War of The Dungeon Hags.

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

War of The Dungeon Hags.

Post by Skarkill »

Well here's another "Who Was The Best....." debate from The Forum's residant Goblain Master.

As I promised this time it's a Four-Way between The Hags of the dungeon

MILDREAD (S2)
vs
MRS. GRIMWOLD (S3)
vs
MISTRESS GOODY (S4)
vs
HEGGATTY (S6)

So with out further ado the stats.

Mildread:

Lenth of service: 2 sesons

Fright factor: 6/10

Comedy Value: 4/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Number of kills: 1

Synopsis

The repulsive looking Mildread was the first Hag in the dungeon

Little good can be said about Mildreads character she delighted in trying to trick dungeoneers into climeing in to her couldren which she disguised with magic so as to make it look like a well way.

Although she never managed to do this she did misdirect one dungeoneer into a Bomb room which ended his quest.

Mildread also apperd to be a powerful influence in the dungeon in her own right one time she even froze Treagurd himself.

Mrs. Grimwold:

Lenth Of Service: 1 sesons

Fright Factor: 3/10

Comedy Value: 9/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Number Of Kills: 1 (See Synopsis)

Synopsis

Mrs. Grimwold was the second Hag of the dungeon (and its most infermouse).

She could be found in level one either in the kitchen or gaurding the well way down to level 2, But she did once apper in a jail like room (just after the Corridoor of The Catacooms.)

She and her dog Festuse could be either a threat or allie (of sorts) to quests, once or twice she attempted to giued a dungeoneer over to were Festuse could eat them and once attemted to fob a dungeoneer of with a usless map.

All this asied however Mrs. Grimwold apperd to be more inclined to side with a dungeoneer then Mildread (espesialy if the dungeoneer had a bone to give to Festuse) and apperd not to think well of Mogread.

Her Husband on the other hand well...

"Grimy what have I told you about hitting the guests"

Once however Mrs. Grimwold did send her husband after a dungeoneer who had scared her and festuse he caught them and ended the quset.

Unfortunatly The Grimwolds dissaperd from the dungeon after S3, but KM fans still remember the shrill cry of this old hag of the level 1 kitchen.

"SHUT UP FESTUSE. GOOD BOY."

Misstres Goody:

Lenth Of Srevice: 1 sesons

Fright Factor: 3/10

Comedy Value: NA

Difficulty: NA

Number Of Kills: 0

Synopsis

After Mrs. Grimwold this character apperd in the dungeon. Mistress Goody appered to be her replacment.

She was oftern found in the room just after the place of choice sweeping with her magic broom.

She only once talked to a dungeoneer.

Her two evil deeds in the dungeon were locking merlain in the stocks and trying to kill one dungeoneer by SWEEPING HER TO DEATH !!!

with only three or so appereces to her credit she never made much of an impact and quikley faded away when the serries ended.

Heggaty:

Lenth Of Sevcie: 1 seson

Fright Factor: 4/10

Comedy Value: 6/10

Difficulty: 6/10

Number Of Kills: 1

Synopsis

There was no dungeon hag in S5 but after this bracke a hag apperd in the dungeon during S6. In level 2 dungeoneers would sometimes happan apon Heggaty sweeping in the relm of Witchhaven.

This fire ball obsessed hag would grant them safe passage through the chamber in exchange for Witch Amber utherwise she would attake them with fire balls.

Then againe there were times when she attaked for no other reson but she enjoyed it then the advissors had to menuver the poor dungeoneer out of the room pretty sharpish.

Heggaty can claim one kill when she refused to give a dungeoneer the password to get passed The Dreadnaught because they had no witch amber to give her

"NO Fire Stone No Good To Heggaty."

Heggaty for all this was not allined with Lord Fear but served the Witch Queen Greystagg so when she rejected Lord Fear's alliance Heggaty cessed to be a threat and dissaperd from the dungeon after Lord Fear destroyed Witchhaven.

Because of the change in direction of Knightmare Heggaty never quit fitted in but put in an amicable performance as the last Hag of Knightmare.

After that Hags disapperd from the dungeon but for 4 sesons they had enhabited the dungeon some were memrobale (Mrs. Grimwold) others wern't (Mistress Goody) but they represnted the dark and scarey era of Knightmare but didn't fit into the later series.

So there you have it SO whos the best.

I am voteing for both Mrs. G & Heggaty as I enjoyed both of them.

But who was your favirote Dungeon Hag.
Last edited by Skarkill on 25 Nov 2003, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: War of The Dungeon Hags.

Post by Fidjit »

Mrs G... Definitley! Too bad she didn't make it to series 4
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Mrs. G!!!  ;D for two reasons 1. she's funny and 2. She said that if I dont vote for her she'd send Festus after me....
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It's glued to a poster...

"VOTE FOR MRS GRIMWOLD... OR I'LL BE AVENGED"

"Gerrem Festus!"  ;D

(Yay! I'm now level three!!!  ;D 8))
Last edited by Fidjit on 24 Nov 2003, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

;D *hugs Motley* Congrats!
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think it's really only a two way 'horserace' if you ask me out of Mildred and Mrs. G. I can't remember Heggaty so I can't really comment and Mistress Goody didn't really make much of an appearance. I don't remember Mildred and can only go by what I've read and heard and by clips so for me Mrs. G has to be my favourite. Her voice and the things she used to say and how she used to say them, mostly when she was talking about her beloved pooch or whatever it was as she said she didn't know what he was.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'll keep this post out-of-character, although I have a funny feeling I might venture an in-character one later on, teehee. You all know who my vote is for already, but I'll go through the motions of considering the other candidates for "best hag".

Starting with my least favourite, Mistress Goody, who wasn't really very threatening or convincing, although her magic broom thing was kinda funny, and she deserves some points for locking Merlin in the stocks.

Third for me is Heggatty, who was quite funny sometimes, especially the "Firestones no good to Heggatty" incident, but not really hugely memorable.

Mildread was a good character, and suitably threatening and evil. Trying to make a nice broth out of dungeoneers is fine by me, and her little party piece of impersonating Treguard so the real Treguard looked as if he was inhumanly constipated probably still goes down well at Dungeon Christmas parties.

But there's only one winner, for me. Since I've made her case so many times on this forum already, and based so much of my own incarnation here on her, I don't think I really need to explain it further. Rack up another vote for La Grimwold, Queen of the Hags, and throw her darling quasi-canine some bones so she has time to collect her award when she gets her husband to kill the competition if she wins.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 24 Nov 2003, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well Heres the curant scores at the Moment

MILDREAD: 0

MRS. GRIMWOLD: 5

MISTRESS GOODY: 0

HEGGATTY: 1

At the moment it looks like Mrs. Grimwold is going to be the winner.

But things can change.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I feel that Mildread deserves a vote since she was very good and devious at fooling dungeoneers (although she never actually appeared in Series 1)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Just one thing: I think that the 'Firestones no good to Heggaty' incident should count as a 'kill' for Heggaty (because she refused to give Sumaya the password for the Dreadnaught). If you counted a 'kill' with Julius Scaramonger and the goblin (Chris in series 5), then I think this definitely counts as a 'kill'.

And Mildread only appeared in series 2, not series 1 (so just one series, not two).
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Thanks.

I will make the modifications to the stats.

And while I'm posting the score now stands at

Mildread: 1

Mrs. Grimwold: 5

Mistress Goody: 0

Heggaty: 1
Last edited by Skarkill on 25 Nov 2003, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

kinda hard.
onlt really comes down to two of them,
I would like to vote for Mrs. G but i guess it would be for all the wrong reasons.

so MILDREAD it is. fair more evil.
Also the connection do Mogdred makes her fair more evil  ;)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Ooooooo, this is a difficult one. I really like Mrs G, she caused my parents much alarm by being responsible for me shouting "SHUT UP FESTUS!" at random intervals. but I also like Mildread, and she gets bonus points for threatening to cook Gretel in a pot.

Then again, since Mildread failed to make me attempt to trick my younger siblings into jumping in a cooking pot, I vote for Mrs G.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

but I also like Mildread, and she gets bonus points for threatening to cook Gretel in a pot.
That joke is recycled from http://jen.radish-spirit.com/obsessions/knightmare.html , which is well worth a visit, btw, for anyone who wants a slightly light-humoured look at KM-past, but wants something a little funnier than some of these people who write things without having ever seen the show. Despite the designer sometimes stealing jokes outrageously from certain bald-wizard-hag composites, it's definitely worth a chuckle or two. ;)
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 26 Nov 2003, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

That joke is recycled from http://jen.radish-spirit.com/obsessions/knightmare.html , which is well worth a visit, btw, for anyone who wants a slightly light-humoured look at KM-past, but wants something a little funnier than some of these people who write things without having ever seen the show. Despite the designer sometimes stealing jokes outrageously from certain bald-wizard-hag composites, it's definitely worth a chuckle or two. ;)
Thank you for the blatant plug! Though when you said "slightly light-humoured" you really meant "excessively sarcastic and abusive".  ;D

And I did not steal jokes! I just borrowed them...
Last edited by Elita on 26 Nov 2003, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law