How would you have fared in Knightmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

How would you have fared in Knightmare?

Post by 123Pooka »

If you had the chance, to make up a team and could enter into any series you wanted to, which series would it be? Would you dare the perilous difficulties of series 3? The dangerous causeways of series 5 and 6? Would you brave your fears of mogdred and take him on in series 2? Or would you rather dodge snapdragons in series 8?

And how far do you think you would get in this series, depending on how well you would work as a team as well?
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:How would you have fared in Knightmare?

Post by Malefact »

I would probably want to have a bash at series 1 or 3 because no-one won in those two.

As an 11-15 year old, I might be able to make level two, providing my teammates were good at riddles (I've never been too good at them myself, mainly because my general knowledge is poor). These days, I may be able to get to level three.
Subject to change.
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

123Pooka wrote: If you had the chance, to make up a team and could enter into any series you wanted to, which series would it be? Would you dare the perilous difficulties of series 3? The dangerous causeways of series 5 and 6? Would you brave your fears of mogdred and take him on in series 2? Or would you rather dodge snapdragons in series 8?

And how far do you think you would get in this series, depending on how well you would work as a team as well?
Reckon i would of done better in later series but i once did not understand why people would pick up stupid things now i woul fair better.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I'd like to take part in series 3, it was fun and difficult and the best one to watch. I'd probably be a dungeoneer as it'd be fun to do the movement and interaction.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Providing I was a little compotent at dexterity, I would have probably made it to Merlin, where my team and I would get only 1 out of 2, then feel disconsolate as death was on the way.

That or I'd run out of life force in the first room with the dice.

Treguard: "Well, you know what they say, take a CHANCE"
Me: "Wonder what that beardy bloke means by that..?"
Treguard: "Roll the dice! the DICE!"
Me: "Where? Why?"

And general incompotence would make me fall off the spindizzy on the first room in series 4...not that it stopped others nearly/actualy doing that and surviving.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

I'd have done great, though I'd probably have been scuppered by trying to be clever in some of the key obstacles.

Like in The Corridor Of Blades - why didn't they just lie down on the floor? There was enough clearance for the blades to go whizzing over them without a scratch.

Also, on the Timed Causeways - why didn't they just leg it straight over the causeway to the exit? They could have been out of there before the first block had even fallen.

Hmm.

Anyway, I'd have gotten to the Final Encounter with Lord Fear, and beaten him, but I would have ran out of Life Force before I could get out of the dungeon. And I would have thrown the Quest Object (the Crown or whatever) to Treguard from inside the Dwarf Tunnels before my demise, making me both a martyr, a hero and the innovator of the best finish in the history of the show.

It's not like I've thought it through or anything...

Skip
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Ok, Skip, we have too many similar ideas - the causeway, the CoB and throwing the object!! - In 6 i think id have won, maybe because of the amount of times i watched it!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I'd go for S6 or S7, purely because they're my personal favourite series. I wouldn't be the dungeoneer though, I'd prefer to be the spellcaster in the team (and I'd get to SEE the dungeon action on screen!).
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

But remember the Dungeoneer gets into the heart of the action.

Such as interacting with the Knightmare cast.

As well as meeting Lord Fear at the Final Confrontation between the Dungeoneer and LF himself.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

I'd go for series 2 which I really enjoyed watching, although I don't know if I'd win or not since the difficulty curve was much harsher than later on. Still, if you did win it would be quite an achievement, wouldn't it?
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I'd have entered Series 6 or 7. I don't know how well I'd have done; I'd probably have been distinctly better at challenges depending on knowledge or intelligence than those depending on dexterity. My role-playing experience, limited acting experience and general loudness might have caused me to speak more confidently, interestingly and independently of my advisors than many did (though I'd have been no Barry), although the nerves of the game, the blindfold and the appearance on national television might have been the cause rather than general timidity, so I do not blame those who said little and needed much prompting, nor do I assert with confidence that I would have done better in this regard.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Willowherb wrote: I'd go for series 2 which I really enjoyed watching, although I don't know if I'd win or not since the difficulty curve was much harsher than later on. Still, if you did win it would be quite an achievement, wouldn't it?
You. Me. Alex. Alex. WE WOULD BE INVINCIBLE IN ANY SERIES!!! *shakes fist*
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

Hmmmm. With myself as Dugeoneer, we'd fail miserably.

With Anthrax Dave as Dungeoneer, myself as spell caster and two other random people......we'd proabaly still fail.

Would have loved to have a go at series 3 though.
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Lord Fear wrote: But remember the Dungeoneer gets into the heart of the action.

Such as interacting with the Knightmare cast.

As well as meeting Lord Fear at the Final Confrontation between the Dungeoneer and LF himself.
I think I'd be a better dungeoneer (or a team member)now than I would've been when it was on CITV. In those heady days of rushing home from school to watch KM, I was unfortunately a bit of a timid mouse, therefore I'd have been a boring dungeoneer. Thinking about it now, I'd DEFINATELY want to be a dungeoneer if someone my age had the chance.

You are correct in saying that it'd be a lot better to be a dungeoneer, your Lordship. I retract my previous statement :)
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

i would like to have a go at the cup since nobody has ever done that and everybody on the tv looks rubbish i bet i would do much better
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon