Search found 1008 matches

by Pooka
Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:29 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Vague memories I'm not sure happened?
Replies: 8
Views: 286

Re: Vague memories I'm not sure happened?

Yes, in Series 5. It just popped up for a moment and disappeared again, and nobody commented on it. It seemed a bit pointless as I think it was on the screen for less than a second. It's also the only time we see a pooka in Series 5, if I remember that correctly! Likewise with the Gordon Ramsay poo...
by Pooka
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:10 pm
Topic: Vague memories I'm not sure happened?
Replies: 8
Views: 286

Re: Vague memories I'm not sure happened?

Canadanne wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 pm
AriadnesLayer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 pm
An eyeshield sequence with a pooka in it.

Yes, in Series 5. It just popped up for a moment and disappeared again, and nobody commented on it.

It's also the only time we see a pooka in Series 5, if I remember that correctly!
by Pooka
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:07 pm
Topic: Does Smirkenorff change colour between Series 5 and 6?
Replies: 7
Views: 300

Re: Does Smirkenorff change colour between Series 5 and 6?

I hadn't noticed this before, but now I look at it, the more apparent it becomes! My best guess is that it was something to do with the chromakey. Maybe a possible explanation is that, if the puppet was blue, it would have disappeared entirely (or at least mostly) during the keying-out process, so s...
by Pooka
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:58 pm
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: The Knightmare Vending Machine
Replies: 11
Views: 1830

Re: The Knightmare Vending Machine

I attend the dinner, but due to a mix-up, music is actually provided by Redfoo from LMFAO. Sexy and you know it, you receive a bar of silver, akin to the ones found on clue tables. You decide to take it to the Dunswater Boatman, but he's having one of his greedy days and demands silver and gold. Whi...
by Pooka
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references in books
Replies: 9
Views: 2315

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in books

I've been on this forum since 2002 and, 15 years later, I've finally remembered to mention that the phrase "Enter, stranger" appears in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone : Enter, stranger, but take heed Of what awaits the sin of greed, For those who take, but do not earn, Must pay most dearly...
by Pooka
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:57 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: 5 characters you'd like to see return
Replies: 60
Views: 14847

Re: 5 characters you'd like to see return

OK, I can't believe I haven't done this yet! Annie already specified Treguard, Lord Fear and Lissard... so that saves me having to use one of my spaces for Lissard. Five more I'd like to see back are: Motley - always my favourite character. He's funnier than Folly (and the acting's a bit better), an...
by Pooka
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references on TV: game shows
Replies: 32
Views: 4548

Re: Unintended Knightmare references on TV

Today's Countdown Conundrum was FALSEHOOD.

Pushing the boundaries a bit here, but the guest in Dictionary Corner was named Barry.
by Pooka
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:01 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Re:Series 8 Episode 4
Replies: 16
Views: 5872

Re: Re:Series 8 Episode 4

With you on most of this. I'm pretty sure that the team would have had a final encounter with Bhal-Shebah and the way to distract him/them would have been to cause Bhal to argue with Shebah, either through verbal trickery or using some item or spell they were yet to obtain. There was a clue in an ea...
by Pooka
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:33 pm
Forum: Doctor Who
Topic: The Next Doctor
Replies: 3
Views: 453

Re: The Next Doctor

I haven't seen her in anything so I can't really give an opinion yet... but she certainly looks the part.
by Pooka
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 pm

You receive a spell scroll. On closer inspection, you find that it contains both TRANSFORMATION and BUT. Someone's crossed out TRANSFORMATION in red marker pen and put a circle around BUT with annotations saying things like "this is the right one to use" and "winners use this spell". You decide to u...
by Pooka
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:04 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: BUT spell
Replies: 16
Views: 1552

Re: BUT spell

Into a lizard? That's very specific; I can't see any indication that that would be the case! I've always thought it would have been one of four things: 1. This was a final encounter. BUT would have turned Mogdred's sword back on him (ie. he tries to kill them, BUT it doesn't work, or they would use ...
by Pooka
Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm

You receive the ale you asked for. You are surprised to find that it tastes like cherries. It has, in fact, been synthesised from the cherry on the Life Force pie, and now you are aging exponentially.

I insert a coin.
by Pooka
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:41 pm
Forum: Series 7
Topic: Series 7 - Episode 12
Replies: 33
Views: 9115

Re: Series 7 - Episode 12

But why would Hordriss not have got from Level 1 to Level 3 in time via magic? Magic is not supposed to work like that! An alternate explanation, although not one mooted by Treguard, is that Hordriss' magic isn't as powerful when in close proximity to Lord Fear. We saw this in the Mines of Gore in ...
by Pooka
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: What age are you...?
Replies: 283
Views: 53803

Re: What age are you...?

Canadanne wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Happy birthday Pooka! :green:
Thanks! I'm 32 now.
by Pooka
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:58 pm

You don't have a password, so how could you get past a blocker, never mind use the machine?

In any case, the password's on the scroll, which is on the clue table, which also has coins. I take one and insert it.