Search found 105 matches

by WillsOfDoom
Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Forum: Knightmare VR
Topic: Thoughts on VR
Replies: 12
Views: 10345

Re:Thoughts on VR

Interesting point about watching other people play a computer game. But wasn't the original show just watching others play their game? Personally I think avataring dungeoneers is slightly risky because it may de-humanise the player a bit, but not completely. Real people are still playing like they a...
by WillsOfDoom
Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:57 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: Re:End of The Line
Replies: 52
Views: 26931

Re:End of The Line

It looks like we won't have to wait very long before we have Knightmare back, guys. James P mentioned KM's return yesterday in a thread called 'The adventure game when did it start?' on the Challenge forum. It's probably not been confirmed yet though. I was expecting a much longer wait before news o...
by WillsOfDoom
Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:28 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: Re:End of The Line
Views: 26931

Re:End of The Line

I think it's a good thing that Challenge are resting it for now. Hopefully it'll return after a few months. It's also a good thing Series 1 and 2 have only been aired the once, because I'm sure Challenge will want to repeat them at some point, and get a return out of them.
by WillsOfDoom
Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:49 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8 - Episode 1
Replies: 71
Views: 40837

Re:Series 8, Episode 1

I don't like getting particularly picky, but isn't it illogical to everyone that a massive red dragon cannot fit through a six foot door? Still, I suppose it's no different from the Trolls in series 7. The dragon looks good anyway. Gideon is one of the most memorable advisors. Kind of felt sorry for...
by WillsOfDoom
Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:54 pm
Topic: Series 8 Episode 4
Replies: 17
Views: 12754

Re:Series 8 Episode 4

Maybe I missed something, but which item could this team have bartered with? There was a key, a glove and a needle, not really trading material. Did they just give up the SIGHT potion too readily? Honesty said the key was 'of some interest', so did they need to persuade him to trade for that? A litt...
by WillsOfDoom
Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:45 pm
Topic: Series 8 - Episode 3
Replies: 34
Views: 20885

Re:Series 8 Episode 3

Good episode. I think that the progressively longer and harder levels adopted in this series is the ideal situation. Let's face it, a quest only becomes really interesting when a team reaches level two. Don't you just hate it when a team dies in level three, and you realise you have to start watchin...
by WillsOfDoom
Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Great Knightmare Mysteries
Replies: 85
Views: 28836

Re:Mysteries ReVisited

Maybe other dimensions other than our own interact with the Dungeon - children from many worlds may take part in the Greater Game. Who knows...? Very interesting idea this. It was a very clever idea to begin with - to make the dungeon a realm that constantly morphs. In doing so they could do anythi...
by WillsOfDoom
Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:55 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: The Descender jamming between floors.
Replies: 78
Views: 27264

Re:Stuck in a lift with...

The idea of Charon and the Styx could be a great one to use in VR. I always thought the Styx was supposed to be a river deep down in underground caverns. An underground Styx as an entrance to Level 3 would be cool. And a reintroducing of Festus may well be in order. If only we could see him this tim...
by WillsOfDoom
Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:18 pm
Topic: Great Knightmare Mysteries
Replies: 85
Views: 28836

Re:Mysteries ReVisited

Exactly how many dungeoneers have trod the path? Treguard is meant to have conquered the dungeon (according to the books). And in series three, by which time there had been roughly 20 quests, Mogdred says "defy me and you will fail - like hundreds before you". The only conclusion must be that many m...
by WillsOfDoom
Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:29 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: The Descender jamming between floors.
Replies: 78
Views: 27264

Re:Stuck in a lift with...

I think both the Boatman and Brother Strange go to the same tailor. They both go for the 'scruffy cowl hiding face' look.

Do you think the boatman is meant to be Charon, the dead guy that rows souls to Hades (AKA Level 3)?
by WillsOfDoom
Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:43 pm
Topic: Favourite obstacles?
Replies: 3
Views: 2192

Re:Favourite obstacles?

Actually, I think the new one, 'Slice Me Dice Me' would be in there somewhere as well. It's a nasty piece of work.
by WillsOfDoom
Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:06 pm
Topic: Favourite obstacles?
Replies: 3
Views: 2192

Favourite obstacles?

Anyone want do a top ten of favourite dangerous rooms? Mine is here in order of excellence. 1) Corridor of Blades 2) Block and Tackle 3) Causeway (S6) 4) Mined Chamber (S2) 5) Ariadne's Lair (S4) 6) Play your Cards Right 7) Stained Glass Window Chamber (S3) 8) Transporter Pads (S4) 9) Mills of Doom ...
by WillsOfDoom
Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:53 pm
Topic: Dream Series
Views: 19441

Re:You're All Time Cast

Good question. For actual cast characters I'd take: Merlin, Lord Fear/Mogdred (either/or), Motley, Malice, Sylvester Hands, Hordriss, Mellisandra, Mrs Grimwold, Julius Scaramonger, Brother Mace, Skarkill, Elita, Lissard, Ridolfo, Morghanna For creatures I'd have: Golgarach, Oakley, Goblins (and the ...
by WillsOfDoom
Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:15 am
Forum: Series 6
Topic: Series 6 Ep 15 (The final one)
Replies: 25
Views: 18454

Re:Series 6 Ep 15 (The final one)

I think Chris was probably the most assertive dungeoneer ever. I think the team would have stood a good chance of redeeming the sword if there was time.

If only there was that vital sixteenth episode, there may have been 9 teams on the roll of honour rather than 8. Shame.