Search found 147 matches

by BBrooks
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:57 pm
Forum: Doctor Who
Topic: Series 10
Replies: 1
Views: 326

Series 10

WARNING: Contains Spoilers! My personal thoughts & views on Series 10. The Pilot. I haven't been this excited for a DW series since 2010, sometimes a hiatus is a good thing for a show, you look forward to it more when it returns and the programme-makers have longer to come up with something great. P...
by BBrooks
Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 pm
Topic: The Sixth Doctor
Replies: 23
Views: 8269

Re: The Sixth Doctor

It's just a shame that Colin never got a proper send-off, the BBC fired him and then wanted him to come back for one story just to regenerate. You can understand why he refused! "SPOILER ALERT" If you're a Whovian, then you probably already know this! Last year Big Finish Productions released a spe...
by BBrooks
Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:06 pm
Topic: Series 9
Replies: 2
Views: 1195

Series 9

This has been a turbulent year for DW, the ratings have fallen, some critics have mauled it and Jenna Coleman announced her departure. For the first time since the late 80's, is DW in trouble? It kicked off with The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar a Davros origins story (kind of), which h...
by BBrooks
Sun May 17, 2015 1:42 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Atlantis (BBC Series)
Replies: 22
Views: 12958

Re: Atlantis (BBC Series)

The second half of Season 2 was very good, the show has started to take on it's own identity and had stopped living in the shadow of it's predecessor Merlin . The acting & characters had all improved in S2 especially Hercules, you really felt for him when he lost Medusa. Sarah Parish (Pasiphae) was ...
by BBrooks
Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 pm

It's been reported that Atlantis has been axed due to falling viewing figures, BBC1 unusually stopped showing it last December midway through the current season. I'm not happy with their decision to cancel it, you've got millions of viewers who like & enjoy watching the show, but it's a small panel ...
by BBrooks
Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm
Topic: Series 8
Replies: 8
Views: 9959

Series 8

My personal thoughts/musings etc. on Series 8. Deep Breath. Like most regeneration stories, this one was set on Earth, but in Victorian London this time. I wish we could have seen more of the T-Rex, all it did was stomp around the Thames looking lost, but it's death was quite horrific and showed off...
by BBrooks
Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:40 pm

I really enjoyed this series, after a slow start it gathered momentum and was dark at times. The show had great production values, with special effects to match and the cast clearly had a lot of fun making it. Hercules (Mark Addy) started out as a drunken/clumsy oaf, but when the Medusa storyline ki...
by BBrooks
Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:32 pm
Topic: An Adventure in Space and Time
Replies: 9
Views: 2994

Re: An Adventure in Space and Time

This was marvellous, Mark Gatiss's love for the show really shone through and David Bradley was excellent. Much has been said about Hartnell being difficult and this biopic highlighted that aspect of him. But he clearly loved the show and it must have been sad for him when he was forced to leave. At...
by BBrooks
Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:44 pm
Topic: The Night of the Doctor
Replies: 13
Views: 4707

Re: The Night of the Doctor

Paul McGann's "One Night Only" status has finally been lifted and it was great to see him again. It was short, but Paul proved in those 6 minutes that he could be one of the best TV Doctor's if given a chance. Now that's he's officially canon after years of speculation, it would be silly of SM to no...
by BBrooks
Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Episode 2 was a darker affair, if they keep that up for the rest of the season, then it should get good. I'd love for the Cult & their CGI Apes to return at some point and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Medusa (Jemima Rooper). Historical accuracy was ignored yet again, but it's best to view i...
by BBrooks
Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Atlantis (BBC Series)

Is there anyone who's watching the new BBC fantasy series "Atlantis", written by the same team who created "Merlin". It follows the adventures of a modern-day Jason (Jack Donnelly), who gets transported to ancient Atlantis via a Gateway portal. Whilst there he befriends Pythagoras (Robert Emms), Her...
by BBrooks
Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:05 pm
Topic: The Sixth Doctor
Replies: 23
Views: 8269

Re: The Sixth Doctor

It's nice to see this old thread of mine being revived! :-) I still feel that Colin's sacking was unfair, though it's fair to say he got a fair crack of the whip during his era. He battled the Daleks, the Cybermen, Sontarans, The Master, The Rani and met Past & Alternative versions of himself (The S...
by BBrooks
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:19 pm
Topic: Capaldi? At last the mold is broken.
Replies: 27
Views: 7041

Re: Capaldi? At last the mold is broken.

A common complaint since the 'classic' series ended is that it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell one Doctor from the next - there are strong resemblances, it has been argued, between the eighth, ninth, tenth and eleventh Doctors, and several aspects in particular are that they have all been...
by BBrooks
Mon May 20, 2013 6:41 pm
Topic: Series 7: Part 2
Replies: 1
Views: 2519

Series 7: Part 2

My personal thoughts on Series 7: Part 2; The Bells of Saint John. The real villain in this episode was Wi-Fi, which was a great twist and made it more Fiction than Science-Fiction. I also liked the way the BBC1 Ident was tweaked to link it into the story, it's always great when TV gets creative. :-...
by BBrooks
Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: CITV documentary
Replies: 83
Views: 17457

Re: CITV documentary

The CITV Old Skool Weekend was a real treat, it was worth it just to see KM back on TV. Definitely one of the most feel-good weekends of Television ever, it brought back so many memories. Before the years up, I'd like to think that CITV could do this one more time. This time with the shows that were...