Series 4 - Episode 2

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 4 - Episode 2

Post by Drassil »

Not only is this Michael Cule's first Knightmare episode but he debuts three characters: Fatilla, Brother Mace and Doorkis. This must be rare for a Knightmare actor, if not unique.

Fatilla wonders what Helen would taste like with orange sauce. From advisor Dominic's article in The Quest, we know that the Anglia TV canteen was serving duck a l'orange around that time, so this may be a coincidence or an inside joke.

Fatilla tells Helen to go "before I forget myself". Later, Brother Mace says "Ah, but I forget myself."

Conveniently, the Level 2 clue table has two items of food. Helen gets a banana after all.
Billy wrote: 10 Feb 2006, 09:35 What on earth's happened to Merlin, though? In Series 3 he had his own chamber, and now he's stuck in the stocks (sorry, pillory) pretending to be a prisoner.
You were right first time. Sit-down = stocks, standing = pillory.
MoanaLiza wrote: 04 Aug 2004, 21:04 Did anyone notice the dog right before Helen appeared just before she met Brother Mace?
I wonder what the explanation is for the dog. Are we meant to think it's a wild dog or even a wolf? Or perhaps one of the crew had brought their dog into work, it got caught on camera and Tim Child decided to include it.

I must admit to some slight disappointment when Brother Mace says "Quid agis, young lady?" and the BritBox subtitle is "HE GREETS HER IN LATIN", and when he tells Helen his joke - "Sacra templa, poeta taberna quaerabat"* and the BritBox subtitle is "HE SPEAKS MORE LATIN".

*"The priest was seeking the temple. The poet was seeking the pub."
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 - Episode 2

Post by Morghanna »

I'd never really noticed before but Helen certainly snatched that grub quickly at the level 2 clue table, before Gundrada could take any more. She wasn't always the most proactive dungeoneer, but she certainly didn't wait to be told there. :)
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D