Knightmare Convention: messaging celebrities

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Re: Knightmare Convention

Post by HobGoblin »

Actually, Dave Berry retweeted the link!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Got driving lesson tuesday, I'll ask My instructor to leave Me in Norwich tomorrow, I'll hand the prinouts into edp24 shop in Dereham today and ask if they can pass it on to their other external offices in Norwich, Swaffham etc.

I just realised Dara O Brien said he's a bit of a geek and plays videogames, has anyone thought of asking him about the km convention and see what he says and would Stephen Fry be intersted in takling about it?.

I didn't get a reponse back from Rob Llewellyn sorry guys.

Wombstar: I will try the film and television shop near the forum in Noriwch and try anywhere else I can find there tomorrow.

I really hope we reach this, why aren't more of the km community getting involved?.

Edit: I'm having difficulty condensing this, prinout's 12 pages for the main one, copied it and I can't get all of it to show on microsoft word, I'll keep trying but I don't know if I'll have enough paper and be able to make a lot of prinouts if it's this big, I'll do what I can, I'll have less so I'll have to find the right places for this.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I've just sent some tweets to Noah Antwiler on twitter and asked if he could link us if he has time as it would really mean a lot to km fans all over and mentioned his km review, I don't think My message got to him on facebook and I don't know if I'll get a reply or a good one either, but who knows, I told him this convention also reflects the future of km as well if it happens.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Just sent a long pm to Dara O Braian on facebook about knightmare and the convention, since he playes videogames and likes some of the geeky stuff a lot of us do I thought it would be worth a try and see what he says, would it be worth asking stephen fry as well?.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I'm going to share this on den of geek fb page, since it seemed to be suggested on fb I figure it's worth a try.

Nothing back from dara yet & no reply from noah on twitter.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Just shared this with den of geek and see what they do, I also tweeted Dara O Braian reg it, it's a shame Noah Antwiler won't mention this & I really don't get why he won't but what can you do.

We now appear to be at £3,280 and rising, I'll try and make one more pledge if I can.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I've just contributed a bit more and I wish I could find some more money but that's all I've got (shrugs).

Still no answer from Dara.

My fanart of Treguard, can it be sold for a price to help raise a bit more?, just curious.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Made a big post, that was also blunt & to the point on ashens page on the km gw episode & stated km future depends on it as there aren't any comments there & I hope it helps ashens who put the link in the vid & mentioned on the vid.

What's going on knightmare fans?, where the hell are you?. :-/
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Still spamming fb with this & mentioned on challenge again ( along with twitter ) I'm almost starting to loathe some of the km fanbase as much as the rocket knight adventures fanbase ( who I run a campaign for on fb & feel just as passionate about), if only Noah shared this, I'll unfollow him on twitter later & rob llew & dara could've done this for us ( what is it with some celebrities ?).
malibupete
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by malibupete »

You'll find a lot of celebrities have a blanket policy of not promoting things that people ask them to retweet; for someone with a lot of followers, your request will probably be one of dozens - or even hundreds - they get each week. They can't retweet them all, so it's fairer for them to retweet none. It may be inconvenient, but it's true.

I think it's frustrating that the fate of the show has been tied in with this convention, particularly as that fact hasn't been obvious in any of the publicity outside of this site until the past few days. Perhaps I'm naive, but I think if Tim Child decided to fund a new series of Knightmare via crowdfunding you'd see a lot more people donating.

Sad as it is, conventions will always be viewed by the public as a niche affair for the most obsessive of fans only. There's no easy way around this.

Anyway, I've made my donation (I may be able to donate a little more before the campaign ends, depending on how this weekend goes) and I hope it goes ahead. Either way, full kudos is due to Alan for the work he's clearly put in behind the scenes up to this point.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I've tried most of itv pages on fb ( news ones) & asked My brothers m8 on fb if he's heard of km as he's managed to bump into a few famous people before.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Someone on km fb page asked if the cover pic to be changed to pledge a pound to see if it helps, that way people might get constantly shamed till they pledge (as she said).

I can work on a very quick drawing right now for it if you want and if you guys want it use it for the cover page for this.

Sending the km convention to as many yt videos on km (along with pms with the link) as I can.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Done an exhausting search on youtube for all knightmare videos, pmd some and mentioend the link, petition and future of km depdended on it.