Series 5 - Episode 12

Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 - Episode 12

Post by Morghanna »

Hordriss gifted team 6 a "BAG" spell to try to retrieve Elita's voice.
Shortly afterwards, a haunting appeared and one of the advisors (Ian?) quickly cast the spell, without any consultation. Nothing happened.
In the next room, Elita's voice "materialised" and they were able to cast "BAG" again, even tho they had already wasted it, and it worked. Another let-off? :-/
More inevitable abuse from Elita when she got her voice back, but at least she gave them the level 2 password.
Their demise on the causeway was a sudden shock. They chose the correct path, but took far too long on one block and it fell away without warning. 8-o
There was no timer on the causeway, so it could have been deemed harsh, but they had already had two reprieves, so i guess they could hardly complain.

Team 7 made a slow start.
I felt really sorry for Chris when he was trying to read that menu in the "Crazed Heifer", with the helmet of justice apparently causing him problems with his glasses. :(
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Morghanna wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 16:14 Hordriss gifted team 6 a "BAG" spell to try to retrieve Elita's voice.
Shortly afterwards, a haunting appeared and one of the advisors (Ian?) quickly cast the spell, without any consultation. Nothing happened.
In the next room, Elita's voice "materialised"
As the Smiths didn't quite sing in 1984: "I was looking for a gob and then I found a gob, and Heaven knows I'm miserable now."

S5 T6 - Elita's voice.jpg
GrimaldineGrimwold wrote: 16 Nov 2003, 02:30 The team thinking Elita's voice insulting them is a question is great
Tom41 wrote: 05 Sep 2004, 18:37 When they WERE ready for the BAG spell to be cast (with Elita's voice), it took them FOREVER to realise that the voice was there and needed capturing!
I found the advisors' confusion towards Elita's voice disappointing. Speculation: the intention was for the team to have some interaction with the voice and establish its identity before spellcasting BAG (...again).

The disembodied mouth reminds me of the intro to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Series 5 cast member Rayner Bourton, who was in the original RHPS stage cast, may have thought the same.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Drassil wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 19:05 I found the advisors' confusion towards Elita's voice disappointing. Speculation: the intention was for the team to have some interaction with the voice and establish its identity before spellcasting BAG (...again).
Yes I suspect the producers were a bit disappointed too. But it was short-sighted on their part not to forsee that the team would interpret it as a wall monster-esque riddle to be answered. She shouldn't have asked a question like that.