Alternative Series 4 Endings!

King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Alternative Series 4 Endings!

Post by King_Gazz »

The ending of series 4 should have had giles and co about to start the transporter pads and pickle saying the dungeon is going 180 degrees master instead of the season ending like that they should have been transported to a deeper dungeon and meet mogdread for the final encounter.

just as mogdread is about to destroy them one of the advisors spell cast the tiny spell and defeat mogdread once and for all. they then enter the next room and see the cup of heels (their quest) as times running out the trumpet for season close as in series 3 appears. Merlin then appears  at treguards chamber and giles goes to get the cup on the 2nd blow.

Now giles has the cup pickle is panicking 2 merlin to return giles and the cup back to the chamber, just as the 3rd blast is being blown Merlin spell casts Giles back to the chamber and giles and co wins the quest.
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's not a bad idea, Gazz, but you just know that if it had happened we'd have had the same tedious arguments about cheating and shortcuts that there were over Dunstan's quest in S8.

I stand by what I said before, I think Dunstan's win was fair enough (overlooked slice-up on the blades corridor notwithstanding), but I know not many agree, so we can be sure the same argument would've broken out if Giles had gone the same way.

And that would've been a shame. As things stand, Giles' team are rightly celebrated as one of the greatest teams never to win Knightmare. They'd be remembered as cheats and freeload-winners if they'd been given a shortcut, just like Dunstan and co are.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

agree there HStorm got any other ideas or your friends 4 the series 4 finalies that didnt happen?
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, here's one...

Just as Merlin is making his speech about Xmas approaching, we cut away to Mogdred's cave far below, where the necromancer is having dinner with the ghost of the Gruagach...

Gruagach:  I'm warning you, Mogdred. I'm sick of your wretched cliche-riddled dialogue!

Mogdred:  I assure you it will stop, my Master.

Gruagach:  Good! I'll annihilate your physical form if I hear you recycle just one more of your contemptible threatening huff-puffs. Got it?

Mogdred:  Message received and understood.

Gruagach:  Good. Now what's on the menu for dinner?

Mogdred:  Red wine, scalloped potato, lightly fluffed cabbage-and-vine leaf stew, and today's special poutlry dish...

Gruagach:  Which is?

Mogdred:  Quail!   Oh no...!

*BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!*
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

LOL  ;D
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Perhaps the Christmas ending of Series 4 was intended to be a dramatic foil for Lord Fear to appear at the very start of Series 5. After all, Merlin says "There's nothing to fear".

As our Level 2 was unusually short (the shortest ever?!) - at least that's my opinion - maybe the Block and Tackle was moved from Level 2 to make the ending more dramatic. Possibly the Transporter Pad room (which we completed successfully, by the way) too - though it shares the same atmospheric background as the Valley of Decision.

Stickly strictly to the original plan, then, perhaps the Block and Tackle would have appeared somewhere on Level 2, hopefully with the straight-ahead entry from which all other teams prior to Team 7 benefited. We would have got through that. After the Valley of Decision, we would have had the Transporter Pad room, then the confrontation with Mogdred (patterned on Teams 1 and 6) - where we would have used the TINY spell, followed by the last Weeping Door and then the retrieval of the Cup.