Series 3 - Episode 5

Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 - Episode 5

Post by Morghanna »

A very memorable episode.
Team 4 followed the instructions of the Oracle ok, but then almost turned comedy into disaster when Leo was dangerously close to stepping over the ledge whilst doing his first-step dance. 2/2 answers for Merlin, with no prompting.
Strange attention to detail when they moved around, not under, the stalactites and then tried to communicate with the giant toad.
Collected a piece of the chalice and evaded the goblins comfortably.
First proper appearance of Hordriss at the vale bridge. I liked the way they initially showed defiance before finally using the "SWORD" spell to disuade him. (Interesting how the character of Hordriss changed and mellowed over the next few series....)
Encountered Motley at the end of level 2. To gain his help they had to tell him a new joke. Leo messed-up the question part and then stumbled on the punchline. ::) Motley's reaction was priceless, a roll of the eyes and a yawn. Great reply as well, "Not so much what i'd call a joke, but i've certainly heard nothing like it!"

The mine-cart ride down to level 3 was a great new idea, more imaginative than another well and it really looked good.
They easily evaded the cavernwights to collect another chalice piece and some energy.
Reached Merlin's chamber, but were attacked by a haunted sword before they could summon him. Advisor Matthew quickly dispelled it. :exclaim: Brilliant reactions! Provided with two new spells by Merlin.
Next up was the medusa, but they got their retaliation in first and cast the spell "GRIP" to freeze it.

Then disaster. :( They were asked a really (excessively?) tough question by the gargoyle and were unable to answer it, so had to move on without any more magic.
Reached the level 3 clue room and Mogdred appeared just as the bell sounded. >:-]
"Stand by for the big freeze gentlemen!"
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D