Series 6 - Episode 4

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re:Saturday's episode

Post by Purgatory »

It doesn't matter,
the fact that the scroll gave clues to take the gold and they didn't. we don't know how things would have been played out if they took the correct item.

But level 2 what a load of garbage, they pretty much had nothing to worry about it was so easy.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I reckon they should have had a yellow gem or something similar to the elven and fire stones.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I assumed they should have taken the bag of gold on the table and not the firestone, because that was where the scroll was too. There wouldn't have been much point in telling them that then, if it was the witch amber they needed, because they already didn't have the witch amber. Does that make sense? Gold is more amber than a firestone is ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I never saw it, but if I were them I'd take anything which looks like any shade of yellow! ::)
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Yeah, that would have made a whole lot of sense ;)
Strange they didn't really, they were a really good team.
"You're in a room..." ;)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I liked their interaction with the other characters... :)

They were polite. The next dungeoneer said something rather arrogant to one of his advisors:

Advisor: "Take two sidesteps to your left..."
Dungeoneer: "Does it help I can see the table!"

::)
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Yeah, I always like polite teams :) It's good to say thank you! ;) And Sumaya was really good - she didn't always have to be spoonfed by her advisors. Yeah, this new team seems a bit arrogant - maybe they'll improve with tonight's episode...*looks forward to it* ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I can't see it until 01:30am but I'm not risking it...

That's why I want them to shift it back to an earlier place, 'cos my Mom and Dad are there before me watching something else and my VCR is packing up
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I always set the tape for the 1:30 one, cos someone else is always using the TV at 7:30. It's annoying, cos it means I only get one chance to tape it and if the VCR craps up, then I miss it - which is what happened with the first one, no-one had put the VCR clock forward an hour, grrrr....still, since then it seems to be working ok. Yeah, what is with VCRs??! They never work properly...good luck with making yours behave ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

*snerk* It would be so much easier using Sky Plus wouldn't it? ;D
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Only if you've got Sky+, can't you tell the person/people that what you're watching is more important than they are watching or get them to watch it on another tele, unless of course they are they bill payer, then that would be a bit difficult. I always find that people want to watch something when I do. They wont watch anything other times, just mainly when I want to. I can't catch the early morning ep as it's too late. I doubt I'll be able to watch any of tonight's ep because my mum has decided to watxh tele!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Amber and yellow look nothing alike,

The scroll said Gamble and there was a bag of gold.

Was is a fire stone or Blood stone?? is there really and difference?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:series 6 team 2..so unfair

Post by Selphie »

Re the whole witch amber debate: I think the necklace did look amber, or at least enough that they should have thought a bit more about it. I can see why they didn't immediately link the necklace with the amber but I don't think it was so obscure. The shield drink was a good call and a nice tie in with their quest. The whole clue room seemed a bit rushed, maybe they thought about it a lot more and we just didn't see it.

LF : Now, who should I shout at?
*giggles* classic LF. Love it. On a random tangent his nails are very cool.

Witch Haven looks nice, very grand. I think it was a shame they got rid of it for S7. I really felt for the team at the moment when they realised that they had the wrong item from the clue room and that the necklace was in fact amber. S6 also seems to have a lot more rooms; for example I don't think that we see the room Sumaya dies in again. I do quite like the falling skeleton graphic for the life force death although it never was as scary as the original face (but still a million times better then the S8 pie.....).

Next up team 3. All the teams so far seem to have been quite old. Another lad who's taller then Treguard! Anyone know how tall Hugo Myatt actually is out of interest?

The "I reckon the magnifying glass is magical" is an odd comment. Also when he reads the scroll and says "No, you can't get it off" is that the ribbon he can't get off? In which case it's surely a bit silly that the team can see the scroll on the screen.
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Summayya has actually posted on the forum - and has a sense of humour about the necklace mix-up:
pixie wrote: By the way, I personally blame our demise on cultural ignorance...I mean, how were we supposed to know that was an amber necklace (seriuosly)? You see, we're from an asian background and the only jewellry we wear is GOLD! ;)
Three quests later, Ben experienced a Level 2 with only two clue objects, meaning no chance of taking the wrong one - and he went on to win. So by comparision with that, Summayya's death was very unfair.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Selphie »

Thanks for that snippet from Summayya, they seemed like a nice bunch and having a sense of humour over it proves it :). I think that with hindsight they did have one of the harder level 2s. I think future quests were tweaked accordingly to make things like the clue object choices less difficult. I didn't remember Ben's level 2 clue room being only a 2 out of 2 choice, but I shall watch with interest when I get to those episodes.
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.