Search found 44 matches

by Aldarion
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:03 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: TAPE PIRACY
Replies: 250
Views: 114542

Re: Re:TAPE PIRACY

To be quite honest, the argument is long over. The chances of a commercial release of KM DVDs are zero, it would have happened by now. A few people buying illegitimate copies has not caused this. Whilst watching, recording and buying knock-off copies is illegal, so is recording songs from the radio...
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:41 pm
Forum: Series 6
Topic: Series 6 Episode 13
Replies: 57
Views: 36184

Re: Re:Series 6 Episode 13 - slightly O/T

As some might have noticed, I have had the audacity to clock up 1000 posts on this forum. In acknowledgement (maybe even in celebration) of that, & gratefully inspired by what Billy did here , this millennial post contains '39 , no, sorry, 41 titles of songs by a popular band whose name has a conne...
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:29 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 10
Replies: 59
Views: 35276

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 10

Tom41, it's the 6-8 logo, not the 5-8 logo ;) A great moment today where Mogdred was disguised as Cedric- bet no one sar that coming! And the animation of the pendulum room was great, although it's difficult to see how they would have handled it if a dungeoneer had charged right in front of it. Pos...
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:27 pm
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 14
Replies: 38
Views: 24672

Re: Series 2 - Episode 14

Did they know it was empty? Surely they saw the prev. quest and thought it was another jar of "humming bugs" to repel an opponent. Even in 1988 I knew she was saying "humm-bugs" using the same tone of voice with which bad actresses say "A Haanndd-bag!" I liked that, even as I braced myself for a pos...
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:23 pm
Topic: Re:Series 2 - Episode 13
Replies: 38
Views: 24547

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 13

For those who are familiar with John Betjeman's poetic reference to friendly bombs , this quest surely features one. Slow-burning fuses are one thing, but the light on Anthony's bomb actually dances back down the fuse over a dozen times, giving it all the menace of a novelty candle. This 'Hokey-Cok...
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:21 pm
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 7
Replies: 62
Views: 39516

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 7

HStorm - you've got too much time on your hands if you worry about the resemblance of an imaginary frog-like monster to a Parkinson's sufferer.

And "Oh My God" might ruffle feathers on American kids TV but in Britain most people grew out of religion long ago.
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 pm
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 3
Replies: 43
Views: 26326

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 3

Moana Liza wrote:(Tom, I hope no one here gets stoned looking at your graphic ;D)
I think "everybody must have got stoned" - 'cause I can't get the file to open
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:13 pm
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 11
Replies: 62
Views: 41451

Re: Series 2, Team 9

Correct me if, but dIdn't Mr Stahl say that he wasn't supposed to kill anyone as the Automatum and got in quite a panic when he hit someone on the helmet "by accident"?
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 6
Replies: 51
Views: 35269

Re: Series 2, team 5

But did we ever see that room again? Maybe we were supposed to intepret it as a trap he'd specifically set for the losing team, having guessed that they'd have enough famous body swerve to get past the "Cat"!
by Aldarion
Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 15
Replies: 37
Views: 26453

Re: Series 2, Team 12: died how, exactly?

Re: the Ariadne scene I remember thinking at the time (1988) - when he was told to whistle or sing, what would have happened if he'd taunted Ariadne by whistling "there was an old lady who swallowed a fly..." (you'll recall, she then swallowed a spider). Would the animators have had a hissy fit and ...
by Aldarion
Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm
Forum: Website Feedback
Topic: Censorship
Replies: 2
Views: 2952

Censorship

Pity I can't put my X-rated Knightmare Video idea here, innit!
by Aldarion
Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 pm
Topic: Classic question: Favourite Team Death?
Replies: 70
Views: 29061

Re: Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Top 5

5. Miremen kill (series 5)
4. Grimwold kills (series 3)
3. Ariadne (series 2)
2. Fall off cliff (series 3) - nassty, and so sudden and unexpected!
1. Play forever (series 2) - escape the Cat, and then you're brought to an abrupt halt? it's not fair!
by Aldarion
Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:21 pm
Topic: What ever happend to those cavernwrights?
Replies: 24
Views: 7177

Re: What ever happend to those cavernwrights?

I remember reading somewhere that a cavernwight turned up in a music video a few years back - anyone know of this?
by Aldarion
Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:16 pm
Topic: Scariest Monsters
Replies: 157
Views: 42359

Re: Scariest Monsters

Greetings... The simplest way to freak people out (however old they are) is to sneak up on them - and until I discovered this site, my memories of Knightmare were mainly of its "stalkers". (How odd that the Automatum was only in one series: he, along with the skulls and later stormgeists, summed up ...