Series 2 - Episode 8

keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 8

Post by keke »

i know, i thought u had to spell it backwards. but if u have to spell it backwards then they started with o then summit. im probably wrong and u can say the letters in any order but whenever i've seen teams dispelling they spelled it backwards instead of ohdurs.
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

No in series 1 Treguard explains:
To cast a spell call out "Spell-casting" followed by the right letters in the right order.

To dis-spell call out "Dis-spell" followed by the right letters but in the wrong order.
The reason many teams dis-spell by reversing the letters is because it is easier as you know which letters you have used. (Well I think it is easier)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

One team a bit later on used to put the last letter to the start hten the rest in tbe coorect order

e.g Dispell S-D-I-S-M-I-S
Good night out there; whatever you are!
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

A classic team here! Could they all have been dyslexic? First the shroud incident, then the shovel/spade debacle! Treguard hams it up wondefully under Mogdred's "control" - funny he can't do anything except point out the missing letter! And how much does Mogdred overreact to them dispelling the shroud anyway? It's like the end of the world or something, the way he shrieks and vanishes!
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by 082601 »

Question,

when faced with a wall-monster or dreadnought,
and you havent a god-damn clue what the answer is,
why not just run the f*** away?
I always wondered that when I was a child, when I watched it regularly.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Because the only way is onward - there is no turnoing back!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I've just noticed that the Level 1 clue room was a bit unfair. The Adventurer's code specifically states that aggression breeds aggression and to not take weapons. However, this team took the dagger and it was the right one to take!

I think for some reason in later series in particular, teams dispell the spell backwards.
AKA Ross 'Raven's Eye' Thompson
Knightmare Audio Series
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Close. The code actually states that dungeoneer's should assume weapons are the weapons of their enemies unless there are other indicators.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 2 - Episode 8

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Strange quest this.
First they appear to pick up the wrong object be still pass Mildred.
They then take the left hand door with not consequence.
And used the Dagger, usually weapons are useless, Tregaurd had said this many times on the show.

Then we have a pointless first level 2 room and an almost empty clue room.
Mogdred up to this own tricks again, i'm surprised they didn't use this as a chance to kill the team off.. they took ages, life force should have drained.

Wonder what they 'word' was for? maybe we'll find out next week.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The left-hand door was correct, as Mildread tried to trick them into taking the other exit. But yes, there are a few strange things about this quest.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I thought she was trying to guide them into the pot... wasn't paying enough attention.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

That must of been the show from tonight. It was the famous incident where they got the word 'Shroud' mixed up. Treguard - "Letter O !..." ;D

Even then it was still spelled incorrectly with the dis-spell and Mogdred was far too lenient towards them with all their errors. ??? . They should of perished.

The Ariadne spider room gave them far too much time, and the room with the chess board and killer Bishop was just unnecessary and took up too much time when they could of been doing other things, such as better and more interesting rooms ?

It wasn't a very memorable episode tonight and that team seems very incompetent at times and don't think they may get very far. They've rode their luck, wasted too much time, and the villains have been far too lenient. I wouldn't want any team killed off, but they have been irritating at times.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

I thought the episode was good in places. The scenes with Mogdread and Mildread was entertaining! Although it took the team ages to figure out the missing letter and only got it from Treguard. Plus they only got one riddle correct yet they made it to level 2. Maybe it was due to the next team not arriving yet.

Yes the chess board room I think is time consuming along with the mills of doom. There not 'on the edge of your seat' type of rooms and for me lets the early series down.

Overall, the episode was a mixed bag. Yes we will find out what the word is for next week if I remember correctly!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

This episode was great for comedy reasons (letter oooo), laughed when mordred laughed at them for spelling shroud wrong backwards, looks like mordred eventually gave up due to bad spelling.

Mildred impersonating the advisors to advise the dungeoneer to go through the wrong door was great, I always thought if you only got one answer right in a clue room you wouldn't make it much further or ended up in the wrong room.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.