Series 4 Episode 6

Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Series 4 Episode 6

Post by Leggy1210 »

Series 4 Episode 6 posted! (http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html)

"The bells, Master! The bells!"
"I know, Pickle.  You're a half-wit elf, not a demented hunchback."

I've also upped a higher quality copy of the Knightmare Cult Selection spotlight.
"Side-foot to your right...!"
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 Episode 6

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

My favourite was "You can bet your life on it.  After all others do".

I thought it was a fairly slow episode with no life threatening situations whatsoever.  19 minutes was on the clock and not much had happened.  At that point in Series 3 they would have been almost blown up, chased by a few goblins and had a meeting with Mrs G.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

well thats getting repeated after this so hold on another week or so ;)

i'll give thoughts on the episode after i come home from work...ZZZZzzzZZZZ :-/
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 Episode 6

Post by Tom41 »

Since the previous ep timed out as soon as they entered the place of choice, it resumed here today. Pickle tried to make them choose the crown, but Treguard intervened again ;)
Excellent navigation going round the spindizzy disc, and we learn that the dungeoneer can indeed see the ledges on the edge of the disc!
After passing through the door, you'll see the adviser's screen black out. My guess is that it stayed black until they had set up the next room for the team.

Next was the drawbridge room with Dooris. Pickle told them the calling, but the adviser telling Nicola the calling messed it up slightly! Nicola somehow called out the right words though, and Dooris set them the 3 true/false riddles. Scored 3/3 and the drawbridge opened.

Hordriss was in the Eye Shield room this time. He took some details (and Pickle complained that they were handing out calling names!). Then Hordriss launched into a sort of job interview =P before asking to retrieve a small object for him (the dagger of darkness) and gave his calling name. Then allowed the team to take the eye-shield.

Lengthy eye-shield sequence, in which goblin horns sounded! Then entered the forest clearing - with two people there. One was Brother Mace, the other had a hooded face. From Brother Mace's dialogue, it appears that the hooded guy (Brother Silence) was an assasin! Mace made a 'silencer' which he used to knock out Brother Silence ;).

Brother Mace led Nicola into Oakley's glen, which had items on the stump as usual. After taking the food, Oakley appeared and set them the standard 3 riddles. Scored 2/3 on the riddles (after passing on the 2nd question, I think the only team to ever have said 'pass' for a riddle!). Gained information, SMALL will let them take a path others may not follow.
Listen out for the advisers confirming with Treguard the number of items they're allowed to take, and whether the fish (food) counted as an item. Took the SMALL potion and the gold bar.

After another eye-shield sequence, entered the ruins of Dungarth. Encountered Fatilla the Hun at the gate, and bribed him with the gold. "One little measly solid gold bar?". He also looked at the other item, the SMALL potion - which he had no use for, he would prefer a LARGE!

In the next room, there looked like a very small door that she couldn't go through at normal size. Opened the SMALL bottle, and some magical stars appeared to come from it. (Look out for another hint of a mouse pointer here). Nicola appeared much smaller, and was able to pass through the door.
Came out of the fireplace and encountered Motley, who was still normal size! Timed out before Nicola could say anything.

Same 'prototype intro' used under the credits.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 4 Episode 6

Post by HarveyTowers »

Team started at the place of choice and choose the Crown as Pickle suggested. I’m glad he could see it; all I could see was a Challenge logo advertising “Gameshow Gods.”

Into the Level 1 door chamber and then met Hordriss at a table. Today’s pact was to retrieve the dagger of darkness – just to prove he was “of the grey” (He obviously touches up the red bits)

Onto a Klassic Knightmare scene with Brother Mace and Brother Silence the Backstabber (aka an Assassin) This provides more comic relief and isn’t relevant to the game – but is fun anyway!

Oakley in the next glen – got 2 out of 3 (presumably Romulas and Remus was the missing answer) before bribing Fatilla with the Gold.
“Small, no I’m large!”

Used the SMALL potion to get through the door – last season this would have been a spell. Timed out as they met Motley.

“The bells, master! The bells”

Had our little title sequence again.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 4 Episode 6

Post by Billy »

Not to rubbish the team, who seem ok, but nothing of note really happened in this episode. I can't think of anything to say about it.

Good scene in this episode with Brothers Mace and Silence though, who's fanclub at one time exceeded 5 million memberships (not really). Ok, so he was an assassin all along, but we should have seen more of him. He could have been Lord Fear's top henchman in Series 5.

And Motley appears at last! All we'd seen of Paul Valentine so far is the Boatman, and that's hardly 'seen'!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The Place of Choice also gets the "You're in a room" line.

Note Hordriss writing with an anachronistic biro or pencil instead of his usual quill! Sounds like plastic when he drops it on the table. (He still pretends to dip it in the inkwell, though!)

Watch out for another goof in this episode, where they've obviously tried to cover up an error made by the dungeoneer. Brother Mace gives Nicola some bread, and her life force returns to condition green, even though she's clearly sitting on the knapsack and hasn't touched the food. The bread remains on the table in front of her for half the scene, then disappears suddenly in between shots - you can also hear a sound edit where Mace's laugh is abruptly cut off!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mike Cule's face after knocking out the Assassin - I don't think he was acting when he burst out laughing! ;D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Tom41 wrote:Then Hordriss launched into a sort of job interview =P before asking to retrieve a small object for him (the dagger of darkness).
Over 25 years since this episode was first shown - yet only today whilst watching the Challenge repeat did I clock on to this which struck me as amusingly interesting.

A Fighting Fantasy reference in Knightmare? Who'd have thought it! ;D :green:
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Very slow paced-episode.
Team 3 told Nikki to choose her own timing off the spindizzy. Somewhat unorthodox, but she made a better job of it than some teams. :)
Mixed performance against Dooris. They got away with a mistake. A man-of-war is a jellyfish, not actually a fish.
They encountered Hordriss and seemed uncertain whether to accept his pact, but agreed. Interesting that Hordriss wanted them to fetch a dagger of darkness. Presumably he was in one of his darker-grey days. ;D
An amusing scene with Brother Mace (already becoming the star of the series) who dealt with an assassin, then helped them into Oakley's glen.
2/3 against Oakley and i thought advisor Corrina was going to get the other answer. Eventually chose the gold to go with the "small" potion. I can't believe they needed to ask Treguard if the food counted as a clue item. That's basic adventurer's code stuff! By series 4 teams should know this. ::)
Used the gold to bribe Fatilla and then used the "small" potion to escape the goblins just before time-out arrived.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Morghanna wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 20:35 Mixed performance against Dooris. They got away with a mistake. A man-of-war is a jellyfish, not actually a fish.
Actually, it's neither! The Portuguese man o'war is a siphonophore - effectively a colony of organisms living together as one - as opposed to being a true jellyfish (which is a single organism). It's certainly not a fish, in any case!

I agree that this was a slow episode. The massive factual error above aside, it's not a terrible episode - I've just never found it particularly inspiring.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Ah, you learn something new every day. Thanks for the correction. :)
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D