Series 3 - Episode 11

Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3 - Episode 11

Post by Porsmond »

So who watched last Saturdays episode of Knightmare and thought it was quite possibly the most funniest episode in the history of Knightmare. I had a blast watching this as the first team was so funny, here is what I mean  ;D ;D ;D

In the room with the Falling Tiles - they tryed to get him to the door as fast as they could, yet when he almost fell down be stepping to far to the right, one of the advisors literally YELLED at him to stop(OK mate, he's not deaf, but he probably was after that)

In the Room with the 4 Doors, and Mrs Grimwold - when they try to direct him out of the room, he goes too far right, and bumps into a wall(why didnt they tell him to stop) Also was that a sound effect that added in when he bumped the wall??

In the Room with the locked door to Level 2 - For some odd reason they direct him round the door as if they are trying to avoid it(why??) and when they are on it, they tell him to point the key down to the lock, and when it opens they yell at him to get off and they seem to react as if he died(dont panic, its the route to level 2 you twits)

In the room with the Oracle- when they try to direct him out,they whisper should they take the right door(ummmmm why there is no door to the right is there??) so I was shocked when they actually done this, Treguard could only watch stunned and tell them, There's no door there team, he he  ;D ;D

In the room with the Bird - they reacted very odd in this room as they thought the bird was a threat, yet he was acting helping then by giving them the third clue, so what do they do, They rush him out of the room very quickly, Thank heavens one of the advisors had very good hearing as he was the only one who heard the 3rd step clue because the other 2 thought he should get out as quickly as possible.

The Magic Step Room - where they ended their quest, Its a shame they messed up by not getting the first step clue(Overall they were quite a good team) but how they died was funny. To be fair its a fantastic jump and didnt he go well, however for some reason, he took 1 extra step forward when he didnt need too, what a shame

Well, a truely great episode, It was great to watch this one again(never realised how funny it was) and now i cant wait for next saturdays episode entitled The One with the Most Hilarious Death ever(I think you all know what I mean, here is a hint)

Hello, who's there
Ask the Goblins if they would like a present Julie ;)

Mu ha ha ha ha ha
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Jun 2004, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Last Saturdays Episode(8/2/03) Hilarious

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

They were a very funny team. In the 4 door Mrs. Grimwold room, after they've asked him to sidestep to his left, and he steps to his right and crashes into the wall, Scott still tries to maintain "That is my left" for a while. For some reason, I also love their encounter with Mrs. G. herself, from the moment she peeks around the doors ("There's something coming out from the wall") to when they shout out "What's your name" just as she's leaving.

They're quite funny in the previous episode too. They make a real struggle of the quicksand path. There's one moment where- unless it's been edited- they ask him to "turn diagonally to your left" when they should be asking him to turn to the right. Thankfully, it seems the dungeoneer doesn't know left from right and turns the other- in this case, the correct, direction. I also really like the time in the dwarf tunnels when an advisor shouts out "Look out" at the approach of an animated bat!

There are so many great comedy moments in Series 3. Team 3 are funny (walking straight off a cliff, one of the advisors wanting to put a bracelet in the knapsack, the advisor on the end who seems to say just about nothing and obviously was just brought along for the ride), Team 8 who start to walk off to the exit instead of telling Motley there's a snake behind him, plus Team 9 as we've talked about.
Well, a truely great episode, It was great to watch this one again(never realised how funny it was) and now i cant wait for next saturdays episode entitled The One with the Most Hilarious Death ever(I think you all know what I mean, here is a hint)

Hello, who's there

Ask the Goblins if they would like a present Julie ;)

Mu ha ha ha ha ha
Then this one! As I've said many a time, this is my all-time favourite Knightmare moment: very creepy (that eerie music, eww) and exceedingly funny ("Say hello to the goblins and ask them if they'd like a present") at the same time. Classic stuff.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I still maintain that the funniest death was Series 4 Team 4:

"Simon! Sidestep to your left".
"AAAARGH!"
"Oh... I mean right."

Still, I've only seen two episodes of Series 3.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Wong man - that is a funny moment, but THE single funniest Knightmare moment has to be when Mogdread possesses Treguard and makes him unable to speak. The team in question try to dispell "Shroud" but keep forgetting the "o." The Myatt-Master keeps trying to say the letter in a most melodramatic and crowd-pleasing manner. Eventually, he just blurts out "Letter O!" Hilarious. A classic which even beats the Blocker eting the dungeoneer who had turned into a goblin.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Nah! The BEST one has to be Akash's team from series 2!

btw: I wonder why they were the only team not to have the Wheel of Fate at the start of their quest?
Subject to change.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Sorry, but Wong Chung Bang is right, IMHO. If only for the shocked look on Pickle's face and Treguard burying his face in his hand!
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's a good point.

Actually, if you look very carefully, you can see David Learner desparately trying not to p*ss himself laughing!  :)
Subject to change.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Well, you know, a big hole opens to your left, it's obvious what to do...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Wong man - that is a funny moment, but THE single funniest Knightmare moment has to be when Mogdread possesses Treguard and makes him unable to speak. The team in question try to dispell "Shroud" but keep forgetting the "o." The Myatt-Master keeps trying to say the letter in a most melodramatic and crowd-pleasing manner. Eventually, he just blurts out "Letter O!" Hilarious. A classic which even beats the Blocker eting the dungeoneer who had turned into a goblin.
I'm going with this guy. It was an excellent piece of ad-libbing by Hugo.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

That was pretty good - and could the team be any more slow...? :p
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Glad you agree Mr BillyH (if that is your real name - mine actually is Mr T. By Spikes). Another good Treguard possession moment is when the old Witch (is she called Mildred?) impersonates Treguard to trick the dungeoneer into getting into the well/cauldron. The advisers look over and the Myatt-master just sits there looking like a constipated Wallace - his arms bolted to the chair and his hands moving side to side in almost a crazt showbiz manner. Brilliant - I think later series lacked these moments - the brilliance of early KM was that you never really knew what was going to happen next. Later on, it all became a bit formulaic and I sometimes felt that the programme didn't really know whre it was going. It became a hotchpotch of styles. For every genuinely exciting moment i.e. "Play your cards right" - which I think, along with "Trial by Spikes" is absolutely brilliant - you got rubbish Capt. Nemeanor's ship and, the worst creatures ever, Miremen - who were just comic, fat, Doctor Who rejects - I mean they even looked like the Marshmen from said series!
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

That's a good point.

Actually, if you look very carefully, you can see David Learner desparately trying not to p*ss himself laughing!  :)
I felt a bit sorry for the poor guy sometimes - he was supposed to be playing this naive lil elf, and had to keep a straight face all the time, but OH THE OPPORTUNITIES TO LAUGH! Especially when that girl backchatted Elita and and he literally cracked up - I kept rewinding it and watching it again, it made me laugh so much!!!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oh, yes! I like that bit, too.

Also, for the last team in series 4, when they were leaving the room just after getting the Eye Shield, Pickle was corpsing:

"It sees, Master, it sees!"

Hilarious!  ;D
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's probably one of the reasons why grown-ups liked it so much - as well as all the tension, they probably caught on to the fact that the actors had trouble keeping straight faces!

It must have been a real laugh on the sets!  :)
Subject to change.