The Eye Shield Issue 51

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

The Eye Shield Issue 51

Post by Eyeshield »

... is now available at www.knightmare.com/tes/issue51

Please come right back to this thread if this issue sparks any kind of reaction and start off an intriguing discussion.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:The Eye Shield Issue 51

Post by 123Pooka »

Another enjoyable issue! I'm thinking of taking part in that Knightmare QI - the questions are really well thought out. I think I could end up being the Alan Davies of the contest if I made an attempt though.

Anyway - on that swinging pendulum. I've always thought that in a later series that could have been so much more and used to great effect (perhaps in the controversial series 8?). In particular I think that could have been terrific in the S8 dark dwarf tunnels - similarly as with series 2 showing the dungeoneer from a side on point of view navigating across the corridor. Can you imagine if it had been one of Lord Fear's traps and he could have manipulated it to swing superfast? Oooooh nasty.

In respect of Jim Waterman's 'if my memory serves me true' part. I think his thought of two blades passing in parallel would have made the challenge of that shortcut much more interesting!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Hey, cheers for posting again. :D

Do enter Knightmare QI - I've got scores of 11 and -20 so far so you could easily set the bar a lot higher, with 40 points available in there somewhere.

If there were two blades at a time in the Short Cut, it might be a slightly fairer substitute for the whole of level 2 - good idea!
Last edited by Eyeshield on 06 May 2008, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

So...

After six months, did anyone take the time to read my Mistaken Memories article?

EDIT: clearly, someone did. Marvellous.
Last edited by Ironlord on 06 Nov 2008, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!