Series 5 Episode 14

Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 5 Episode 14

Post by Catacombite »

They're buying a CHANGE spell from Julius Scaramonger, not make a difference because they possibly screwed up in the clue room earlier.

Oh dear the CHANGE spell backfired LOL, well they are royally screwed now arent they, and they cant get the firestone out of the ice (royally screwed doesnt cover it really).

Theyve met brother mace and they are convincing him that Chris isnt a goblin.  Apparently they need motleys clown on a stick to give to motley (i was right then) lol well not much else to say is there lol

Ah heres the blocker, they need the password and I dont think they have it, well that was the blockers breakfast sorted :D

DISMISS

End of Part 1

They made too many mistakes, buying they CHANGE spell, leaving Motleys stick for example, they did a good job convincing Brother Mace though.  Cant believe they thought the floor puzzle solution would get them past the blocker, I guess they may had got the password from brother mace if Chris wasnt a goblin :P
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 14 (Wed. 19th)

Post by Catacombite »

Part 2

Current Score 6-1 to the opposition

ENTER STRANGER

Well now we have a new team, the Dungeoneer is Duncan and his advisors are Ian, Deborah and Richard.  They are going for the sword.

Theyve gone straight onto the back of Smirkanoff who'll no doubt take them to the start of level 1, they had to tell Smirky to land (have they had to do this before?)

Ok theyve landed in a town (no doubt scaring the natives) and they are heading towards some houses and seem to have found a clue room.  Ok theres some silver, some bread, a scroll, a candle, a dagger and a helmet.  The scroll tells them to buy a key (so the silver is needed) they take the silver and the candle.

What a suprise (sarcasm) heres Julius Scaramonger again who'll no doubt have the key which was mentioned in the scroll.  He's selling Philosiphers Stones lol.  Ok so theyve got the key off Julius using the silver.  So far so good.

Theyve been given a Spy Glass, time for some Opposition spying fun :P  OOOOOOOooooooh Julius is chatting with Lord Fear, he's told him he sold them the key, theyve got the password for level 1 aswell.

Ok so theyve entered a dark room (good job theyve got the candle).......

BONG

Well this new team is doing alright so far, they seem less inept than the previous team but its just a matter of waiting and seeing.  At least they got the right objects from the clue room it seems.  Cant be many episodes left so they better get a move on if they want to finish (im not looking to see if they do).  
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

What would I do without my jesters wand... Old faithful, helped Leo get rid of Olaf once...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Well, all I can say is "damn you NTL". For once I got up this morning in time to see the 10am showing of Knightmare AND not have something else on which my Dad wants the TV for... only to find we've been cut off. And I doubt we'll be up and running for the 7pm showing, so that's me scuppered for this episode. Bastards.

I just hope they're up and running in time for Friday... there's something about the episode then that I badly want to see.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Not one to put a dampener on things, but if you look closely at the new team, you'll see that only one advisor is doing the majority of the guiding - that being Ian
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Not a bad episode, Its a shame this current team died but it was their own fault for not taking Motley's stick especially when the advisors did tell Chris to take the Stick only for Chris to refuse to take it for some very stupid season.

Loved the Death sequence though, not sure what made them think the colour code was the password, but I think it was obviously clear they had made a mistake so it was just something to try and get through, although how on earth can you get the colour sequence wrong anyway when being told what to say.

this new team(Team 8) made me laugh on Smirkenorff though when they told the Dragon to land. I dont think this needed to be done, I'm sure he was going to land there anyway.

Oh Well, only 2 episodes to go now till Series 5 finishes, Its going to be sad to see yet another series end, but lets not complain, Its still been fab to see yet another series of Knightmare on television.

Also for anyone wondering whats happening after Series 5 has finished, Challenge did confirm that Series 5 should be repeated again mid December on the same days it is currently shown I think, but after that, who knows??Maybe 3 and 4 will be repeated again but nothings been confirmed about that as yet.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

tbh I have no sympathy with this team, Chris must have been the MOST dense dungeoneer ever, not so much bad advising as a stupid dungeoneer who refused to take the correct item, gave 2 items to Skarkill when 1 was needed, bought CHANGE spell, got the combo wrong when saying it to the blocker (not that it would have worked anyway) and seemed to mishear/not see almost anything in his quest.
   New team made a promising start, sadly another Smirky ride which really doesnt work for me. Good clue objects taken, dealt well with Scaramanger and got lvl 1 password. Ended in dark room, sadly a mere 2 episodes left. Hopefully Challenge will buy S4 but you never know do you?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I wonder what would have happened if Chris would've met Skarkill? Would Skarkill have been fooled? I think it would've been interesting to see what would've happened. Anyway Chris didn't half look uncomfortable in those trousers/leggings/tights/what ever they were he was wearing. I take it that the blocker was added in earlier than it was supposed to as they didn't have motley's Clown on stick, so of course they couldn't have got much further anyway. If they would've taken it then would they have met Motley before they came accross the firestone. I believe the quest would've been a lot different had they have taken the stick. I believe they made vital mistakes right from near the very start (possibly from the very first set of clue objects).

(I waffle on as usual ::))
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Chris did meet Scarkill in Level One on Monday's episode. I think they did the right thing - you'd always try to bribe someone with riches (in this case a gem) first.

Regarding Level Two, the scroll said "Fair Trade Is No Robbery" implying Switch and not Change. The matter of selecting Motley's folderall (sp?) was more down to luck, though, since there was no actual clue given that they should take it. Switch would have given them the Firestone and the folderall would have summoned Motley, from whom they would have got the password.
Subject to change.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

you do know that the 'Goblin' was played by someone else, and that Chris wasn't doing the talking.

Anyway looseing the 2 objects in the other ep wasn't a mistake.  and it didn't effect the cause of this ep.  
but i very much doubt the 'switch' spell would have relased the fire stone anyway..   seems to be they where ment to become a goblin but with the clowns help they would have gotten the correct spell and gone back in get the fire stone.  

Looking forward to seening what this key is used for.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

The Chris-goblin section made me laugh so much, it was just hilarious, especially the voice!  Even the team were laughing at it! :D  I wonder what would've happened if they'd taken the folderol but still ended up being a goblin - how far would've they been able to get after passing the Blocker with Motley's password?  Hmm...I'll just have to imagine.

I'm not keen on this new team - they don't have any dynamic and they're not enthusiastic.  The dungeoneer didn't even describe the objects straight away which they usually do by themselves - he had to be told to do it!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Definately a slow team. The blocker scene was good, however i did think Chris was the goblin, another person just voiced over... I agree there was no clue to take Motley's jester head on-a-stick, but the scroll should have been heeded when choosing a spell.. I think if i was on there i would write every spell, and scroll message at the top in massive letters  ;D

Although the new ones seem promising i think the central and right advisors need to do more guiding. Treguard actually had to prompt Debroah (sp?) to guide the dungeoneer, and the boy on the right hasnt said a word  >:(

I think glasses-boy (i feel qualified to say that since i do too  ;D ) should let the other 2 do a bit of the work..
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

the guy on the right is the one doing the advising,
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Chris did meet Scarkill in Level One on Monday's episode.
I meant when he was as a goblin.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Shouldn't they have asked Julius what the spells do before buying one?

This team were screwed and screwed up in equal doses.

1: No clue what objects to take.  It was an equal chance that either the feather or Motley's stick would be the right one.  Success would be down to a complete guess which is hardly fair.

2:  Another guess on what spell to buy.

Still the turning into a goblin was hysterical.  The squeaky voice had me in stitches.  
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)