Search found 73 matches

by s4t8brett
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:40 pm
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: Anyone - revolving disc in Series 3 and 4
Replies: 7
Views: 403

Re: Anyone - revolving disc in Series 3 and 4

Hi Drassil, I think we just watched it together when it was first transmitted. Hi Mindless Automartum, Tim just wanted us to throw the spanner down the corridor; he said "Haven't you heard the phrase 'throw a spanner in the works?' " and noted that I had said it ('throw the spanner down the corridor...
by s4t8brett
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Okay, Drassil, but we recorded the Place of Choice only once. It took something like five minutes and they edited it down quite a bit. The only re-recording was on the Level 1 conveyor belt (we were looking for somewhere to throw the spanner 'in the works' and were passed thr doirs when Giles lobbed...
by s4t8brett
Mon May 28, 2018 7:58 pm

I seem to recall Giles said he could hear the motor before the action started, Drassil. I remember thinking afterwards 'If that was the first scene ...'
by s4t8brett
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: True or False trivia question
Views: 641

Re: True or False trivia question

Truth accepted! I think Drassil got in with the correct answer first on this occasion. I have often wondered whether the Falling Bridge was originally intended for Series 3, as it had 3-part scenes in each of the upper levels.
by s4t8brett
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:38 am

Re: True or False trivia question

Okay MindlessAutomartum!
by s4t8brett
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:57 pm

True or False trivia question

Just a bit of fun: Some graphics from a game chamber in Series 1-3 was used in Series 4-5: true or false? (Excluding the life force animation).
by s4t8brett
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:10 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 16
Replies: 89
Views: 28745

Re: Series 4 - Episode 16

Thank you, Drassil; that's very perceptive of you and not something I've been conscious of while watching it post-production. There was at least one rehearsal and at least one take, so I'm not surprised those things disappeared with (floor manager) Tom Hunt's fastidious attention to presentation wit...
by s4t8brett
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:40 pm
Topic: Series 4 Episode 7
Replies: 47
Views: 17392

Re: Series 4 Episode 7

Interesting hypothesis, Drassil! They didn't have the supercomputers in the studio for Series 4, so it is likely the graphics was also pre-generated (except for the overlays added by the Amiga) - however, it might have been the case that such sequences could have been superimposed over any other bac...
by s4t8brett
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Views: 2397

Re: Narration for New Knightmare

I've had second thoughts about past-tense presentation but I think selective editing could be used more. When I first saw the eye shield I thought they'd cracked integrating VR. I still think those sequences can add atmosphere, narration and variety and I would like to see choice within it e.g. choo...
by s4t8brett
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:08 pm
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Views: 2397

Re: Narration for New Knightmare

I didn't mean a re-cap as a repetition, rather selective editing in the first place to keep it interesting and pacey. Eye Shield sequences could be used in passing rather than start-to-finish - dipped into, to avoid being too long. I also thought the abrupt turns in Series 7 Eye Shield sequences wer...
by s4t8brett
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:39 pm
Topic: Did series 1-8 exhaust the possibilities for *gameplay* in the format?
Replies: 0
Views: 485

Did series 1-8 exhaust the possibilities for *gameplay* in the format?

Just wondering whether there are enough new ideas to make Knightmare work. Hugo Myatt said in 1994 he thought it could run for at least another couple of series. But most of the suggestions I've come across seem to revolve around 'improved graphics' or a debate about VR. What about the actual gamepl...
by s4t8brett
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 am
Topic: BUT spell
Replies: 16
Views: 3714

Re: BUT spell

I agree with all the points you made in your previous post, wombstar!
by s4t8brett
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am

"But" could have stopped the magic sword (I wouldn't have thought there was intended to be a wordplay on 'butt' but you never know) and then the Transformation spell could have turned Mogdred into - say a lizard. However, he was blocking the obvious exit - although Treguard could have directed them ...
by s4t8brett
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Drassil, you seem to have understood my point of view well regarding the BUT spell encounter! The only Behemoth I know is in the book of Job, which for me doesn't particularly equate to the knight in Series 3 (although you're correct in recalling that Treguard made that connection). In some ways I w...