Search found 46 matches

by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Where an i?
Replies: 15
Views: 7837

Re: Where an i?

"You're in a chamber" isn't helpful - "chamber" isn't a word most people would naturally use! If it's a corridor/cave/clearing/etc, that's a different matter *to an extent*, but how much does it matter? All the dungeoneer really needs to know immediately on entering a new area is (1) where to go, (...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm sure I remember one dungeoneer saying something like "What sort of room am I in?", which was a good way of avoiding the same old response! Can't remember who it was now. I'm sure Barry from series 7 said that! Just trying to think what room he said it in though. You're right, Barry asked " What...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 pm
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: The new KM episode is up!
Replies: 180
Views: 99438

Re: The new KM episode is up!

Just so we can settle this "Did-Isy-drop-the-F-bomb?" argument, please go to this link . I've extracted the sound from the Slice-Me-Dice-Me scene where people think she swore, and I've boosted the volume and treble on the 'offending' word. It is quite clear that she says, "Heck". I can't make out h...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 pm
Topic: knightmare on youtube
Replies: 43
Views: 24938

Re: knightmare on youtube

I mean if by watching episodes of Knightmare repeatedly for the last year on YouTube I apologise if that is stiffing you, and everyone, but is that something that can be avoided in this day and age? Would it have made a difference if I didn't click on the videos and watched them? Is not watching Kn...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:49 am
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Knightmare MMORPG
Replies: 1
Views: 4841

Re: Knightmare MMORPG

I too would like to see a Knightmare online RPG of some sort :) I'm not quite buying the MMO route though, I simply can't imagine how that would work and how true to Knightmare you'd be able to keep it. Bear in mind that the TV series had essentially Treguard, his assistant, Lord Fear, the Dungeonee...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:31 am
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Legal Knightmare DVDs
Replies: 256
Views: 127660

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Posting in another thread made me realise this: We've, as a fanbase, made several attempts to get Knightmare onto DVD. This hasn't ever come to fruition because it's a massively risky and expensive prospect that needs lots of backing that it seems we're never quite able to provide. The thing is, in ...
by UnclePob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 am
Topic: knightmare on youtube
Replies: 43
Views: 24938

Re: knightmare on youtube

My perspective on the episode uploads on YouTube was always 'enjoy it while it lasts'. I'd never have guessed that their eventual removal would be prompted by an official new Knightmare episode from YouTube itself! Legal or not, their removal is a loss to the fandom (especially since the comments h...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 pm
Topic: Gap since last series
Replies: 5
Views: 4299

Re: The new KM episode is up!

I didn't really like the explanation for the 20 year gap. It just suggest nobody turned up and Tregaurd just fell asleep waiting, and they they just carry on as normal. Would have been better of the portals had just been closed/locked instead. I guess it kinda suggests Fear has had free rain of the...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 pm
Topic: computer version
Replies: 40
Views: 19280

Re: Book

Ever played this version? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0d3vYNVWw8 I played that on my Atari ST back in the day. I also played the original game on my Amstrad CPC. Both were completely different to each other, made by completely different developers, and neither had a great deal to do with the TV...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm
Topic: props
Replies: 20
Views: 14543

Re: props

Those FrightKnight trophies were given away as prizes for mastering the dungeon for some seasons weren't they. I wonder if that one was simply a spare or a prop that was used during the production of the series. I'd very much hope a winner hasn't given-up possession of such a prized artefact. There ...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:42 pm
Topic: What do we call Knightmare Fans?
Replies: 20
Views: 10520

Re: What do we call Knightmare Fans?

The trouble with "Watchers" is that it referred to the entire audience, and not everyone who watches Knightmare would consider themself a member of the fandom. Like, I watch Doctor Who and Star Trek and enjoy them, but I'm not the sort of hardcore fan that you might call a Whovian or a Trekker/Trek...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:26 pm

In some respects the points raised here are one of the reasons I absolutely hated the massive overhaul the dungeon received between Series 3 and 4. While the " You're in a room " routine had gotten old as early as the middle of Series 1, I had always envisioned the day when the advisers would be abl...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 pm
Topic: ITV Anglia news item
Replies: 10
Views: 6879

Re: Article in Norwich Evening News

The misleading aspect is that it says, "Knightmare is *also* being reprised for a one-off internet show as part of Google's geek week." It's not necessarily misleading. It could be entirely accurate. Indeed that's certainly possible, I'd like to hope in any case. I have a hunch that a possible KM r...
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Topic: Trailer!
Views: 10510

Re: Trailer!

"You are not authorised to read this forum."

No idea why I'm getting that message, is it because I'm new or is it a problem for others as well? That same message appears when I click the link Mystara posted.
by UnclePob
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 am
Topic: Trailer!
Views: 10510

Re: Trailer!

Just seen a tweet from Stuart Ashen saying that they had to remake the life force clock because the old one had visual errors and they didn't want to use the skeleton or the pie ;D I'd seen the life force clock within the actual episode, but browsing around Youtube uncovered this interesting little...