Series 4 Episode 3

beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 Episode 3

Post by beamrider2600 »

Like we said, we will have a new topic for each episode of KM on challange.

OK - I don't think it was really made clear to team 1 what each spell did, BUT or TRANSFORMATION. I know which one I'd use in a hurry! Anyway, I'm glad they're gone because the wouldn't help that poor man in the stocks! ;D

What was up with Team 2's dungeoneer, Alastair? He must've been drunk or something. When he stepped onto the rotating platform he tripped, and then when it stepped off he nearly fell off. Actually, I watched it several times and I'm sure he touched the floor - you could just hear it.

It wasn't just then that he nearly fell over, he could never walk in a strait line throughout.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 Episode 3

Post by Catacombite »

Havent posted on here for a bit but im back now

I remeber the death of the 1st team from when i saw the episode originally  ;D I reckon you are right the dungeoneer must had been drunk or something  ::) also did the advisor sitting in the middle for the second team look petrified or was it just me.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

for a start...have you *ever* tried to step onto a rotating platform? its incredable weird and easy to fall over. now add to this the fact that the kid can't see shit and the fact that the advisors didn't even tell him if the platform was rotating clockwise or anticlockwise and i can completely forgive him for nearly falling over. also stepping from a rotating platform to still ground is just as hard.

i think they must have realised how evil a first room this was and so scrapped it in series 5.

even if he was let off he should have been.

and he many times was walking in a stright line, just not striaght up or down the room..blame advisors not the blind guy ;D

BTW: i aint trying offend either of you, i just had to have my thoughts on this out.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

We're just poking fun - actually I'd probably be a useless dungeoneer because my sence of balance is pathetic.

I'm sure we've all tried stepping on a rotating platform at a theme park with a water ride (you know, where the cars are attatched to the rotating platform and you get in them) - more fun than the actual ride. ;D
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

im sure ;) but i thought the kid deserved some sorta support ;D

beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

HA! I noticed some graffiti on the wall of a dungeon when I was re-watching this episode.

Right at the very beginning, when team 1 are going down the steps (with the eye-shield), you can just make out a word carved into the wall on the right-hand side. I know they used clips and pictures from a lot of real castles for series 4 (in my mind, it dosn't look as good as the other series), so I guess it must've been real. ;D ;D

Its really right at the very beginning, so I'd like it if someone else checked it out and agreed with me.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

It's there, yes, just before 2 minutes into the program.  You see the view from behind the advisors, then it switches back to full screen as the eye shield pans right, and it's there on the wall.

I've just spent a fruitless 20 minutes or so trying to screenshot it, but due to my graphics card being Clever (grr) and using overlays, all that comes out is a black screen :-/ if I get a shot I'll upload it for you.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

::)Re: Series 4 Episode 3

Post by Pickle123 »

i'll take a look for that in a minute. know what it says?

*looks*

looks like it was hacked into the rock :o

somthing like "Ga--i"  with another word after it maybe the second begins with P? blegh. ::)

Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Looks to me like GavIII and then a P. Possibly GAVIN and the P is part of another bit of graffiti, done at a different time. Hard to tell though since whatever's after the P is obscured by the eye-shield border.
Last edited by Tom41 on 06 Jun 2003, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 4...

Post by Wolfshead »

Slightley off topic, but what would the BUT spell have done and what would the TRANSFORMATION spell have turned Helen into?
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

TRANSFORMATION was a really evil piece of work by the producers. The problem there was the team would have to have worked out, in about one second, that spelling out TRANSFORMATION at the speed they usually do would never be fast enough to save them. Instead, they would use BUT, which is quick. TRANSFORMATION, therefore, doesn't do anything. It's a "trap" spell.

BUT would have probably sent the magic sword straight back into that evil witch baddy (I'm terrible with names).
4 line sigs yada yada yada
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

It was Mogdred who sent the sword that killed Helen.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

I know, I just looked it up. I'm SOOOOOOOOO embarassed lol. I had Malice in my head because she also had a stint on the crumbling bridge.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It doesn't take long to figure out that TRANSFORMATION takes a while to spell, so they really should've had that in mind as soon as Hordriss granted it to them (especially with the comparison with how short the other spell was). I imagine it would probably have been used a similar way as the TRANSFORM spell from season 3.

As for what BUT would do, I think it would redirect the sword, but not necessarily straight back at Mogdred.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

BUT was described as 'quite humble' by Hordriss. My theory (and we can only really speculate) is that it would plant a seed of doubt in Mogdred's mind, leading him to say something like, 'But why should I kill you so soon? Take a moment to breathe your last...' giving them time to cast the other spell.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.