Short episodes

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Short episodes

Post by Dunshelm »

I am currently enjoying season 4 on challenge. Albeit, Alistair's advisors all shout and once and if i hear another 'can one of you speak at once' i will go mad!
Despite the unearthly hour I have to stay up for to watch it (benefits from the challenge logo not changing later to tell you whats on next), I feel the episodes are very short. Hardly anything happened in the last one. Why was this?
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Short episodes

Post by Emii »

Probably because Advisors and dungeoneers are not scripted, and they cannot be forced to do exciting stuff :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

When I watch TV in the small hours I always find that it seems to pass more quickly. It's not that the programmes are shorter, just that alertness is probably down. It's just symptoms of tiredness.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Yeah I find that too, also some episodes go a bit slowly, it's just fact.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I don't know if it's just me, but I find that if the whole episode consisted of just one or characters beside the antichamber ones, it was basically only in a couple of rooms that don't have much action in and there was only one quest or two quests in level one only then it seems to be shorter. Also series 4 was quite repetative so it didn't seem to last as long as other series' i.e. series 3 and also some episodes were slightly longer than others.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, for me some episodes do seem remarkably short. Those are not generally episodes from Series 4, however, which tend to drag for me, because I don't enjoy them as much as other Series, on the whole.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Yeah, when I watch KM everyday on Challenge then the episodes seemed fairly long but, then when they changed it to once in 2 days the eps seemed shorter. Natural I suppose
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i found it quite amusing when alistair eventually stessed out at them look at the welleway for level 1 they all scrreamed at hima nd he hadnt a clue what they were saying tio him!!
knightmaredave
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I'm pretty sure that when he was going down the well, he said (amongst the advisors' shouting) "I can't go any faster", or did I think I heard him say that?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Crispeater
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispeater »

What I think's rather a good sound effect is that the frantic screams of the advisors are heard echoing away as Alistair falls down the wellway.

They were an extremely excitable lot and, even allowing for the fact that they would never have seen it before (being the guinea pigs, as it were) they never stood a chance in the corridor of blades.  Bit like the second team in another series ;)

Chris
"I've got my horn out." "Oh my god, Daniel!"