Search found 44 matches

by Aldarion
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Legal Knightmare DVDs
Replies: 256
Views: 130764

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

But, for gord's sake, "cloud computing" is an intolerable infringement of privacy!!
by Aldarion
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:36 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 11
Replies: 38
Views: 26768

Re: Series 3 - Episode 11

All the teams in episodes 9 - 11 were really slow-witted and dumb weren't they! Failing to get the Orc question pissed me off almost as much as failing to grasp what the trapdoor was for. At least this has one of the great "weird" rooms - the squares obstructing the view. "She's in a bit of a mood" ...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is Knightmare "officially" the most underrated TV show ?
Replies: 14
Views: 8496

Re: Is Knightmare "officially" the most underrated TV show ?

With websites like this and the RPG one, it can't be underrated!

Most underrated kids TV program of all time - if you ask me - Gilbert's Fridge! (Hmm, pity I didn't think of using "Marmaduke Smarmy" as my handle).
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Legal Knightmare DVDs
Replies: 256
Views: 130764

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Absolutely in favour. But you've brought up an issue that I need to rant about. Those people who say "DVD's dead - it's all going digital" are forgetting something - digital copies of audio/video things have to be kept either on a PC or a recordable disc - both of which have a lifespan of very few y...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:35 pm
Topic: Are Pookas really that evil?
Replies: 12
Views: 5933

Re: Are Pookas really that evil?

We've gotten this far talking about pookas, and no-one's mentioned
"a benign but Miss-CHIVVY-us creature - very fond of rumpots, crackpots and how are you Mr Wilson?" (!)
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:29 pm
Topic: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?
Replies: 54
Views: 31698

Re: When Did Knightmare

I don't think it deteriorated (not that I've watched much of the later episodes on YouTube so far) - it just changed. In some ways it became more difficult in the later series - more information to retain and sift - though for some reason they don't register in the mind as "impossible" the same way ...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:25 pm
Topic: Who was the sexiest female dungeoneer/advisor?
Replies: 22
Views: 10273

Re: Who was the sexiest female dungeoneer/advisor?

No comment - except I still can't believe they allowed this thread. (at least, in light of certain remarks made by the moderators)
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:19 pm
Topic: Mrs Grimwold and her hubby
Replies: 19
Views: 8104

Re: Mrs Grimwold and her hubby

The "official" backstory notwithstanding, I imagine she was a submissive in a BDSM-based relationship, or a captured sex slave who'd become brainwashed and completely servile to her master. Who knows what unsuitable-for-CITV thoughts entered the minds of the scriptwriters when they dreamt that coupl...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:14 pm
Topic: Create-a-danger!
Replies: 24
Views: 9626

Re: Create-a-danger!

CREATURES I haven't got the software to draw and animate it, but if they were going to introduce another set of "stalker" characters (in the goblins/miremen tradition), how about giant katydid-type insects - along the lines of the kidnappers in Edward Gorey's "Insect God". And staying with insects -...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 pm
Topic: Knightmare Stereotypes
Replies: 26
Views: 8929

Re: Knightmare Stereotypes

Ah Wok.
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Topic: Is it me or is Mellisandre Cute?
Replies: 31
Views: 13079

Re: Is it me or is Mellisandre Cute?

i think a lot of mellisandre's cute appeal was the damsel in distress thing.  she had post-coital ruffled hair and was often in stocks or in a position where she was submissive. hehe, medieval damsel in distress and bondage, all things i am expert at. Quite - it's her annoying condescending tone of...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:47 pm
Topic: FALSEHOOD!!
Replies: 19
Views: 7271

Re: FALSEHOOD!!

I think Falsehood is a legitimate word, actually. (And it doesn't mean inefficiently manufactured cowl). BTW: In the first Book, the Wall Monster definitely had the capacity to feed on you. Pity we never saw that onscreen - then again, the animation would probably be just as disappointingly non-grue...
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:44 pm
Topic: DISMISS versus UNITE
Replies: 11
Views: 5073

Re: DISMISS versus UNITE

I think we all prefer the "spellcasting" gimmick.

Just to get in an off-topic remark: in my "X-Rated Adult Knightmare" idea that I'm not allowed to print, no sooner has the "quest" begun than the Treguard-figure spellcasts D.I.S..R.O.B.E!
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:34 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 6
Replies: 51
Views: 34338

Re: Series 2, team 5

Re: the above post.

My attempts at humour are falling flat elsewhere on this board. For the record, I do know how they failed in that particular room - but I wanted to include the Cat abbreviation and the related joke.
by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:22 pm
Topic: Classic question: Favourite Team Death?
Replies: 70
Views: 28486

Re: Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Top 5 5. Miremen kill (series 5) 4. Grimwold kills (series 3) 3. Ariadne (series 2) 2. Fall off cliff (series 3) - nassty, and so sudden and unexpected! 1. Play forever (series 2) - escape the Cat, and then you're brought to an abrupt halt? it's not fair! Slip of the digits - 5 is directly under 8 ...