Discord Server

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Discord Server

Post by Fidjit »

Heya dudes, first of all; long time no see. Hard to believe I joined this place when I was 16 and now I'm nearly 33. Fright(knight)ening! :D

But here I am again to see how much things have changed since my last visit. Which doesn't seem long ago, but I needed to say hello :)

Nevertheless, I am a part of a couple of Discord servers and I wondered if knightmare.com would ever follow suit and do the same. It'd be kind of cool to keep up to date and chat with the gang again.

As before, it's great to be back here again and hopefully for more Knightmare :D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Re: Discord Server

Post by Mashibinbin »

https://www.knightmare.com/home/chat

As stated, Knightmare chat is always open for those that wish to do so there :)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Fair dos
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I've been quite keen to move away from IRC for a loooong time - I don't think it's at all newbie friendly.

I looked at Discord a while ago and found it to be essentially a modernised version of IRC. What put me off, though, was being at the mercy of Discord themselves. That is, you can't run your own private Discord server on your own machine. That has always been a dealbreaker for us and it's why we've always rejected requests to join other IRC networks. We simply won't put ourselves in the position where we're at the mercy of others.

Which is a shame because I otherwise liked Discord :(
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It's a very fair point. It's a shame there aren't a whole lot of other options out there.

Forums like these are now rather "old hat" as Lord Fear would put it. Nothing really wrong with them in the usual sense, but social media has progressed since this site and forum came to be in 2002 and have evolved exponentially so.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

A forum upgrade is on the cards, but yes, I agree.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Fidjit wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 20:03 Heya dudes, first of all; long time no see. Hard to believe I joined this place when I was 16 and now I'm nearly 33. Fright(knight)ening! :D

But here I am again to see how much things have changed since my last visit. Which doesn't seem long ago, but I needed to say hello :)

Welcome back, Glenn. It seems appropriate for Fidjit to be around during a lockdown. I hope you and your family (how many nieces and nephews do you have these days?) are keeping well.