Series 4 Episode 3

AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 Episode 3

Post by AriadnesLayer »

s4t8brett wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 14:15 or one of the parts would have had to have been pre-recorded, with the consequent lack of live performance, flexibility and interaction.
That's not to say it wouldn't have happened though. An in-person Mogdred transforning into a pre-recorded Merlin would have worked perfectly well. All the pre-recorded Merlin would have to do is say a couple of lines, reward the dungeoneer with whatever was needed (make a door appear or whatever) and then disappear.
asrl07
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by asrl07 »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 23:25 I like the idea that both BUT and TRANSFORMATION would have been used at some point.

However, to this day I think it kind of sucks that the team were supposed to be psychic and know that, on this one and only occasion in the entire show, the character they were facing was not going to wait patiently for them to spell out a long word.
I think the idea was they were in level 3, and at that level you are expected to work these things out for yourself.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

How could they possibly work that out when every other time, the actors wait patiently for the spell to be spelled out?
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

There was a hint in Mogdred's dialogue on the falling bridge, about Helen being 'too proud'. Looking back from later series, such hints would be more likely to be identified and taken into consideration - particularly with an overall enemy as was Lord Fear, and the Spyglass procedure. Perhaps if it's not the level of difficulty, it's the type of difficulty in that season that seems unfair to some of us.