Fun and Games visiting Real-Life Knightmare Locations

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
DJOSKA87
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Fun and Games visiting Real-Life Knightmare Locations

Post by DJOSKA87 »

I'm fortunate to live within the vicinity of some of the historic locations used in Knightmare (S4 onwards)- namely Castle Acre and Castle Rising.

I couldn't resist having some fun last year and came across a couple of pookas and a causeway on my travels...
Chris Pooka1.jpg
Chris Pooka1.jpg (205.52 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
Pooka at Castle Acre Priory.jpg
Pooka at Castle Acre Priory.jpg (195.44 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
Chris on Knightmare Causeway.jpg
Chris on Knightmare Causeway.jpg (194.2 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Fun and Games visiting Real-Life Knightmare Locations

Post by JamesA »

Nice one, and I like how you've added the Pooka and causeway to the exact rooms used!

I visited Dragon Hall when I was in Norwich for the Knightmare Convention a few years ago, perhaps when this lockdown is over I can go and visit some of the others. Thankfully there's a whole list and a link to a map here to help me track them down.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
DJOSKA87
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DJOSKA87 »

Yes, the causeway room was a deliberate choice!

One of these days I'll get round to Dragon Hall, but it's not freely accessible because a writers' club occupy it full time now, I believe.

I do have this sort-of plan to make some sort of video documenting some of the Knightmare locations.
I did approach Epic Studios last year regarding visiting and taking some video of the spaces, but heard nothing in reply.

I have been in Epic as I spent a week working there on a film shoot in 2014.
They even had part of it curtained off in bluescreen!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Nice 'shopping there :)

Re: Video documenting some of the Knightmare locations

We did have a plan to start doing some more behind-the-scenes videos of this nature. We still have a bunch of footage from when we went to visit David Rowe a couple of years back, which I need to see if I can try and rescue in some way.

We also had some more advanced plans regarding behind the scenes footage, but in practice they have turned out to be a logistical (k)nightamre and expensive to boot, which hasn't helped. Perhaps when the current situation is a bit more open, we might look at them again.

On the other hand, I now have a big collection of completed Notmare videos ready to upload :)