Search found 46 matches

by UnclePob
Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:25 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: computer version
Replies: 40
Views: 6821

Re: Book

Haha same here on the old commador, expecting low-fi adventure but couldn't get out of the second room ;D Could of enlisted the help of games master aka Patrick Moore I suppose... You're kidding 8-o Give the old man the food and the water (you start off with these already in your inventory), and th...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 pm
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: Online episodes
Replies: 43
Views: 16505

Re: Online episodes

"Why would Knightmare being on BBC2 prevent the show being exported to the US any more than if it were broadcast on BBC1?" How did you come to this conclusion? I never said anything of the sort. I said BBC 2 might be the more appropriate than BBC 1, for the reasons that Mystara expressed earlier in...
by UnclePob
Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 7
Replies: 62
Views: 16607

Re: Series 2 - Episode 7

What if the team were in a scripted Level 1 which absolutely hinged on being granted a spell, and the spell being granted to them by a wall monster? Just for once, the three correct answers would be vital. Since that's almost too difficult a requirement for Level 1, their chances of pulling off suc...
by UnclePob
Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 7

I wasn't sure if they gave them a Truth spell to make sure they got at least one correct, maybe being all girls the production team thought they might not be as good? (But a wall monster eating a dungenner would be cool, other than the blocker later series) I'm all but certain assumptions of that n...
by UnclePob
Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 am

Re: Series 2 - Episode 7

Hehe, just seen Akash's advisor Tania on Twitter, presumably watching their quest! She says it wasn't restarted. That's not a lot to go by, since they wouldn't have needed to literally restart the quest. In addition to the "TRUTH" spell mystery, I find it distinctly odd that the only marked door in...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Bomb rooms should be dealt with quickly and here we have Tregaurd having a rant slowing the team up.. lol The other team struggled in theirs as well, nice touch teasing them with the food. Where normally the dungeoneer needs to get from one side of the room to the other, the entry point was much cl...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Was so good to see Akash and his team again! May not have been the best team but on3 of the most entertaining! Out of interest I think the team were the only one's in Series 2 who didn't go into the wheel of fortune room to pull the lever to decide which room to start off in. I wonder why this was?...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:42 pm

I don't think there is anything to fear from the BBC. They did have Time Busters remember. But the more I think about it the current format might not work on this Saturday night family slot, someone else raised a very good point about how the show might change to suite that slot. I think BBC TWO wo...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Series 9 Cameos
Replies: 13
Views: 4904

Re: Series 9 Cameos

I understand that the advisors will see the blades via the eye shield but why can't the dungeoneer face the rear while holding the shield in front of them? That way the directions wouldn't be backwards. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you - it's been a long week :) I was thinking towards the back...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Never mind a cameo, if the corridor of blades wasn't totally in the new series, my interest would drop by 50%! I think it's safe to say the popularity and notoriety of that room pretty much guarantees that the concept will resurface as a fixture in a new series. Whether the Corridor of Blades will ...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:37 pm

You could say that about a commercial channel as well though. I don't like the idea of advertisers potentially interfering in production either, which could happen too. In the end, any channel that broadcasts the show is the 'customer' of the production team, and so any channel has the potential to...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Am I the only one terrified of the prospect of the BBC getting Knightmare? They're large and powerful, especially with the Worldwide arm (which would certainly provide easy worldwide marketing opportunities, as well as DVD releases), but I fear the BBC would try to slowly seize control over the show...
by UnclePob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:08 pm
Topic: DungeonMaster Ltd
Replies: 6
Views: 3993

Re: DungeonMaster Ltd

If you look, the endcap of the Geek Week episode states it is "A DungeonMaster production for YouTube"! Indeed it does (slaps forehead) lol :) I guess that answers the little mystery I posted about, since we now know it's related to Knightmare. As it's an actual company that's been formed, I'd have...
by UnclePob
Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:31 pm

I do like the idea of making the eyeshield an active object - exploring the ceiling is a neat touch. Not sure about the behind the back thing (wouldn't you just get the dungeoneer to turn around?) but the backwards directions is fun. Present the advisors with a flip of the actual image and watch th...
by UnclePob
Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:42 am

I wasn't suggesting that being cutting edge was the reason KM was popular (though it helped it stand out) but rather that Tim Child, who has been described as an innovator (by Dave Morris, possibly others), probably wouldn't shy away from a new method of distribution even if unproven. Seems I misun...