality and avatar (3D cloning) technology removing the need for any blindfolding or guiding of the studio based adventure."
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hey Grimaldine whats the actual story with televirtual has tim child anything to do with it or will hugo wyatt be featuring in it probably not.  I dont like the sound of "but with virtual reality and avatar (3D cloning) technology removing the need for any blindfolding or guiding of the studio based adventure."
Tim Child runs Televirtual, the company who'll be involved with making the new Knightmare. He's said on this forum that he'd like to get Hugo Myatt involved in the project if circumstances are right and the various people involved- TV stations and such- allow it. There was an avatar thing of Hugo created, which bodes at least slightly well, I think.

The format issue is one we've discussed a lot here. If you're interested, I can instant message you links to the relevant threads. While it may not be the same, things sometimes have to move on, and there are things possible with a dungeoneer being able to see which weren't possible when they were blindfolded. Who knows? It might just be better, given a chance. I guess we're all waiting on further developments to be able to tell for sure. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Just goes to show how wrong you are  ;D

Only kidding. Hi Mark, hope you have a lovely time here on the Knightmare forum
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

Yeah If you could instant msg me the links to those particular threads regarding the new format Knightmare I might learn from them.  Cheers Grimaldine
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

Yeah If you could instant msg me the links to those particular threads regarding the new format Knightmare I might learn from them.  Cheers Grimaldine
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hi and welcome!

There's also Knightmare Chat, held Saturday and Sunday nights from 8PM onwards. Chat programs can be found in the Interactive site. The link to that is on the front page. It's quite good there - sometimes we even talk about Knightmare. ;D
Subject to change.
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

Lol ok Ill check it out this weekend then, Im glad to see that there are alot of very helpful people on this messageboard.  I thought nightmare was finished when i was 11 in 1994, im glad to see that its certainly just not the case thanks guys and girls.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yeah, it's marvellous that it's being kept alive - to the extent that a new series is in development. This last year has been very eventful. :)
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hey up mate, how do you do?

Damn right this year has been eventful, proverbially 'on' and 'off' the main KM scene. We've now seen three separate series hitting the screen since last Xmas, that's within 10 months (although I have to say last Christmas is still the most special in my eyes - seeing S3 for the first time in sooooooooooooooooo long right over the great festive period!). Lots been going on with regards to the RPG and the independent fixtures that have been created along with that; lots going on with the community; KM Chat still very much alive and kicking; and just ever building up this huge network of great fans of a great show into a great family. I pass on superlatives. :)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Woof_The_Dog
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

_Re: I never thought a place like this existed

Post by Woof_The_Dog »

Hello Hanna_ball

If you are seriously interested in talking knightmare language I have some in depth tutorials but you need to be dedicated and you have to sign up membership costs £35 per year and there are knightmare quizzes each month with knightmare badges awarded to the winners. Let me know if you want to know more.

Does anyone on this board know of a superior programme to knightmare that used to exist it was called woof. If involved the psychological complexities of a young boy turning into a doy while in his teens. It covered a lot of major issues such as boys turning into dogs. Does anyone know of any sites.

Cheers

Eric