Skarkill Vs Raptor

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Skarkill Vs Raptor

Post by Skarkill »

Well here is my first topic on the KM disscusion forum.

I was woundering who people's favirote Goblain Manter was.

SKARKILL (S5-S6) or RAPTOR (S7-S8 )

The following Stats are my own personal oppinions and appart from the number of kills and lenth of service are open to your own enterpritations of the characters.

SKARKILL:

Lenth Of Service: 2 sesons

Fight Factor: 8/10

Comedy Value: 6/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Number Of Kills: 1

Synopsis:

Skarkill served as Lord Fear's Goblain Master (and later right hand man) for 2 sesons.

Skarkill stalked the dungeons with his goblains Grippa & Rrahk (later Tiny the Hobgoblain was added) trying to captuer dungeoneers with his manacles.

Although he could be bribed oftern dungeoneers had to relay on other dungeon dwellwers to save them from the vile goblain master e.g. Pixle, Elita & Sir Hugh De Witless.

Skarkill made one "kill" during his reign of terror when he kiddnapped dungeoneer Richard in S5. Although this could be blamed on Richard's lack of gold it still remains a fact that Skarkill made a kill which is more then other Opposition minnions can say and if not for the intervention of The Powers That Be's Allies in the dungeon he would all most certainly have thwarted more quests.

Durring S6 Skarkill suffering from a broken leg at the hands of Tiny and so became more Lord Fear's right hand man in Mt Fear rearly venturing out in to the dungeon.

The end came for Skarkill when The Red Dragon "Red Death" crashed on to Mt Fear at the end of S6 breaking his other leg and rendering him usless to Lord Fear.

RAPTOR:

Lenth Of Service: 1 seson (See Synopsis)

Fight Factor: 3/10

Comedy Value: 9/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Number Of Kills: 0

Synopsis

The Pirate Raptor took over the role of Goblain Master in S7 after Skarkill was crippled. Brought in by Lissard (Skarkill's replacment as Lord Fear's right hand man) to do the actual dirty work in the dungeon as Lissard preferd to stay with his Lordness in Goth and Marblehead.

Like Skarkill he stalked the dungeon with Grippa & Rhark (never mentioned Tiny) and attempted to thwart quests. Unlike Skarkill Raptor was unable to stop one quest.

He also seemed easier to beat then Skarkill had and also showed himself to be a bit of a cowared, he was once scared of by a dungeoneer who used a spell to turn her self into a CAT.

Like Skarkill Raptor fell victim to Lord Fears plan to destroy Knightmare castle at the end of S7 and ended up getting crushed along with Lord Fear, Lissard and Sly Hands under The King of Trolls Bulstroded when he was killed by Tregaurd with the Troll hammer and fell on top of The Black Tower Of Goth.

Unlike Skarkill Raptor escaped unscathed and returned the following seson. BUT NOT AS goblain master (The Goblains sadly never apperd in S8 ) Raptor had become The Master Of The Miermen.

This change of assimnet made little differnce to his quest ending ablilitys and he continued to stalk the dungeon as mearly a pale imatation of his predocessor.

Well there you have it my views on the 2 Goblain Masters as you can tell my favirote was Skarkill.

But who is yours? Do you agree with my stats or do you think I am wrong? Pleses let me know.
Last edited by Skarkill on 19 Nov 2003, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Skarkill Vs Raptor

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hey, that's really really good. What an excellent first topic- well done!

If by "comedy value" you mean how funny were they to watch, I'd be tempted to give Skarkill more than 6/10, which would mean he'd win even more convincingly! I was never as fond of Raptor as Skarkill, although I've warmed to the latter even more of late.

Lovely indeed.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I'd better explain the comedy value rateings.

The resone I gave Skarkill a 6/10 while Raptor got a higher score of 9/10 was as follows.

I always thought of Skarkill as a character who was created to scare the "Watchers" he was a more serious caracter and there for the type of hummor in his scenes is of a darker natuer.

Example his catchprase "LOVELY" should be (and is) funny but it is deliverd in such a bloodthirsty way especialy to dungeoneers that it also unerves the viewers because they relise that  Skarkill is realy sadistic and enjoys his job.

Where as with Raptor I always felt that he fell in to the same catagory as Sly Hands & Snapper-Jack a comic character who under the right conditions could turn nasty e.g. Sly's killing of January. The character never gave any hint (at lest to me) that he was supposed to be taken serriosley.

Example when ever Skarkill was beaten off you felt a sence of relife on the part of the dungeoneer and his advisors where as when Raptor fled the scene e.g. when Smerkinoff burt his backside with a fierball not only did the watchers laughe but the addvisors did as well (This happend with Skarkill only once in his very first apperenc in the second episoed of S5.)

So the comedy value is a meshurment of wether the character was mainly used for comic relife, not of wether or not they were funny.

(Hope this make sence)
Last edited by Skarkill on 19 Nov 2003, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I really like Skarkill and so after watching his great role in S5 then he pips it for me!  ;D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Skarkill wins hands down.

Raptor never really did it for me, he was rarely a threat to the dungeoneers and goodness why he was teamed up with Miremen in his sole Series 8 appearance when goblins were clearly visible in Team 5's quest (although that team were eventually killed off by Miremen).
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

So The Score At the Moment Is

Skarkill 4.      Raptor: 0

Now Thats.

"LOVELY"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I feel tempted to put one for Raptor, basically to even up the score a bit, but...

Skarkill 5, Raptor 0. ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Sorry, but 6-0. Again, most latter (6-8) characters aside from Rothberry, Lissard, and Romanha were worse than the ones they replaced so Skarkill - LOVELY.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

They're a bit biased these debates - Skarkill vs Raptor, Scaramonger vs Bartram, Pickle vs Majida....  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

HOW ARE THEY BIASED ?   :o :o :o
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Skarkill is the best of the two hands down!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

The only thing i didn't like about skarkill was his voice.
but he did get down to it.  And never afrade to ask Fear for more gold/goblins, Another vote
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I think I'll have to sit on the fence here. Having a pirate obsession, I would normally vote for Raptor. However, Skarkill is played by Rayner Bourton, and because of his Rocky Horror links I can't NOT vote for him... Bugger.

Oh sod it, I'll vote Skarkill on account of Raptor never having a dragon dropped on him.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

This must be a very "Un-LOVLEY" experiance for poor Raptor he is getting slaughterd

Skarkill: 9             Raptor: 0  
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well Skarkill always was the best