Series 3 - Episode 4

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 3 - Episode 4

Post by MoanaLiza »

Sorry to bump this one up and a bit behind too (have not been here much lately) but why after the adviser told Simon to pick up the amulet did they keep telling him to sidestep to the right (or the cliff) when he was facing towards the exit when he had put the amulet down
Last edited by Drassil on 05 Jan 2011, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to improve navigation.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 3 team 3

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Thats what I'd like to know too....
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

Because the advisor didn't know his right from his left.  Did you not see how he told him to step in the wrong direction at the bomb room, also the fact that the dungoneer has been turned into a star and the direction he was facing wasn't clear didn't really help.  
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

That reminds me of another team who had a dungeoneer called Simon, and they didn't know their right from their left either....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

:) I loved this particular team - and thought they were doing very well. They did escape the bomb room, and deservedly so, since their initial reactions to get him turned around and towards the exit were very sharp.

They handled Mrs G very well - ahems Mr Aukett and your growling. Yes, the issue of left and right were quite amusing - for the second time on the ledge ~ but this wasn't treacherous, and wasn't as funny.

As for the amulet situation - I don't think that was a directional error, I think that was a misinterpreted dimensional error. It wasn't the sidestepping to the right that caused the death; they had aready achieved that by walking too far forward. My opinion is, that the team didn't realise that from the dimenions of the stalagtite room, the route onwards lay to the left, because it is actually hidden from sight and needs working out. Most teams found it no problem.

The only feasible explanation I can gather, is that from the scenery in the background, there is a very thin and distant looking winding path from the mountain top, which runs down and into the centre of the screen. and I think the advisor, Mark, must have believed that carrying on forward might somehow lead onto that.

It's a shame, because I thought they had a good quest until that point, especially for a young team, and although an obscure ending, I don't think it 100% totally mad to attempt what they did. The sequence was great though, the twinkling star falling off the cliff. In fact, the whole pact of the bracelet was great - and a shame it wasn't used once or twice more. Still, it was the one-offs in S3 (e.g. Ross' death in Morghanna's ledge) that give it some real spice. Just my thoughts anyway.  8)     KaM
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

To me it looked like a simple mistake, simple as that.  
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i always thought thay were ment to leave the amulet after they used it past the goblins as they did but because they decided to keep hold of it they where just killed off in such a way. because they never guided his off the edge... but they killed him off before they had a chance to guide his out.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

"Course you were never good at manouvers"
Fail three times and I feed on you!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 3 Episode 4

Post by MoanaLiza »

Again I havn't been able to find a thread that already exists for this episode. I will try and ad my thoughts at the end of this ep.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 3 Episode 4

Post by HarveyTowers »

Episode 4

Got through the corridor of spikes.

Picked up an Amulet of Invisibility in the Clue Room. This series a star is shown instead of the dungeoneer.

Hordriss appeared for the first time although he didn't speak.

This team haven't been good at guiding and this didn't help. Stepped out as a shouting star . . .

New team began in the dice room and had a chalice over the door (or trophy as they called it)

Started in the flame room.
Treguard: "A previous dungeoneer appears to be haunting here!"
Spooky!

The team met Mellisandre in the trapdoor room:
"When you meet the moving wall..."
Oh dear, she's gone and took a fall!

Through the dwarf tunnels to the Brangwen's room. Fair questions, 3 out of 3 and told to take the key and the
jester's stick.

Scorpion's room before being chased by "Olaf the Dead." Motley told them to give him the stick, do you
think that they would have got away with the gold?

Another dance rererence, step one.

Moving wall room before meeting Melly and getting the rest of the message (that the second step is the
prayer. I suppose that the "nice old gentleman" is Merlin.

Down the Wellway avoiding the axe and over the Spindizzy.

Told to risk one peril in the Giant's foot room so had to go under the axe but took a bash.

Clue room were we could see the Oracle and just seen lifting helmet as we timed out.

Nice credit backing with the bat in the Mine tunnel.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

mmm wonder who the previous dungeoneer was, maybe from series 2 or something.

Anyway good episode, we got a unique death and a good showing of series 3's level one. By the way, for those of you who haven't yet seen s3 episode 5, it is an excellent episode, worth watching.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

*Notes that Tom41 hasn't yet posted ;) *
Why did the team tell the dungeoneer to go to the right when he re-picked up the bracelet. It was clear he needed to go to the left.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Notice in this episode, it didn't seamlessly carry on from the previous one. We saw the dungeoneer both leap off the Spindizzy and zoom into the doorway in the crystal ball recap scene, and then the screen cut straight to the red corridor.

Tackled the new-look Corridor of Spears, which was haunted by one of those floating skulls (first appearance!). If I was an advisor, I would have made the dungeoneer sidestep once to the left before running between the spears. I think they also got spiked by the 2nd set of spears, but were let off.

The dungeoneer found an Amulet of Invisibility in the next room! Just like the invisibility talisman from series 2, but this time there was a star on the screen so you could see where the dungeoneer was. Also Hordriss appeared for the first time as a ghost in the wall!
In the next room, used the invisibility to get past the goblins - but then guided the dungeoneer out of the cave mouth and off a cliff! Ooh, nasty!

Next team got the dice room as usual, except when the big dice opened up there was a flashing cup symbol above the middle door. I guess the crew didn't want them to take the right door again ;)

Then tackled the Room of Fire, which was also haunted by a floating skull. Seemed to be no way of getting through with the skull blocking both doorways! However, the skull kindly moved out of the way to let them pass after getting through the flames ;)

Next, Mellisandra fell down a trap door just as she was giving an important message!
Goblins followed the dungeoneer in the tunnel, then got to the Level 1 clue room. 2nd appearance of the Brangwen, and they scored 3/3 on the riddles!
Brangwen clearly told them that the gold was 'fools gold' so it was obvious which items to take. However, I think they could have taken the gold and still been in winning status!

I think they got stung by the scorpion, but were let off.

Olaf chased them on the cliff room - had they taken the gold, they probably could have bribed him (lootings) to get past. As it is, Motley took back his jester staff and used it on Olaf to make him laugh!

After getting through the Corridor of Catacombs (moving wall), they met Mellisandre again in the wellway room. There was an axe above the wellway, which lowered as the dungeoneer got in!

On the Spindizzy, one of the doors had a cup above it, and the rest had skulls. I guess if he had taken one of the skull doors, they would have been killed off instantly in the next room.

In the 5-door room, as well as the giant's foot there was another axe above one of the doors. Oddly, they wanted to go through the door with the axe above it! The axe came down and severely damaged their life force as they went through the door.

Level 2 clue room - one object only, some food. There was also an Oracle in this room. To hear it, the dungeoneer must close his eyes and raise the helmet above his head. However, temporal disruption occurred just as he raised the helmet!

Knice ending graphics under the credits - a bat flying down a mine shaft - sign of things to come?
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Unusual death, but by no means unfair this time. They seemed to think that the path was forward, when it was actually to the left. Splat!

Mellisandre later appeared in Team 4's quest standing behind a trapdoor. Hmm, I wonder what happened next? ;) Still, they spanned the pit and crossed the zone in time to run away screaming from Olaf (something I'd probably do too), Motley distracting him with his jester toy-like thing. Mellisandre obviously managed to perform a daring and courageous escape from the trapdoor's innards in time to re-meet Leo and Co in the Level 1 wellway room, and now they're in Level 2. I do like how Treguard incorporates his 'Temporal Disruption Imminant' speil whilst the quest is still in progress (seemingly done by having Hugo Myatt record the lines several months after series filming ended), shame they only did it in this series. Still, the end credit animation looked like a very early version of the minecart ride, the final version we should hopefully see soon!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

In the room where Hordriss appeared, I heard him chuckle a bit before they exited the room.

Great Episode tonight.

Another team falls (NO Pun intended)

Leo's team now, they seem to of got far so far, and it's looking good.

The series also looks good so far.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear