Search found 27 matches

by Selphie
Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 am
Forum: Series 6
Topic: Series 6 Ep 11
Replies: 62
Views: 37200

Re:Series 6 Ep 11

I love this episode; the tension is great. The mines of gore are so dark and creepy complete with the background music. I liked the themeing of this level 3, it all flowed nicely and again kept the tension up. I was slightly confused by LF appearing in his tights! Not very uber-baddie I think you'll...
by Selphie
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:49 pm
Topic: Series 6 Episode 10
Replies: 22
Views: 15250

Re:Series 6 Episode 10

I noticed that one of the advisers started to spellcast BACKFIRE when in the room with the witch shooting at them and were given the absolutely huge hint from Pickle that they should just make a run for it instead. To me casting the spell would have made sense instead of legging it. For Greystag to ...
by Selphie
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:38 pm
Topic: Series 6 Episode 9 and review so far!
Replies: 21
Views: 15068

Re:Series 6 Episode 9 and review so far!

Thank you to everyone in this thread; I've never thought about how JS has a brummie accent, it's given my KM viewing a whole new spin! :D Am I correct in thinking that the team never used their second level 1 clue object (being the horn). With the scroll of "Gold to the east, silver to the west" I t...
by Selphie
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 am
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)
Replies: 41
Views: 25627

Re:Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)

I gave up trying to count the doors myself because of the picture cutting back to the advisers I realised I actually had no idea how many levels they'd gone down by. I can only assume that with the delay from the advisers to the dungeoneer shouting stop, the team would have been given the benefit of...
by Selphie
Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:55 am
Topic: Series 5 Episode 16 (Mon. 24th)
Replies: 22
Views: 14811

Re:Series 5 Episode 16 (Mon. 24th)

Really enjoying watching a team who all contribute, it makes such a big difference! ;D It's interesting how this team managed the causeway fine with the usual walking forwards and side-stepping moves and no panicking. One question to get the token from Gwen and it wasn't a very difficult one. There'...
by Selphie
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:58 am
Topic: Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)
Replies: 41
Views: 25627

Re:Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)

Elves are more susceptible to the cold than humans are they? Well then why is pickle wearing the equivalent of shorts and t-shirt while Treguard's sitting there in full winter gear complete with cloak? Hmm bad continuity I think, would have been much simpler to change the dialogue so that it was alo...
by Selphie
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:41 am
Topic: Series 5 Episode 14 (Wed. 19th)
Replies: 32
Views: 21910

Re:Series 5 Episode 14 (Wed. 19th)

I've really enjoyed reading this thread with everyone's opinions on how level 2 could have been different :). I'm afraid I don't have any detailed analysis to offer, but my tuppence worth ;) My reading of the scroll was just to take the silver, if it was a cryptic clue about spells then I completely...
by Selphie
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:22 pm
Topic: Series 5 - Episode 12
Replies: 29
Views: 19629

Re:Series 5 - Episode 12

I think calling this team cheats is way too harsh. My reasoning for this: 1) The Gwen situation. They took her token, in some quests this would seem to be enough to get the help required to progress. To have to answer questions on top of this makes it a trickier challenge to start with (compared to ...
by Selphie
Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:14 pm
Forum: Newbie Welcome
Topic: Greetings fellow Knights
Replies: 5
Views: 2902

Re:Greetings fellow Knights

Hi Nathan and welcome :)

A question for you then; which is your favourite style of pooka, the S4 2D ones or the later green GCI style ones?
by Selphie
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:58 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 16
Replies: 93
Views: 51611

Re:Team 8 series 4 ..were they robbed?

This is an exciting episode, very action packed. My initial thoughts on the CoB was that they were clipped by one, but happy they survived. It seems that pretty much all the teams enter the block and tackle room at a 45 degree angle. Maybe this was done on purpose to see how they coped with it, it c...
by Selphie
Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:36 am
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 13
Replies: 42
Views: 25558

Re:Series 4 last 3

Woo winning team! ;D Have to agree that after their tense beginning and middle of level 3, having a door monster and then a final room with just a little haunting did feel like an anti-climax. Saving the final encounter for the final chamber would have been better imo, certainly the final encounters...
by Selphie
Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:26 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 11
Replies: 38
Views: 24593

Re:Series 3 - Episode 11

I enjoyed watching this team; they really seemed to be enjoying themselves and getting into it. Unfortunately they were too excitable to get very far. When they only got 1/3 in the clue room I thought they were doomed and I think they did from the reactions on their faces. Their poor dungeoneer must...
by Selphie
Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:49 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 7
Replies: 28
Views: 19310

Re:No chance

The beam room with the missing floor pieces always provides entertainment from the sudden panic of having to direct their dungeoneer in anything that isn't right angles! The same kind of problems also cropped up so many times with the causeway puzzles in the later series, with all this 'shuffle left...
by Selphie
Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:34 pm
Topic: Series 6 Ep 8
Replies: 39
Views: 24602

Re:Series 6 Ep 8

A thought that occurred to me while watching this which is common to a couple of other quests this series is the awkwardness of manoeuvring the dungeoneer out of the way of the Dreadnort once they've given the correct password. It seems like one of those things they couldn't do anything about but it...
by Selphie
Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:22 pm
Topic: Series 6 Episode 7
Replies: 12
Views: 9388

Re:Series 6 Episode 7

This episode wasn't a good one as far as causeways went! While I commented that the team were likely in losing status at the end of the last episode I wasn't ever expecting their appearance in this episode to be quite so brief! The "we're dead Alan" comment from one of the advisers was hilarious :D....