Series 3 - Episodes 1/2

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: did ya see it?

Post by Kieran »

Why wait 'till then when you have them all on VHS?  ;)

Because the episodes from Challenge are far better than any VHS ones, they is crystal clear.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, through digital they're certainly very very clear. I'm getting the new clearer versions on tape, in response to whoever asked here or elsewhere if anyone was videoing them. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Jasonic
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jasonic »

I saw episode 2 for the first time today at 17:00, but was a bit confused when during the end credits, a guy  said 'catch some more classic Knightmare tomorrow' or words to that effect.  What are they going on about, I thought the next episode was on Saturday?
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

I seen yesterdays and todays, both where brilliant, I hope Challenge will show more  Seasons of it.
I Love Goblins
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I saw episode 2 for the first time today at 17:00, but was a bit confused when during the end credits, a guy  said 'catch some more classic Knightmare tomorrow' or words to that effect.  What are they going on about, I thought the next episode was on Saturday?
That was indeed very confusing. I'm supposing it was just the announcer (or recording?) getting it wrong. There's no KM scheduled on Challenge? tomorrow, if the Sky listings services are to be believed.

Challenge? really do seem to have trouble getting their annoucements to be coherent and correct.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 05 Jan 2003, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

lo, yeah is not on monday, only weekends, they probs used the same recording as before,
i was just getting back into it as they finished,
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Jasonic
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jasonic »

LOL! Grim I found it quite amusing that you first put 'That was very confusing' then changed it to 'That was indeed very confusing'  ;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

LOL! Grim I found it quite amusing that you first put 'That was very confusing' then changed it to 'That was indeed very confusing'  ;D
You're certainly observant, and I'm glad you were amused. The reason for the change is simple: as it was originally, my sentence was unclear as to whether it was Challenge's announcement that was confusing or your post! I thought the added word made the meaning clearer. I suppose my meaning was pretty obvious in the first place, but I didn't want anyone to misunderstand. People have taken offence at smaller things in the past- I just believe in trying to make my meaning as clear as possible.

First, a strange word addition, now an over-long explanation on a minor point. I really wonder what type of impression people get of me sometimes. ;)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

*salutes Grimmy* Language and Communications rep on a roll...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Jasonic
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jasonic »

They did it again this afternoon, episode 4 - more Knightmare tomorrow  ::)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yeh, I'll go and post something on their website about it. You'd think they could bother to get their announcements right.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 3 - Episodes 1/2

Post by MoanaLiza »

Please read this thread before commenting on tonights ep :).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Sorry, I didn't know what to do for this long description - post a new topic or reply to this 3-page one? I did the latter ;)

Lots of good things in this episode! I liked how the dungeoneer had to crawl into the hole in the wall - and came out in the clue room, still crawling!

First appearance of the new wall monster, Brangwen, in this episode. The mouth is 'real' but look carefully - they haven't set the cropping circle right! You can just see the actress's chin!
They should have got the first question right, one of the advisers actually said 'ribcage' - but the dungeoneer gave the answer as 'cage'!

I liked how the Corridor of Catacombs gets shorter as the wall moves in! Look when the wall is moving towards the nearest two doors and you'll see some 'dirt' on the walls. Animation/cel mistake?

Next, the scorpion from Series 2! This time, holes were added at the right so the dungeoneer couldn't cheat and dodge the sting by going up against the wall ;)
What was that bright white pixel near the bottom left of the screen though?

Beam Room from Series 2 reused, but this time with no beams. Instead, a precarious causeway going across - including a point where you have to take a diagonal step! I think it was unneccessary to make the dungeoneer turn right and left at the start, he should just have walked forward!

That's unusual, cutting straight from the middle of the coloured tunnel sequence to Motley and the maid talking to each other in the kitchen. A few seconds later, the dungeoneer obviously exits the tunnel and enters the room.
Was that sweat on Motley's costume in the close-up? ;D
First appearance of Mr Grimwold in this room, too!

I think the team were let off on the Serpent's Tongue. Even after many prompts from Treguard, the dungeoneer had to tell his advisers that he had an egg timer ;)
When the egg timer froze the serpent's tongue, they took their time getting across! They almost exited through the serpent's mouth before correcting their error and moving back!

Challenge made an edit in the next coloured tunnel scene! >:( You saw Mr Grimwold following behind them, with some knice synth music. However, Challenge cut straight to the dungeoneer speeding up and getting out of the corridor! Originally, Mr Grimwold stayed on screen for longer, and the advisers were saying things like "There's a man behind you, an ogre, doesn't look too friendly, can you speed up?"

Next, first appearance of Mrs Grimwold and her dog Festus! I like the sound effect for Festus, and how Mrs G always has to shout SHADDUP! at him ;)
When Mrs Grimwold starts doing her spell, notice the advisers start writing it down - even though they don't need it!

Interesting graphical effect used for the wellway sequence. Next, the first ever Spindizzy sequence! Oddly, there are no clues above the doors as to which one to take.

Motley's riddle was a bit hard to understand, but the team still worked it out!
Next, the raven/crow/whatever on its perch. Seems to exist just to be annoying ;) Gave them the 3rd Step clue though.

I like the new use of the 5-door room, with a giant's foot walking around behind them! Again, no clue as to which door to take.

I laughed out loud at him trying to invoke the first 'step' by singing Happy Birthday! Then, what sounded like a very forced, fake laugh for the second step. Also liked how he crawled all the way to Merlin's chair after getting the 3rd step!
Timed out in front of Merlin though.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Series 3 - Episode 2

Began with a Crystal Ball used for the progress support.

As the team crawled out of the pool room I heard another male voice shouting "down, down" and am sure that I read something about that on the site.

The Brangwen tested the team who had to get help from Treguard. They did guess ribcage, but they just said "cage"and this was disallowed. Music is the first step.

Through the moving wall room to where Mellisandre and Motley were talking before the dungeoneer walked in. Laughter is the second step.

Advisor said what we were all thinking when encountering Mrs. Grimwold:
"It's a women, or a . . . man?"

Down the wellway, over the "Spindizzy" to meet Motley. His puzzle was fairly easy considering that he pointed out the doors to the advisors.

The dwarf tunnels on level 2 seem to be read and the team meet the raven.
"Number 3 - squawk- is on your knee!"

Giant's foot room and then taking steps themselves in Merlin's new chamber. Is this the first time that a dungeoneer has sang?

Merlin appeared and began to test the dungeoneer at time out.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

I'm pretty sure I heard an advisor considering making the dungeoneer 'lie down' in order to navigate the broken ledge room in level 1! This would have been a novel way of getting across, but whether it would have worked we'll never know as we had a diagonal step across instead.

I agree that there were a number of prompts in the serpent's tongue chamber. One advisor was certain he could make it across, the dungeoneer wisely insisting use of the egg timer. Noticed how the dungeoneer was told to just 'move' and not in any particular direction as well!

Interesting review Tom41 :)
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!