Knightmare Convention promotion on social media

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare Convention promotion on social media

Post by HStorm »

Another thing everyone can do, even if they can't pledge any money, is regularly plug the Convention pages on social media, especially Facebook and Twitter. A good idea is to try and time the posts for a little before midday on Saturdays, because that's when the series is running on Challenge.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Convention

Post by HStorm »

May I request that EVERYBODY reading this tries to do the following from around 11:20am until about 12:40pm on Saturday please?

Be on Twitter and Facebook throughout this period (if you haven't got accounts, just open one - you can easily close them again afterwards), and any other social media platforms you may be on. Throughout this hour-and-twenty-minutes, please repeatedly Tweet the following, once every three minutes or so; -

http://t.co/Bp3yCGQwXm
The #Knightmare Convention needs your support. Please donate anything you can spare.
#KnightmareCon

Also, once every ten minutes or so, post the same message on Facebook/Tumblr/etc.

Let's everybody work together here while the programme is actually showing on Challenge, and have a properly co-ordinated attempt to get the Convention trending as a topic.

I know this will be rather a slow and tedious way to pass an hour-and-a-half of our richly-earned weekends, but given that that will be the last showing of a KM episode while the Indiegogo campaign is still up-and-running, I suspect that it will be the last chance we have to give the funding a real boost.

Let's put everything we have into it during those two episodes.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Any time you see a Tweet or FB post discussing the Convention, but especially while an episode is on Challenge, reTweet it/share it on your Timeline. Even if it's identical to a Tweet/post you've already shared. And then copy the link location for the Tweet/FB post into a fresh Tweet, add in the #Knightmare and #KnightCon hashtags, and share it again.

Let's try and get the Convention trending at the optimum time people are likely to be looking for KM online i.e. when it's on TV.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

HStorm wrote:May I request that EVERYBODY reading this tries to do the following from around 11:20am until about 12:40pm on Saturday please?

Be on Twitter and Facebook throughout this period (if you haven't got accounts, just open one - you can easily close them again afterwards), and any other social media platforms you may be on. Throughout this hour-and-twenty-minutes, please repeatedly Tweet the following, once every three minutes or so; -

http://t.co/Bp3yCGQwXm
The #Knightmare Convention needs your support. Please donate anything you can spare.
#KnightmareCon
Simply reposting the same message repeatedly will attract the ire of Twitter/Facebook.
However, if you use it to CHAT about the Knightmare convention - particularly with other people on twitter - and end up posting messages every 3 minutes or so, this would be perfect.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

I agree that Sat morning is a great time to drum up support. But yes, if people see the same message over and over again it might be counter-productive.

I’ve sent so many convention-related tweets over the last week I’ve literally started dreaming about them! I’ve tried to target groups or individuals I think might be interested in either pledging or spreading the word – anyone who has written about KM or the GW episode, Norwich based groups, those who presented CiTV when KM was on, people who’ve supported KM on documentaries or list shows, public figures who’ve expressed interest in the gaming or fantasy genre; I’ve searched twitter for terms like ‘fantasy’, ‘cult’, ‘retro‘, ‘80s’ to find potentially interested parties….and so on. And I’m not done yet! I’ve had a fair number of re-tweets, favourites and new followers but it’s difficult to know how this all translates into financial support.

However, here are some interesting stats:

My most successful tweet in terms of numbers reached is the one I sent to Dave Berry –he has around 156.2k followers and he re-tweeted me. Of his followers, 4,444 people viewed the tweet and 11 people followed the link. How many of these pledged? I would guess one or two at best. Still worth sending a quick tweet of course but it highlights what a numbers game social media is.

There’s only so much a handful of KM fans can do to spread the word – so please get involved people!!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Simply reposting the same message repeatedly will attract the ire of Twitter/Facebook.
We are less than ONE-THIRD of the way to the target total, and there is slightly over four days to go. For all of the suggestions that many people 'leave it to the last minute', we can't rely on that, and with so little time left, there is now very little to lose. I see Twitter/FB's disapproval as a risk well worth taking, given the stage we've reached. If they try to suspend people, big deal, it's easy to set up a spare account and switch to it.
However, if you use it to CHAT about the Knightmare convention - particularly with other people on twitter - and end up posting messages every 3 minutes or so, this would be perfect.
If people can come up with their own, far more varied Tweets/FB posts to share while KM is on tomorrow, all the better, I for sure won't try to talk them out of it.

But whatever the precise content proves to be, we need a real stream of activity on social media networks to increase the chance of the Convention showing as a trend, and it's likeliest to attract people's attention while KM is in their minds. To do that, we need people posting frequently during the show, and there are likely to be times when they simply won't be able to think of anything new to say. A generic cut-n-paste like the one I suggested above will be handy at those moments.

Anyway, I will be doing this tomorrow. If others choose not to, that is of course entirely up to them.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

A slight modification to the plan. If you go to the following URL...

http://dunshelmplayers.wordpress.com/20 ... onvention/

...you will find a wide selection of generic Tweets/FB-posts that everyone is welcome to use to copy-paste. The wording is varied enough to fight off any accusations of being a spam-bot, and they can all be reused simply by tweaking them here and there.

I shall add more to that page over the next 11 hours or so as I think of them. Please, as many of you as possible, try to help with this while Knightmare is on tomorrow - or rather, later today. If there isn't a substantial increase in the funding rate over the next 13 hours or so, I really do suspect that that will be it. All over.

Let's create a real TweetMare tomorrow!
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Great idea on the list hstorm, just tweeted & shared on fb with one of them.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I just realised I have got a lot to risk and can't risk having My fb and twitter accounts closed since Konami UK and Europe get in contact with Me because they want Me to create blog content for them (through My petition for rka), however I'll do what I can for the good of this programme.

We now stand at 4,089 as of 9.55am today, 3/4 left.

I'm spamming this constantly on the km fb page and trying to do what I can with it on twitter as well.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Well, a fair number of us created the "TweetMare" Twitter Storm, while also posting to Facebook. It appears to have had very little effect at all though. The total is now £4,131, and since the Twitter Storm started, we appear to have had all of five pledges, and who is to say that those pledges wouldn't have been made anyway?

We are into the last three-and-a-half days, and we now have just slightly over one-third of the funding. Even if it's true that many people don't donate until the last minute, it really is going to take a miracle to reach the target now.

It's such a shame. After all the great activity for KM over the last year, this really had so much potential.