Search found 167 matches

by Dan
Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:36 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Funny Guides/Dungeoneers
Replies: 17
Views: 7540

Re: Funny Guides/Dungeoneers

Actually, she asked for the name of what the Romans called Colchester. I think their name for it was pretty much the same. They called it "Camulodunum", from the original Celtic Camulodunon.  Which I think is a pretty darned mean difficult question to ask a team ;-)  So it's good that they could ge...
by Dan
Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:04 pm
Topic: Teams with related members?
Replies: 16
Views: 8368

Re: Teams with related members?

I don't think you are, I'm afraid. I can't remember what Tim's surname is but it isn't Hess. D i cken and Dominic, not Tim. ;-) Their surnames are indeed both Hess; Tim's surname is Herbert. Edit: Um, actually, I'm confused as to who you're replying to.  In the absence of a quote, it looks like you...
by Dan
Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:55 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: The Floating Skull is MAD at you, Challenge? TV!!!
Replies: 29
Views: 16177

Re: The Floating Skull is MAD at you, Challenge? T

More to the point, Challenge? has been the only channel in recent years that has shown Knightmare at all.  I really don't think you should be cursing them when, thanks to them, you've had a chance to see more than a quarter of all the shows.

Be nice to them, and we may get to see more. :-)
by Dan
Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:50 pm
Topic: Dungeons that only made one appearence
Replies: 63
Views: 38293

Re: Dungeons that only made one appearence

The corridor I was thinking of was from either series 1 or 2 and had what i can only describe as a big ball swinging to and fro. This one? http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/series/2/71.jpg If so, then yes, according to the series guide at least, this room was only used once in Knightmare, on Serie...
by Dan
Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:17 pm
Topic: Does anyone know which team died quickest of all?
Replies: 13
Views: 7485

Re: Does anyone know which team died quickest of a

That page is also full of simply wrong information - incorrect names and details, etc.  I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.  ;-) There's a single episode in series 1 that features two teams dying.  Makes a change from series 4 where you were pretty much guaranteed to get a full episode o...
by Dan
Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:11 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 9
Replies: 60
Views: 47564

Re: Series 3 Kellys team death controversy!

I am not deaf mate, my hearing is perfect so please dont tell me what he said because i know... And does it actually matter what spell they used? I think he was just typing it in caps because that how spells are traditionally written.  And as to whether it matters what spell you use or not, ask Hel...
by Dan
Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:07 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 9
Replies: 60
Views: 47564

Re: Series 3 Kellys team death controversy!

I think they were meant to take the crayon. I agree, and I think Tim from Dicken's (winning) team summed it up properly when their team had to decide which objects to take from Oakley, with one of the choices being gold - "I think the gold's just greed". It's a bit like the "don't handle the weapon...
by Dan
Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:17 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: Essex meet-up
Replies: 46
Views: 24779

Re: Essex meet-up

don't say norwich because i know i will end up with 10 people on my floor (and in my bed and on the sofas and in the bath...) /me lives in norwich (duh) Which order will you fill them up in, though? :-) I could be either miles away or very close depending on when this meet-up is scheduled... ah, th...
by Dan
Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:02 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 Episode 10
Replies: 47
Views: 38273

Re: Today's riddles (13/7/03)

No the spell was for the block and takle thing. After they died they where told magic would have got them past BUT they didn't win any. If you forget about what Treguard actually said and think about the rest of the series, it was very linear in nature.  The quests themselves didn't have much diffe...
by Dan
Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:50 pm
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: I'm gonna meet a Dungoneer!
Replies: 12
Views: 8885

Re: I'm gonna meet a Dungoneer!

Ah, Avebury - home to that biggish stone circle that caused poor Leo to go tumbling to his death in Series 3 because he didn't know about them. ;-)

They're fun to wander around.
by Dan
Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:35 pm
Topic: Series 4 Episode 7
Replies: 48
Views: 38859

Re: My editorial on recent episodes

They would've been killed off no matter what they did.  From the second they got Merlin's question wrong they were going to be killed by Ariadne - there's no cheating death by running, in much the same way as Martin in series 3 couldn't have just run quickly out of the stained glass window room when...
by Dan
Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:04 pm
Topic: Series 3 v Series 4 Comparison - Level 1
Replies: 13
Views: 8511

Re: Series 3 v Series 4 Comparison - Level 1

Oh heck.. shoot me in advance. I might have to disagree. I'm going to be a horror - I think S3 is better than S4 in just about every respect. I agree. ;-) I much preferred the earlier series, where you were in peril right from the start, and it wasn't a given that you'd survive past level 1.  It ma...
by Dan
Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:46 pm
Topic: Sight potions/spells: were they essential?
Replies: 5
Views: 3051

Re: Teams 'missing something' and surviving

There were a couple of teams in series 3 who took the wrong door - the team who took the right-hand door in the dice room at the start instead of the door with the shield above it; and the team who jumped off the spindizzy at the wrong moment. Both these teams were punished with additional puzzles (...
by Dan
Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:43 pm
Topic: Easter Eggs
Replies: 7
Views: 4935

Re: Easter Eggs

This is a more common tradition in america though.
Is it?  I always thought it was a rather british tradition.
by Dan
Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:56 pm
Topic: Martin
Replies: 69
Views: 41420

Re: Martin

I think Martin was the best dungeoneer in Series 3 (although I can't find the tape that I have the Leo episodes on, so I don't recall as well how good he was).  Why?  Because he said this line, to his advisors: "Stop whispering - I can't hear you". I always wondered why the advisors whispered quietl...