Series 5 - Episode 10

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 10 (Mon. 10th)

Post by Purgatory »

^ i've always asked myself that question,  Just run for it lol.  

I liked this episode, a death, a pretty silly one to, and we got to see a rarther amuseing spy glass section.. i was then wondering if they where even going to put it down..    good job that.. whats his face was there... isnt he mant to be a bad guy anyway??
And i thought the box should have never been opend?

the new team look set.. picked up the right objects i believe.  Hordriss was a bit cheesy
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Wonder what would happen if somebody just ran straight down the middle of the causeway  ;D
Hehe... another of those little things I covered in a Knightmare fan-script I did a couple of years back! :)

Well, I got to see the episode! Thought this will mean things'll be fiddly for the next two Mondays for me. Anyhow, for the episode... Jenna, any light on what your advisors were playing at when they sent you to the sword block? They seemed pretty sure about sending you to that block (i.e. it's not as if you stepped a little too much to the side), which leaves me somewhat baffled as to what they were thinking!

As for the new team... an interesting quest so far for sure! Clue room nigh on straight away, THEN the Decender into Level 1 (are we to assume the Clue Room was in Level 0? :) ), and being able to carry 3 objects at once! They'll probably be entering Level 2 by flying carpet next! That aside, a decent looking team so far!
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Jenna, any light on what your advisors were playing at when they sent you to the sword block? They seemed pretty sure about sending you to that block (i.e. it's not as if you stepped a little too much to the side), which leaves me somewhat baffled as to what they were thinking!

YES, Jenna, Please reveal all cause I'm puzzled too. I mean they sent you onto the next block from the first one and then directed you to the left which made me think they were about to direct you onto the next correct block which would have been the helmet but for some reason, they direct you back to the right and make you walk on the wrong one??? so what made your friend think it was the Sword block because was'nt it obvious to her it was just meant to be the Helmet and Shield Blocks considering your team chose DEFENSE blocks

Also silly question time but something I've always wanted to know. You know when it shows the animation of you falling into the ground, Is that all done by computer because I'm guessing you didnt have to fall down a small gap in order for them to get that bit of footage did you??
Wonder what would happen if somebody just ran straight down the middle of the causeway
Its funny but I had that thought today while watching knightmare as well. I keep thinking why dont they just tell their dungeoneer to run in a straight line as fast as they can, Surely it would work but Its probably not in the rules :(
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dunshelm »

The new team do seem to have a very castle orientated level 1. I don't think there is a single castle scenery that they do not pass through lol.

The one thing I noticed about this episode was the scroll which appeared in Jennas quest, yet Hordriss doesn't reveal himself to be Harris until the other team take over. I remember writing in to that competition and putting 'MALIFACT' and just praying I'd be picked. Oh well, seems I was wrong.

But i agree when someone said it is too quiet! It is.
There should be skulls to force them on their way, and why did they totally abandon the scary pookas- i know they come back in series 6 but completely unscary - ah well.

One thing I liked about series 4 was each place had a history. The hall of choice, the eye shield room and the legend on that, the forrest of dun, the crazed heffer, all had a legend which Pickle knew of. Even Oakley.
In series 5 nothing has a history or legend or mythology its just 'Oh no master its a blocker'

And it is annoying the way Treguard goes 'I think thats the door at the back' when its blatantly obvious. Definitely not one of the better series.
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
DeadDungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DeadDungeoneer »

Hiya,

My sister told me to step on the sword because she really couldn't SEE the other hexagon because where I was standing I was blocking it, and she couldn't tell what it was. She thought it might be like a Frightknight's helmet or something, whereas she figured you can defend yourself with a sword! So that was why.

For my death, I stood in the blue room, someone said one, two, three, and I just had to put both arms in the air and lean to one side! Very exciting!

Oh and I didn't put the spyglass down because I wasn't holding it! Julius Scaramonger was because my hands were full!  :D

Jenna
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Im actually very suprised they kept the "Another name for Hordriss" message in the show..

Jennas team were not as bad as some others, but they didnt bring anything special to the floor. I wonder why one adviser chose to say nothing at all? Stagefright  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hiya,

My sister told me to step on the sword because she really couldn't SEE the other hexagon because where I was standing I was blocking it, and she couldn't tell what it was. She thought it might be like a Frightknight's helmet or something, whereas she figured you can defend yourself with a sword! So that was why.

For my death, I stood in the blue room, someone said one, two, three, and I just had to put both arms in the air and lean to one side! Very exciting!

Oh and I didn't put the spyglass down because I wasn't holding it! Julius Scaramonger was because my hands were full!  :D

Jenna
Hi! That's very interesting. At what point did you all know that you'd lost? Did someone call out "right, hold it there!" to you? Back in the antechamber, did the screen go blank? Many questions. :)
Subject to change.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Quote from Andrea on another forum:
(Remember, I thought Sword was a defensive symbol...) What they actually did at that point was cut the screen black (as soon as we went wrong) then started clapping. Later they filmed my sister in the blue room - she had to drop to the ground and fling her arms up in the air. Then they spliced the two bits together so she falls and spins...
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Ah, I see! Thanks for that. :)
Subject to change.
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

WhiteDevil wrote:Jennas team were not as bad as some others, but they didnt bring anything special to the floor. I wonder why one adviser chose to say nothing at all?
I was team captain so that makes it Andrea's team. Jenna was just the dungeoneer, and you didn't even see her face through the quest.

And what did you want us to bring to the floor? Flashy smiles, and sharp-witted humour?

One adviser chose to say nothing because she was 1) shy 2) hadn't seen the programme before 3) didn't know what was going on 4) was only there to make up numbers. I didn't even KNOW her!

I find it a teensy bit sad that people are still analysing episodes in depth, 17 years on. It's a bit like Star Wars fans - they scrutinise every last minute, and discuss everything like they're experts. Just watch the show, enjoy it, and CHILL!

If you didn't make it on to the programme, you DON'T have a CLUE what it was like filming it. It's COMPLETELY different to how it comes out. It's very disjointed, very overwhelming, and quite frankly, you don't have time to think. It's only afterwards that you get a pretty good idea of what's going on, but when you're filming a series you've never seen before, it's all brand new, and you don't know what they have planned. You also don't have years-worth of analysing previous episodes, because you may have watched the programme in the past when you were 11 years old, but you never actually expect to get on it. You're not watching every little thing, and taking in every little rule, phrase, comment, and mistake that every pervious team has ever made. It doesn't work like that.

And now I've refreshed my mind on series one, our team lasted a HELL of a lot longer than most of the early teams ever did. And at least we knew the phrase "side-step".
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
http://www.soundclick.com/theclimb
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 5 Episode 10 (Mon. 10th)

Post by Rainecloud »

Analyzing is bad. xD

Your team did well (from what I can remember). You should be proud of yourself.

And yes, you were one of only a few teams to use the amazingly useful side-step maneuver.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

I'm just really proud I was involved with such a top-notch show. It's better than any kids' shows I've seen in the last decade. (Not that I make a habit of watching children's tv.)

We were picked out of thousands of wannabees for that series, because Jenna and I flew through the audition, and we earnt our place on there. It was just very different when we were in the studio.
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
http://www.soundclick.com/theclimb
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

Believe it or not, I'm actually chuffed to bits that I'm in semi-contact with a team member I watched die when I was 4 years old.

Goodness, that's sad. xD
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Wasn't your team from Exeter, Andrea? Cos if you were, that's my birthplace!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Jayren wrote: Believe it or not, I'm actually chuffed to bits that I'm in semi-contact with a team member I watched die when I was 4 years old.

Goodness, that's sad. xD
Said like that, it sounds quite metaphysical, too. In contact with someone who died in 1991? You must be a medium.

("No, I'm a petite, actually." Boom boom!)

What the hell am I talking about? ::)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"