Search found 65 matches

by NeilJones
Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:53 am
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Knightmare on Teletext - Recoveries!
Replies: 7
Views: 5272

Knightmare on Teletext - Recoveries!

Hello to the three of four people still here who know who I am. As you may be aware there were a few Knightmare games on some old medium called Teletext, which was all the rage in the 1980s and 1990s, sort of like retro one-way internet if you like. Anyway all your old TV recordings harbour a secret...
by NeilJones
Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: "The road to Hell and back" - Halloween 2010
Replies: 30
Views: 32191

Re: "The road to Hell and back" - Halloween 2010

I should have said in my previous post that I may only be able to do the Saturday. That's what you get for writing on forums after bedtime. Therefore Alton Towers and Thorpe Park isn't going to happen because as much as I would love to simply drop everything and go tootling around the country with y...
by NeilJones
Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 pm
Topic: "The road to Hell and back" - Halloween 2010
Replies: 30
Views: 32191

Re: "The road to Hell and back" - Halloween 2010

I've been seriously thinking about this since I first saw the thread but I thought I'd wait and see not on the basis of who's going but how much interest there would be. I seem to have a want to jump on every social bandwagon going at the moment. Which worries me slightly but it probably means I hav...
by NeilJones
Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 pm
Topic: Edinburgh meetup?
Replies: 6
Views: 4106

Re: Edinburgh meetup?

I could be interested in partaking (he says, wandering in an entire week after the last post was made, which is nothing new really). Due to the distance involved (for me anyway, best part of a six hour tootle up the motorway, a journey of nearly 250 miles (which includes diversions, getting lost and...
by NeilJones
Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What happened to CITV?
Replies: 3
Views: 5818

Re:What happened to CITV?

I rember coming home from school and flicking between CBBC and CITV. I looked through both channels recently at around the 'Kids coming home from school' hour and found no mention of CITV. Just did some research and it seems no more kids shows are shown of channel 3 around this time. Why is this? I...
by NeilJones
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am
Forum: Website Feedback
Topic: Re:Billy's Picky Website Corrections...and other people's, too!
Replies: 210
Views: 107490

Re:Billy's Picky Website Corrections...and other people's, too!

Despite the fact I haven't written anything on here in the last 15 months (and most people won't have a clue who I am despite having been registered since November 2002 and only making 57 posts in that time), I feel inclined to post something. Consider this page: http://www.knightmare.com/series/cit...
by NeilJones
Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:43 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Knightmare on ITV
Replies: 10
Views: 6287

Re:Knightmare on ITV

Not worth a new thread so I'll just dump this post in here as it seems a good enough place. Debbie King, one of the presenters of the popular QuizMania strand on ITV Play, announced on-air tonight (in response to an email) that she used to love Knightmare and even managed to secure an audition at so...
by NeilJones
Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:58 pm
Topic: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?
Replies: 54
Views: 33074

When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?

This'll be interesting. When, if ever, in your opinion did Knightmare jump the shark? For those of you not in on this piece of terminology... Jumping the shark is a metaphor used by US television critics and fans since the 1990s to denote the moment when a television series is (in retrospect) deemed...
by NeilJones
Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:02 pm
Topic: TAPE PIRACY
Replies: 250
Views: 118185

Re:Is this allowed?

Granada have already made a killing by selling broadcast rights to Challenge. SO… they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they released the DVD. After all, who’s going to watch the Challenge reruns, if they already own the DVD? Be that as it may, it hasn't stopped other TV shows being rele...
by NeilJones
Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:23 am
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Has anybody seen Raven?
Replies: 34
Views: 17938

Re:Has anybody seen Raven?

It's marketed as an original show but surely we're nearly at the stage now nearly 70 years after the first TV broadcasts in this country where everything that can be done on TV has been done and everything else to come has been done before. Space Cadets? Notice use of "nearly" in my post. Anyway so...
by NeilJones
Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:32 am
Topic: i got every episode of knightmare
Replies: 4
Views: 2205

Re:i got every episode of knightmare

jonesy wrote: i got knightmare series 1 - 8 on me new pc i aint left me flat all day :) its good 2 reminsce.
Aren't you the jammy one?
by NeilJones
Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:32 am
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Has anybody seen Raven?
Replies: 34
Views: 17938

Re:Has anybody seen Raven?

I've had the pleasure of watching Raven and yes I've also noticed its built along the same premise as Knightmare was. It seems to be You Bet meets Knightmare meets Fort Boyard in some regards. The Knightmare influence is pretty clear (guy with silly beard is in charge watching over physically fit br...
by NeilJones
Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:36 am
Topic: eBay image hotlinkers
Replies: 5
Views: 3355

Re:eBay image hotlinkers

Assuming Keith's script is something that you drop in the root of the web server, then it would be possible to make another file which you drop in another folder and anything in there one can hot-link from (for example if you want to remote host something from your own site for display on a forum). ...
by NeilJones
Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:14 pm
Topic: Non-related
Replies: 109
Views: 43164

Re:Backup forum...

Well if you could see how much I actually paid for the hosting for Knightmare Post, you'd be surprised that it's actually available at all. :)

Anyway, all I can is try again later.
by NeilJones
Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:33 pm
Topic: Knightmarers on the map
Replies: 8
Views: 5094

Re:Knightmarers on the map

16 members now including one international member. Knightmare in Finland, eh?