Characters that sucked in knightmare

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Characters that sucked in knightmare

Post by Cull »

not all of the underused characters were rubbish i mean take sir hugh de witless he only appeared in seris 5 but he was a great larf.
I wouldn't really have called him "underused"... even though he was there just for one season, he did make a good number of appearances throughout that season. And I agree - he was quite entertaining. :)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I certainly had a good giggle at him.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh, of course - how could I forget Casper the bloomin' key! I wonder how many teams wished they could leave him behind and take the other items rather than take him (even if it did mean certain death)? ;D
I think I'd have chosen certain death rather than have to listen to his annoying voice for a few scenes. I think I nearly included losing/destroying Casper in my 10 Quests I Wish Teams Had Been Sent On type thing. There's a probably a little corner of Technospace where Casper The Key and Fidjit the Pointless enjoy a blissful existence together, locking and unlocking doors over and over again. Oh, the laughs I bet they have...
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, Caspar was the worst by a lo-o-o-ong way.

Mistress Goody was a waste of space.

Actually, I didn't like Motley very much either. I know he had some character depth at least, but as a jester he had to tell jokes, and his jokes were so crummy ("my mate Dicken, he ain't no chicken" etc) that I just want to put my head through a bank vault door whenever I listen to him.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I didn't think much of the mournful Gargoyle in Series 3. And as for Ariadne: couldn't they have given her a voice to make her more interesting, like they did with Smirkenorff? The giant Scorpion and the giant Cobra in Series 3 also lacked variety.

If you are talking literally about characters that 'sucked', then Blockers qualify, since a Blocker sucked in a dungeoneer (was it Christopher?) in Series 5 for lacking the password...  ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

I didn't think much of the mournful Gargoyle in Series 3. And as for Ariadne: couldn't they have given her a voice to make her more interesting, like they did with Smirkenorff?
Nah... would probably turn out far too corny and reduce the frightening/creepy effect her presence produces (which his her ruling quality :) ).

Good point about the Blockers, though. :D
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Another crappy character in KM was treguard

Ok, I was kidding  ;D
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Actually, I didn't like Motley very much either. I know he had some character depth at least, but as a jester he had to tell jokes, and his jokes were so crummy ("my mate Dicken, he ain't no chicken" etc) that I just want to put my head through a bank vault door whenever I listen to him.
I can't remember what I thought of Motley as a kidsie, but since I was such a tasteful child I'm sure I must have hated him, since he really is very annoying. I know some people here like him, but I can't wait for him to get off screen. Most of his lines are just so bad. Sometimes I really wonder if Motley and Mellisandre are having a contest to see who can be the most pointlessly patronising, although Melly wins that particular battle every time.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Mistress Goody for sure.  A lousy ripoff of a lovable original.  

The Door Monsters bored me to death.  
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I can't remember what I thought of Motley as a kidsie, but since I was such a tasteful child I'm sure I must have hated him, since he really is very annoying. I know some people here like him, but I can't wait for him to get off screen. Most of his lines are just so bad. Sometimes I really wonder if Motley and Mellisandre are having a contest to see who can be the most pointlessly patronising, although Melly wins that particular battle every time.
*Snif*  :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

another character that sucked was gumboil he never ad a kill but was very close 2 catching Julian from s2 team 10
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Characters that sucked in knightmare

Post by LordF »

We should start a new thread fpr Characters that were underused in Knightmare.

What do you think guys?
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Sb04
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Sb04 »

I can't stand those weeping doors. they really are a pain to listen.

Mrs goodey was a wast of time.

I like most of the characters apart from the two i said above.

don't remember casper the key. what series was he in.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Oh hey Sb04 trust me, for the sake of your own sanity, you DON'T EVER want to meat (See) Casper The Key.

He was in S1 & 2 and was the most annoying little clot you could ever meat.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY