Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Post by Malefact »

Ah, yes! Mogdred's Playpen. When I saw that originally it scared me sh*tless!

In terms of funnies, though, the top award should always go to series 2 team 5. In the bomb room they just sat there looking at it for about half an hour before deciding that maybe they should leave!

The POISON/POTION affair is funny too. All three deaths where Lillith threw the dungeoneer out are gems!
Subject to change.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Series 5, Team 7 was one of my favourites too, though it would have been funnier if they had been clubbed to death by Brother Mace in a case of mistaken identity.

I also found Series 8 Team 1's death quite amusing, mainly because I'd practically been screaming "NO!!! Take the KNIFE, not the key you silly buggers!" at the TV. Can anyone remember if there were any other teams that died in the first episode?
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Series 5, Team 7 was one of my favourites too, though it would have been funnier if they had been clubbed to death by Brother Mace in a case of mistaken identity.
LOL, perhaps they cut that scene and replaced it with the rather weird Blocker-eating-them one. :) I'd love to see the uncut version.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Series 1, 2 and 3 all had first episode deaths. Mind you, those were the days when the dungeon was ruthless! I hope the new series will be like that - getting rid of duffers is half the fun!
Subject to change.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Two spring to mind here:

"Say hello to the goblin, and would you like a present?"

and of course...

"Simon - sidestep to your left..."
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I also found Series 8 Team 1's death quite amusing, mainly because I'd practically been screaming "NO!!! Take the KNIFE, not the key you silly buggers!" at the TV.
Well, be fair, the rules did say "don't take weapons", and the dungeoneer was male (as in "green for a girl" etc.).

My favourite was Series 8 Team 3, the seemingly forgotten "sidestep to the left" death.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Has to be Series 8 Team 2.  The red stuff went everywhere.

Team 1 were killed off because they were too thick to understand the scroll.

"Green for a girl, black for a boy" clearly indicated the knife and pigeon droppings.  Although why they had to free Motley is a mystery.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Cos somebody needed to be 'dropping' the hint that his jokes were (pigeon) sh*t.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Hmmmm, presumably they'd have needed a "Float" spell or similar to go down the trapdoor if they'd got it open... maybe they'd have gotten that from Motley?
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

and i wonder if you lot can guess knightmare dave's favourite death there are two from the same series!!!! and they were NASTY!!!!!!!! WELL I THOUGHT SO!!!!
knightmaredave
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Series 2 - both teams that were dropped by Lillith?
Subject to change.
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Alex_Smith »

and i wonder if you lot can guess knightmare dave's favourite death there are two from the same series!!!! and they were NASTY!!!!!!!! WELL I THOUGHT SO!!!!
Hmmm, corridor of blades? There were 2 in series 5, four over all (series 4 and 8 ).

Hmm, seems I can still just pluck random trivia out of the air from time to time ...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I hope Tim Child doesn't shy away from dungeoneer death in this new series. Km remains about the only show that kills off it's losing players, so do it as NASTILY as possible!!!
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Km remains about the only show that kills off it's losing players, so do it as NASTILY as possible!!!
Countdown does it too- they just don't want us to know about it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Yes, they're taken round to the back and stuffed into the furnace that powers the huge clock hand and the rotating Conundrum panel.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!