If Knightmare were still on today...

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Billy
Knight
Knight

If Knightmare were still on today...

Post by Billy »

Here's something interesting that came up in KM Chat tonight. Imagine if Knightmare had not ended in 1994, and in fact was still on today, starting its 20th series this year. What would it be like?

I personally think that as the CiTV audience got younger, they'd be forced to make several changes to the format. Treguard would have been replaced by the 'Son of Treguard' around the turn of the millennium, who would have been in a similar style to other hosts of kids gameshows ("Come on team, let's beat that Lord Fear! Wooooh!"). There'd be a lot more comedy, some sort of Viewers Competition...heck, maybe even a live studio audience, cheering and screaming throughout the quest. Add to that numerous celebrity specials at Christmas, and a website and email address mentioned at the end. The community would be split into two groups - us, who preferred the old days of the show, and the younger members who like the new series more.

Though maybe I'm overexaggerating. What do you think it'd have been like had the Knightmare continued?
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:If Knightmare were still on today...

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Ohhh, that's a scary thought :o Knightmare with a live audience, but they may have changed it to suit a more mature audience and made it a bit scarier. Would've been nice to see the effects they could've used for the monsters and dragons etc ;D
Rising from the ashes once again....
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

*Struggles for breath* Billy! That was frightening! That sounds like Knightmare evolving into Crackerjack, with 'Stupot' Stuart as the Dungeon Master, heaven help us. Scary, scary vision... *Shivers*... far scarier than anything that ever happened in the series in fact.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

NOOO!! Where'd I put my asthma medecine?!
Really don't scare people like that! :o

More dragons would have been nice. A big dragon flying over the dungeneer casting a dark shadow over him/her, spitting fireballs at them while the advisors shout directions.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Aaargh! What they all said!

It's a good job Knightmare was axed when it was... this alternative is too hideous to think about even for a minute!

Now, if only there could have been another topic, along the lines of:

"Imagine if Metallica had not split up in 1995, and in fact were still going today, starting their 25th year as a band. What would their last album be like?"

St. Anger... *shudders*

Well, I can dream.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

Not being a mind-reader I can't be sure, and perhaps he'll correct me, but I don't think such changes would have washed with Mr. Child. Had they been demanded by the ITV top brass he'd have walked out or replaced the show with some inferior equivalent of Virtually Impossible.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I agree with Billy that it's all possible that KM would end up that way. I think we'd still have these forums, to grumble about "how KM isn't what it once was"!!

But yes, Tim Child probably would have put up a bloody good fight before it got to that kind of level...unless it got done well? To be fair, it's probably possible. Bar the studio audience, and the young, hip Treguard (young Treguard I can cope with, if Treguard Snr. had a part in the dungeons. Celebrities would amuse me.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Skorm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Skorm »

I think Knightmare being on today would be cool. I mean the creatures could look so realistic and maybe more levels instaed of 3. Why doesnt tregaurd have ago at doing the dungeon eh? ::)
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

He already did. Treguard was the first person to ever single-handedly conquer the dungeon.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"