Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Movie.

Projects of the cast and crew of Knightmare.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Movie.

Post by BBrooks »

The Movie is called "Dead Cert" and looks to be released this year, it's currently in the Post-Production stage.

He's going to star alongside acclaimed British Actor's, Jason Flemyng, Steven Berkoff, Dexter Fletcher and Danny Dyer.

The movie is about a gang of tough British Gangster's who get more than theiy bargained for when a group of Buisnessmen offer to buy their club "The Inferno". They turn out to be nothing less than Vampires wanting their land back and turn viciously on the Gangster's when their demands are not met. (Sounds similar to "From Dusk Till Dawn")

It doesn't look like he's got a huge role in the film as his name is quite a long way down the cast list on IMDB. But it sounds great.

What do you think? Will it be better than "Snuff Movie"?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Mo

Post by Pooka »

I think I may have seen an advert for this...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

In addition to finding out about what Hugo's doing now, I decided to find out what some of the other cast members were up to, I found Jackie Sawiris's Website that Drassil mentioned and I posted last year that David Learner is now a Marketing Executive for Alliance.
Clifford Barry, a few months back appeared (for the second time) in The Bill, and Mark Knight does mainly Voiceover Work these days. Erin Geraghty (a.k.a The Ogre from Series 4) appeared last year in Last of the Summer Wine and Lawrence Werber (a.k.a Cedric) is now a Doctor and works in Dental Practice, can you believe.
But the one cast member who I found the most information on was Edmund Dehn (a.k.a Gumboil, Granitas, Olgarth and the Giant)

On his website www.edmunddehn.com he goes into detail about what he's been up to recently, he says,

"Late last year, I heard that I had been chosen as "Best Supporting Actor" for my role as Charon in "Lovelorn" at the L A Reel Film Festival. Since then I've played several different characters in the Comedy Project's 2010 season at the Soho, filmed a corporate short as a native French speaker & done a solo show for an audience of Museum professionals at Cambridge University; I am also currently playing the lead in a fan film set in the world of Judge Dredd - wearing That Costume & playing with lots of boys' toys!! Several other feature films are currently in post-production, among them, "Spoon", in which I play opposite Darren Boyd & Rutger Hauer, & "7 Africans". Last year I recorded the "Gormenghast" trilogy unabridged onto audio book - for the second time! & long ago, I was a regular in the 1st 2 series of the children's show "Knightmare."

It's really great to know that he still acknowledges his time on KM and still has a fondness for the show. Out of all of the Actor's/Actresses who appeared in Knightmare, he's the one who's had the most successful career since it ended.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Some great information there on what the actors and actresses of Knightmare have gotten up to since the show eneded, BBrooks(KM Forever)

But just a slight nit-pick corection Erin Geraghty played Mistress Goody not the Oger. Thou this is an undertandable error as that was (and might still be) the part she's credited as playing on the main site Cast info for Series 4. :)
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Judge Dredd AND the masterpieces of Mervyn Peake?!

Edmund Dehn wins at everything. That is all.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

"Dead Cert" update. I've just found the new Trailer for it on YouTube and theres an all too brief clip of Hugo in the Film.

Go to YouTube and type in Dead Cert Trailer and click on the 3rd video down (the one that's 2.29 minutes long) and pause at 0.41and you'll see Hugo. He's aged very well and the Beard has been re-introduced. He's still got the scary eyes. :)

The dialogue he says is "We are human.......and frail".

I can't wait to see this movie now.
Bumptious
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Bumptious »

Sorry to divert this slightly, but where in God's name did that ridiculous "fact" that Erin Geraghty played the Ogre come from? Surely it is obvious that the Ogre is portrayed by a man, and Erin is a female name! ::)

Whatever next, people suggesting that Michael Cule returned in Series 8 as Stilletta, whilst Bryan McNerney went on to play Gwendoline and Sidriss?!
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Bumptious wrote:Michael Cule returned in Series 8 as Stilletta,
You have ruined my Rule 34 Stilletta fantasies forever. THIS INSULT WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

[quote="Bumptious"]Sorry to divert this slightly, but where in God's name did that ridiculous "fact" that Erin Geraghty played the Ogre come from? Surely it is obvious that the Ogre is portrayed by a man, and Erin is a female name! ::)

It clearly states in the Series 4 section on the site that Erin Geraghty played "The Ogre" so I'm not taking any blame :), and on Erin's official website (www.eringeraghty.com), when you get to Knightmare on her CV she's credited as "Goody Bad Wife" not Mistress Goody. I just don't know who to trust anymore. :D
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

BBrooks(KM Forever) wrote: It clearly states in the Series 4 section on the site that Erin Geraghty played "The Ogre" so I'm not taking any blame :), and on Erin's official website (www.eringeraghty.com), when you get to Knightmare on her CV she's credited as "Goody Bad Wife" not Mistress Goody. I just don't know who to trust anymore. :D
*Nods* she dose credit herself on that as Goody Badwife the resson for that being according to her, apparantly, IS that Mistress GoodyBadwife was the characters full name. And since No other KM character was ever called Goody and that some pictures on the site show her dressed in a costume that very closely ressembels the one we saw Mistrees goody wearing....I think tis safe to say the character she's reffering to is indeed Mistress Goody.

http://interactive.knightmare.org.uk/co ... ss%20Goody
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Hooray, this long-standing error (Erin Geraghty = Mistress Goody) has at last been corrected in the Series 4 section of the website! Top marks to whoever did that, it's needed doing for yonks!

Obviously no one bothered mentioning on the actual show that her full name was Goody Badwife, which doesn't surprise me as she was such an underused and overlooked character, it's hard to understand why they bothered having her in the first place!
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Looks an interesting movie, nice to he Hugo as well!

Looks like Billy Murray AKA Don Beech from The Bill there too...
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Just to let you know that "Dead Cert" will premiere at Frightfest" on the 27th August, Hugo will presumably be attending the premiere. You can check out the latest news on the official Facebook page for the film.
http://pa-in.facebook.com/group.php?gid ... 703&v=wall

The movie will be released on 27th September. you can pre-order it here.
http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/dvd ... 06918.html

By the way, I've finally found Hugo's online CV and casting call, it has some really great pictures one of them is recent.
http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1/M11612.html

I'm pretty sure this is a mistake but it says in his Acting Credits that he's provided the voice for Treguard in a 2009 animation for Televirtual.

Could this be what Tim Child has been stirring since 2008 ? I know that it's more than likely a typing error and they've mistaken it for KMVR in 2005, but it's these little things that keep us fans going, isn't it ? :)
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

BBrooks(KM Forever) wrote:Just to let you know that "Dead Cert" will premiere at Frightfest" on the 27th August, Hugo will presumably be attending the premiere. You can check out the latest news on the official Facebook page for the film.
http://pa-in.facebook.com/group.php?gid ... 703&v=wall

The movie will be released on 27th September. you can pre-order it here.
http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/dvd ... 06918.html

By the way, I've finally found Hugo's online CV and casting call, it has some really great pictures one of them is recent.
http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1/M11612.html

I'm pretty sure this is a mistake but it says in his Acting Credits that he's provided the voice for Treguard in a 2009 animation for Televirtual.

Could this be what Tim Child has been stirring since 2008 ? I know that it's more than likely a typing error and they've mistaken it for KMVR in 2005, but it's these little things that keep us fans going, isn't it ? :)
It could be, but sadly I think that ship may have sailed! :'(

Hope I'm wrong though...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Just to mention, 'Erin' can be a man's name too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0731086/