Search found 1028 matches

by Pooka
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:25 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Chat.
Replies: 2
Views: 2232

Re: Chat.

As far as I'm aware (and I don't think I'm mistaken), Tim Child has only visited Knightmare Chat once, during series 1 of the RPG.

There's a log of the game, including conversation with Tim, here.
by Pooka
Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:23 pm
Topic: Knightmare Top Trumps?
Replies: 11
Views: 9752

Re: Knightmare Top Trumps?

I've had a look for my issues of TQ (I do at least have the first half), but - alas - I can't find them. I suspect they may have been lost in three house moves.

I'll have another look and scan them if I can find the issue.
by Pooka
Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 pm
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: Edmund Dehn on stage: Don't Look Too Deep
Replies: 0
Views: 1684

Edmund Dehn on stage: Don't Look Too Deep

If you're in London and want to see Edmund Dehn on stage this Wednesday, then he has a small part in a new play called Don't Look Too Deep.

There's a flyer here if you're interested.
by Pooka
Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 pm
Topic: Phrases used in Knightmare
Replies: 18
Views: 10072

Re: Phrases used in Knightmare

is root and fern a phrase used by elves to show surprise and shock or is it an elf version of swearing? I think that the phrase used by Pickle is "rook and fen!" - a rook is a scavenging bird similar to a crow, and a fen is a type of wetland; there are some famous ones in the East of England. I thi...
by Pooka
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:12 pm
Topic: Phrases used in Knightmare
Replies: 18
Views: 10072

Re: Phrases used in Knightmare

I'm going to transliterate "acram" /ækræm/ with a C rather than a K, as I think that has more possibilities in Latin. "Vici" on its own is "overcome" in Latin (as in "victory", I assume) and "Acram" is "acre". I believe that perhaps "acram vici" is some sort of dog-Latin for "a large amount/scale of...
by Pooka
Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: The Olden Days podcast
Replies: 60
Views: 31906

Re: The Olden Days podcast

Canadanne wrote:How strange that you were shown the videos without all the accompanying exercises!
This is what happened to me too. We watched TTDE in Year 3 and did follow-up work, but no official exercises. I suppose it's up to the teacher what the students do with Look and Read series.
by Pooka
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 pm
Topic: The Olden Days podcast
Replies: 60
Views: 31906

Re: The Olden Days podcast

I have the accompanying storybook and there aren't any pomegranates in that either.
by Pooka
Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:29 pm
Topic: Autobiography of Tim Child?????????
Replies: 2
Views: 1877

Re: Autobiography of Tim Child?????????

There isn't one, but there's a History of Knightmare on the website, which may answer some of your questions!
by Pooka
Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:53 pm
Topic: Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?
Replies: 3
Views: 2346

Re: Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?

2 I'm unsure if its legal to watch Knightmare on it. [I'm in enough trouble as it is.] If you've recorded something off the TV by whatever means, then it's legal to watch it. It's basically the same as recording something with a VHS back in the '90s. 3 I don't have Challenge on my freeview package....
by Pooka
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:23 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: Knightmare Quote in Challenge Idents
Replies: 1
Views: 1786

Re: Knightmare Quote in Challenge Idents

And another one just now - "Watch now, you armchair adventurers!"
by Pooka
Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:57 pm
Topic: Gaming
Replies: 4
Views: 3035

Re: Gaming

You can get to the chat room here!
by Pooka
Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:32 pm
Topic: Knightmare Convention 2016/17?
Replies: 28
Views: 14029

Re: Knightmare Convention 2016/17?

Picklemyfav wrote:Did people get blindfolded before having the helmet put on them while playing the game?
Nope; remember, the dungeoneers were still able to see objects directly beneath them!
by Pooka
Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:24 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: Knightmare Quote in Challenge Idents
Replies: 1
Views: 1786

Knightmare Quote in Challenge Idents

Has anyone seen the new(ish?) Challenge idents that flash up in between adverts and programme blocks? I noticed them today (after getting my TV working for the first time in years), consisting of an array of well-known quotes from classic game shows - "you can't beat a bit of Bully" from Bullseye , ...
by Pooka
Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:12 pm
Topic: Knightmare Convention 2016/17?
Replies: 28
Views: 14029

Re: Knightmare Convention 2016/17?

Picklemyfav wrote:The last time [and first time] I walked into a Knightmare convention [by total accident] there were things on a list and you had to tick one of them off to get in.
Are you sure this happened? ;)
by Pooka
Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:33 pm
Topic: ROBOT WARS
Replies: 9
Views: 9457

Re: ROBOT WARS

Well, I just watched the grand final and it was exhilarating, with a worthy winner.

I seriously hope it gets picked up for another series: it's good, no-nonsense telly.