Search found 167 matches

by Dan
Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:29 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The KM Top 10 of Everything
Replies: 46
Views: 10358

Re: The KM Top 10 of Everything

1. End of Series 4. - Specifically, the Christmas scene. I just can't watch it.  
Agreed... which is a shame, because this episode and in particular the last 5 minutes or so BEFORE the christmassy bit is just about the best part of Series 4 ;-)
by Dan
Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:35 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 6
Replies: 45
Views: 28530

Re: Series 5 Episode 6

Also all the deaths this season seem to be accompanied by 2 dongs of the bell.  In the last season there was either 1 or none. I _think_ that towards the end of series 1 and throughout series 2, it was usual to have two tolls of the bell, one as the life force was just running out, and another as i...
by Dan
Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:10 pm
Topic: Series 5
Replies: 39
Views: 16934

Re: Series 5

can't remember if they go out side in level 3 Winteria? (more spoiler space even though GG has a spoiler warning at the very top anyway) With only two teams getting to level 3 this series, and it being a completely different style of level 3 each time, it's difficult to really get a sense of there ...
by Dan
Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:04 pm
Topic: Series 5 Episode 5
Replies: 20
Views: 14332

Re: Series 5 Episode 5

Not a hugely interesting episode, in my opinion. [...] I expect the cutting room floor was filled with footage of their slow decision-making that had to be cut in order to stop viewers falling asleep. We want series 2! ;-) I'd be interested to see what order people would've gone for if Challenge? h...
by Dan
Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:58 pm
Topic: Series 5 Episode 4
Replies: 22
Views: 14989

Re: Series 5 Episode 4

Still thats what will get them in the end (no spoilers this time please)
How, by any stretch of the imagination, is that very sentence not a spoiler?
by Dan
Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:45 am
Topic: Dungeoneer
Replies: 32
Views: 8930

Re: Removing the helmet

That kind of writing (in general) is often used when it is obvious what has happened/is happening, but it is not obvious here.
I think it's an indication that the reader should use his or her imagination, rather than being left out because it's obvious.
by Dan
Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:41 pm
Topic: Series 5 - Episode 3
Replies: 38
Views: 24643

Re: IRe: Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of

I added the Spoilers in the titles as requested so feel free to put in spoilers. Looking forward to next ep
You might want to change it just to say 'spoilers for later episodes' since there's one for team 6 just above your post too ;-)
by Dan
Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:11 pm
Topic: Series 5 - Episode 3
Replies: 38
Views: 24643

Re: Series 5 Episode 3

Causeways are one of the places where it's much better if you can guide your dungeoneer by degrees or clock points (like the winning team in Series 6) rather than shuffling about and spazzing. ...with bonus points for not managing to pick up the causeway combination, and getting it right by sheer g...
by Dan
Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:44 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Real Names
Views: 14899

Re: Real Names

Montgomery Humperdink?
...damn you!
by Dan
Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:34 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Real Names
Views: 14899

Re: Real Names

I'm not telling you my real name.  You'll just have to guess.
by Dan
Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:28 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Martin
Replies: 69
Views: 28360

Re: Team 11, Series 3 (I think)

...D'oh and I thought that Stag was a kind of dear or even something to do with weddings! I also wondered if he got a bit dizzy when he was on spin dizzy with the pineapple. I probably would've been!
Well, he does say "right - let's get off this thing" ;-)
by Dan
Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:02 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Leo and Martin
Replies: 6
Views: 3403

Re: Series 3 - Leo and Martin

...should he have chosen the correct path, and been allowed to continue...to let the team encounter this final foe Yes, it would've been good to see a "final showdown" with Mogdred; I haven't seen series two since it was first broadcast, so I can't remember fully, but I don't think there was ever a...
by Dan
Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:26 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Leo and Martin
Replies: 6
Views: 3403

Re: Series 3 - Leo and Martin

It sounds rather inflicting to suggest that on many an occasion, the room lying behind both doors would be the same - it's a possibility for sure. I think the same room was behind the right- and left- paths more often than not.  Only in cases where there was some clue as to which door to take (the ...
by Dan
Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:31 pm
Topic: Self-contained levels
Replies: 5
Views: 1951

Re: Self-contained levels

Yeah, but it's just the name of the item.  That's a pretty trivial thing to substitute in, and it's there in the room - not much difficult to say "ah, you have found my key" or "ah, you have found my gem" or "ah, you have found my bracelet".
by Dan
Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:39 am
Topic: Funny Guides/Dungeoneers
Replies: 17
Views: 4586

Re: Funny Guides/Dungeoneers

Search engines are wonderful things, eh? ;D ;)
Ooooooh, you cynic!  ::)

I must have missed bits of series 7 and 8.  I definitely saw one team die on Play Your Cards Right, but I've no memory of the brollachan.  Hopefully Challenge will get there before too long...