Search found 167 matches

by Dan
Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:16 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 5
Replies: 59
Views: 38729

Re:Series 3 Episode 5

Moana Liza wrote:Also I was hoping that Leo's lifeforce didn't runout before Merlin finished spellcasting. ::)
You can see why he was mostly given "VIM" and "ERG" in the future ;-)
by Dan
Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:45 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 5
Replies: 59
Views: 38729

Re:Series 3 Episode 5

I liked when Leo did a dance to invoke the first step! Did you notice how he very nearly stepped off the edge, but the step appeared just in time? That bit's the best step invocation in the entire series in my opinion. It's just such a great improvised dance :) Scary noise in the L2 red tunnel! The...
by Dan
Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:43 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 3
Replies: 46
Views: 38067

Re:Series 3 episode 3

What I mean is no team is expected to dispell magic that they cast on an ememy! Well, I think I know what you mean, but that definition isn't valid either because of the ANVIL-type spells in earlier (and later) series; however, in those cases it was pretty obvious (and hints had been given anyway) ...
by Dan
Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:05 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 3
Replies: 46
Views: 38067

Re:Series 3 episode 3

it didn't even cross the teams mind to dispell as they guided the dungeoneer out and I don't think that sort of thing was repeated in Knightmare. It does; one team dis-spell TOAD, cast on McGrew by an incognito Mogdred. I believe that he later helps by pushing them in the mine cart, so without them...
by Dan
Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:59 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Rooms in more than one series?
Replies: 11
Views: 4803

Re:Rooms in more than one series?

I think it was the penultimate team because the final team didn't encounter all of the Vale of Vanburn. (I wonder if it was cut to make time.) Martin's team were the penultimate one, and they met an imprisoned Velda in that room, whom they set free with a key from the clue room. No spidey. The fina...
by Dan
Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:26 pm

Pendragon wrote: Ariadne's layer from series 2
...was changed quite a bit since in series 3 it becomes the entrance to the Vale of Vanburn, and Ariadne is no longer there.

(By the way, it's "lair", not layer - this needs correcting throughout the series guide, too...)
by Dan
Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:12 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 7
Replies: 63
Views: 42640

Re:Series 2 - Episode 7

Apart from in series 6, this was the only episode to start afresh with a new team There are eight others - the first episodes of each series. ;-) As has been said elsewhere, I think Akash was actually a good dungeoneer - his banter with the troll is quite funny, and a lot better interaction than so...
by Dan
Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:19 pm

Block and Tackle I know this appeared in Series 5, but I really do think it counts as a major change rather than a minor one - there were no moving blocks, nor was there a disappearing floor :) As for any others... The rooms with the gargoyles in The room with the catacombite in (s1t6 and s2t4) The...
by Dan
Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:23 pm
Topic: Does anyone know?
Replies: 15
Views: 7991

Re:Does anyone know?

Harvey Towers wrote:maybe some member more technical than I would be obliaging and put in a link to them
Tada:

by Dan
Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:27 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 2
Replies: 41
Views: 28048

Re:S2 - Team 2 (Death)

I'd have liked to do it at 384 by 288, but for some reason the card refused to capture at that resolution without dropping 40-50% of the frames :( Still, it's in colour, and is slightly higher quality than Neil's. Looks fine and groovy to me; quite a spooky death, that one. Don't suppose you (or an...
by Dan
Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:21 am
Topic: Dunshelm
Replies: 19
Views: 8092

Re:Was 'Dun' overused?

Pendragon wrote: Dun means something in either in Pictish or Gaelic, I used to know but can't remember, maybe I can ask a Proff about it.
You're quite right; it means "fort".
by Dan
Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:18 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Series 1 Episode 4
Replies: 30
Views: 21921

Re:Series 1 Team 3 Death

Pendragon wrote: What was it exactly that killed Simon; the Darkness or Gibbet?
It was making the wrong decision. They should've spellcast ANVIL (which indeed the spellcaster started to do, but was overruled) but instead dis-spelled LANTERN, which wouldn't have stopped Gibbet clonking him on the head. :)
by Dan
Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:39 pm
Topic: Difficulty rating
Replies: 14
Views: 3515

Re:Difficulty rating

The team I really feel sorry for in those terms is Giles' team from S4. Agreed, and I strongly suspect Giles and team would've won given sufficient time for their quest. The only stumbling block would've possibly been Dooreen, where you apparently needed 3 out of 3 answers to proceed. They'd done a...
by Dan
Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:40 pm
Topic: Best Series
Replies: 57
Views: 35925

Re:Which Series is best??

The reason why that seems to be the case is because there were no consistent quest killers in season 3. Indeed; and a lot of deaths were caused by dungeoneers simply walking off the path whilst they could still technically win. Teams 1, 3, 5 and 6 (and also 9, although this was mostly caused by mis...
by Dan
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:01 pm
Topic: Re:Encodeing knightmare to divx
Replies: 7
Views: 1815

Re:Encodeing knightmare to divx

I thought is would be ok as its an old 80's show its not like its a new blockbuster film I just wanted other people to enjoy the show who dont have sky tv. Unfortunately, it's still illegal. The problem is that people take these recordings, burn them to CD/DVD, and then attempt to profit by selling...