Knightmare dictionary!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare dictionary!

Post by MoanaLiza »

bits from a Knightmare dictionary and their explainations would be things like:

Dungeon - a place in a castle full of wierd and dangerous things, people and creatures.

Dungeoneer - someone who explores a dungeon on a quest to find an object, meeting creatures, people and trying to avoid danger and even fatality on the way.

Dungeon Master - a person who oversees a dungeon organising the maintanance and upkeep of the dungeon. Organises quests for would be dungeoneers, to bring him/her a valuble object at the end.

Dunshelm - a Castle (correct me if I'm wrong).

Quest - a task and journey undertaken by a dungeoneer to find and retrieve a valuble object, meeting creatures, people and various dangers on the way.

Opposition - Villains trying to gain complete power and take over everywhere. They dislike dungeon masters and their allys and dungeoneers who are working for the dungeon master. They make things difficult and even attempt to rid of dungeoneers. Many could be bribed to 'soften' them up.

Bribe(d) - a dungeoneer bargaining with a person or creature for knowledge on an exchange to aid them on their quest.

Team - a small group of usually four people, consisting of one dungeoneer and the others helping, by guiding him/her on their quest.

Those are just some bits I could think of which could probably be in a Knightmare dictionary. Can anyone think of anymore?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare dictionary!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

A is for: Advisors- Team members charged with guiding a blindfolded dungeoneer past assorted obstacles and problems in the dungeon. Numbering three per team, these individuals are- to say the least- of mixed quality. While some complete their task with a minimum of fuss and difficulty, some are clearly hampered by a lack of intelligence, wits, common sense and the ability to tell left from right.

B is for: Brollachan- These unusual creatures are not native to the dungeon, and so must be imported from other locations. Have been used in the past to delay and frustrate quests, but have usually been lacklustre in the performance of that task. Natural habitat unknown. Mating season March to July.

I'll try thinking of some more.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

C is for: Chalice- A sort of trophy collected by dungeoneers from series one to three. Is is obtained by collecting pieces of it scattered about the dungeon.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

D is for Descender: Charming device that relies on technomagic to get one (be it a dungeoneer or a forum member) to level 2...

Let's see if it works? "Down!"

5.."Stop!"

Yes, I think I made it to level 2 safely...*checks profile* oh good.  ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

E is for Elita- A loud-mouthed cavern elf who takes dungeoneers to be pathetic and useless... Uses the word "...faceache" a lot throughout the series. Very easily bribed with either a elven/fire stone...

F is for FrightKnight- The person who added the last topic... Okay fine... It is a sort of enemy  henchman used by Lord Fear, makes a horrible clanking grating sound as they move...

G is for Grimwold- This is an ogre willing to put dungeoneers out of their misery. The wife however is there to give them a hard time and to reveal a few clues. Festus meanwhile, lingers around scaring the pitiful sprites out of their skins, (MUCH TO HIS DELIGHT)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

Silvester Hands: A rather smelly man who looks like Fagan from Oliver.

Made his Knightmare debut in Series 5 as one of Lord Fear's henchman.

Very thick when it comes to answering questions when he was asked what a female deer was called he replies "Bessie".

Ended a dungeoneers quest on one occaison because he found Lord Fear's Ring.

Likes to get drunk

very scared of Lord Fear

Played by The Excellent Paul Valentine
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

H is for Hag many of these to be found in the dungeon, similar to witches however not all of them have magical powers. The charming Mrs G is one example of one.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

A is for Aesandre: Queen of Wintera Level 3 in S5.  A character who promisses far more then she delivers.

Made 4 apperences in the dungeon 3 by spyglass 1 in person. Attempted to foil the winning quest. It was Aesandre who froze the dungeon at the end of series 5 however she her self became entwined in the spell and was frozen and dissaperd during the reconstruction of the dungeon.

B is for Bahl-Sheba: Lord Fear's Red Dragon from series 8 who suffers from Multi-Personality disorder.

Was responsibal for the death of the first dungeoneer that seson. Was latter enchanted by Lord Fear and became Firestorm of Marbalehead.

B is also for Barry: The most famouse Knightmare Dungeoneer of all time.

His series 7 quest is conciderd by many to be the best ever. Retrived the Shield Of Justice as well as The Troll Hammer which was used to defeat The King Of Trolls Bulstroded in the series final.

F is for Fatila The Hun: A dungeon gaurd employed by Mogdred in series 4 to prevent dungeoneers reching level 2.

Never stoped a dungeoneer, was open to bribary and was very easy to outwit. His catchprase was

"I'll Blip Yer an Then I'll Blop Yer."

G is for Gibbert: A dungeon gaurd in series 1 made two apperences.

Gaurded the well way to level 3 was responcibal for killing one dungeoneer. Never as famouse as other gaurds like Gumboil, Olaf & Fatila.

I'll probably think of others latter.
Last edited by Skarkill on 27 Nov 2003, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I is for Irons - manacles or handcuffs used by Skarkill to capture dungeoneers. He was succesful in using them to put an end to one team's quest - that being Series 5 Team 2
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary