Series 3 - Episode 6

Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 team 4 (Leo)

Post by Porsmond »

As far as I am aware, it would not have helped. Apparently the Glory Spell was meant to be used at the end so they could win the game.
They really needed the important information from the Gargoyle, where he would have told the team what route to take(I believe Treguard even mentions this to the team) without the information, I believe they could have still got further but it was mearly guess work what route to take and sadly they took the wrong one.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

No, doesnt matter what path they would have takeing they would been killed off anyway Because they got the questions wrong,

Also why would mogdred give them a spell to defeat him with??? don't quite understand what he was trying to do.  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Question: Wouldnt the GLORY spell, given to them by mogdred have helped? might have lit the path and led them to that glory.

not only did they not use this spell but treguard didnt mention that it could have helped them.
Any1 else notice this?
Using spells given to you by the opposition is a very bad idea, and had the team cast it they probably would've been killed off straight away.  This is why Treguard didn't mention it. ;-)

And yes, as Treguard -did- say, "without important information from the Gargoyle"... we are going to kill you off whichever path you take. ;-)

I'm just wondering what the stardust would've been for.  I'd love to know what the final encounter/ending of Series 3 would've been, whether it would've been the same as the series 2 ones (which didn't actually feature you having to beat Mogdred, iirc).

(edited for typos)
Last edited by Dan on 24 Jun 2003, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, it would be interesting to know how far from the end of the Dungeon the stained glass room was. I think Dan's definitely on the right track with the GLORY spell. I certainly don't think it would have helped them in the stained glass room, and would likely have proved their doom if they'd cast it later on. Perhaps there might have been a dilemma over whether to cast it or do something else- like walk forward into the unknown, or something.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

What a great team they were, but that riddle was just too darn hard (I couldn't answer it!). The only things I remembered about that quest (excluding the clips I've seen on this site) was the tunnel through something's gut (Level 3) and Leo falling off the cliff. That was a real shame, they were so close... *sigh* Oh well, it was a brilliant quest, one of my favourites (and yours truly was in it, hehe!).
Last edited by Velda on 24 Jun 2003, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

These are my solutions:  

1)  The gargoyle would have given them a advise on which path is correct

2)  Some teams used the spell DARK to find a light spot on the correct passage...

3)  Or the opposite, some used the spell SUN to shine a spot on the correct path...

The team were brilliant and quick... Especially Matthew Johnson who saved Leo from getting killed by dispelling SWORD...
Last edited by Fidjit on 24 Jun 2003, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Werewolf
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Werewolf »

That riddle was just too damn hard. Even my mum and dad couldn't answer it (Yes, a week ago they denounced me as sad, now they're avid fanatics of Knightmare themselves  ;D)

I think the Glory spell might have helped...well, if nothing else, they would have gone out with a 'BANG', rather than a 'Splat!'
Assassins do it from behind
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

if u notice that evey path went in the same direction and when we see his fall off the cliff.. it shows all paths leading off the cliff.  :o  :o
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, one of the paths would have had a portal to whisk the dungeoneer away to the next (final?) room.

I wonder which path was the correct one. If it were me, I'd have had the dungeoneer take the left-most one (which would have been the right-most one from the dungeoneer's point of view) as per the Adventurer's Code.
Subject to change.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

I wonder which path was the correct one. If it were me, I'd have had the dungeoneer take the left-most one (which would have been the right-most one from the dungeoneer's point of view) as per the Adventurer's Code.
Well, in series 2, it was the third one (second from right), which was the one Leo was walking down... clearly that wasn't right (if we ignore the fact that whatever path they took they were going to be killed).

However, this series, Martin (the other guy who gets that far) was taking the second path from the left which was marked by the final quest piece when Morghanna did her smashy-smashy routine. Bah. I think both Martin AND Leo deserved to win, really.
Last edited by Anonymous on 04 Aug 2004, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I don't really think that Leo had any chance to win, as they didn't get any help from The Gargoyle. They most probably would've won if The Gargoyle had given them some magic or information or something, as they were a definitely bright team with the potential to win.

However, I would've like to see them use the GLORY spell, even if it would've brought them their doom! I was fascinated as to how that trap would work - I'm imagining it would conjure up Mogdred in person, who could then just dispose of them immediately!

Oh, the opportunities!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

here's a thought, as the dungeon is always changing it might be plausable if the stardust, if shaken on the stained glass window could have revealed an exit here and not down one of the 4 'cliff' paths.
when confronting morghana? at this same place, Martins team might have revealed an exit here upon her defeat.

Not one of my best "might be plausable" if's but still... it MIGHT be plausable o_O
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Golgarach
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Golgarach »

I think both riddles that Leo and Martin were given were very tough, and very confusing. I thought the way the Gargoyle pressurized Leo didn't help matters either.  :(
Listen puny flesh! Nothing may you take with the earning. Nothing may you know without the learning.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I thought the way the Gargoyle pressurized Leo didn't help matters either.  :(
You can talk! Even I felt for for the little kidsies when you were shouting at them, dearie. When they ask you to repeat a question and you boom "Once, and Once Only!" it shakes the walls of my wellway room.

PS Can I borrow some sugar?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
NouCamp
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by NouCamp »

The quests of Leo and Martin remind me of the premiership and how referees give an offside goal which ultimately leads robs one team of any points.

In my opinion Leo and Martin were robbed of their glories and I think the dungeon was way too harsh on them.  We mustn't forget that level 3 is hard and needs thought - obviously, the stupid gargoyle didn't realise that and decided to put them under pressure, robbing them of some vital information to help them in their quest, totally unfair.

The dragon's question to Martin was also hard, not even some of the graduate cousins of mine could find the answer, and these are only school kids for god's sakes.

Would have been the best series by far had these two not been so harshly robbed of their glory.

The Mogdred spell, hmmmmmmmm, a good point.  If Leo's lot got it right, he may have given them a correct spell to use.  But if he didn't, mogdred's spell will have probably been the right one.