Series 6 - Episode 6

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:TEAM 3, Season 6

Post by Kieran »

I believe this is reference to the Samurai in the Dwarf Tunnels? You usually see it as a ghost-like figure in the game, yet in the title sequence, it appears to be rather full in body.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
superdungeoneer

Post by superdungeoneer »

yes kieran- what was that thing.
did it has any relevance to team 3's quest. was it supposed to help them.
Can anyone shed light on this weird (samurai soldier)occurence!
Last edited by superdungeoneer on 25 Jun 2004, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
superdungeoneer

Post by superdungeoneer »

COME ON MORE RESPONSES
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Okay, I think we can safely conclude, as we've all suspected for a while, that Superdungeoneer is Superspurs.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

That's what I suspected too, and a PM is already waiting in Illussion's inbox, informing him of that.

There is always something THAT GIVES A MEMBER AWAY. ;) ::)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I've also had my suspicions for a while. I think we have more than enough proof now.
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Malefact wrote: I've also had my suspicions for a while. I think we have more than enough proof now.
Oh so I'm not the only one and yes there definately seems to be more than one proof. I had my suspisions from when I first saw the name superdungeoneer. There is also another member who I have had almost the same suspisions about.

Anyway back to the topic. here's a thread from the episode board about the episode I believe you are making references to http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... eadid=1173 . If you are talking about the same figure I am talking about, I definately believe that it's Skarkill as you could make out bandages on one of the characters legs, which Skarkill had and if I remember correctly the character was limping. Anyway the bandages are a right give away.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 6 Episode 6 *NO SPOILERS PLEASE*

Post by darkDescender »

And now for something completely different.

After some rambling from Treguard we begin. Looking through a spyglass we learn that Lord F has a 'Genoese Box of Delights' containing a Medusa Eye. After reading the scrool Alan took the gold and gauntlet. Stormgit apeared leading us into Beardovision. Alan attacked by one of those unwashed flying midwives. Lord Fear disguised as Hordriss disguised as Harriss-yes, it is Lord F-traded the medusa Eye for gold. After more beardovision we have Heggatty being annoying. Alan trades the medusa eye for a BEAUTY spell, and tries-unsuccessfuly- to keep her from opening it. That's because Dungeoneers care. We care. Used BEAUTY spell on Sidriss and earned password, 'scarify'. Appearance from Super Pooka leading into a short intermission. Next is the Dreadnaught. As he leaves notice he is slightly transparent. More Beardovision leads to Lord Fear doing an impression of a handyman (insert groan and rotten fruit here) followed by dwarf tunnels. Elita comes, is gobby, jumps overboard. Interior of ship and a spyglass sees Fear sending Skarkill and the goblins out, before contacting Captain Daft-Hat. Elita reappears despite having just jumped ship. Something about a firestone in Ariadne's lair. Timed out in dwarf tunnells with Skarkill creeping. The credits featured three shots of the goblins prowlingthe tunnels, followed by a shot of the Samurai, also in the tunnels. Why? What is the relevance of the Samurai? Why was he in the tunnels?! WHY?!?!?! This just proves my theory that, when it all comes down to it, it really is anybody's guess as to what the hell is going on.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
knightmare_rocks
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by knightmare_rocks »

I LOVED this episode so much! I only discovered this programme a few days ago and I think it's fab, there's so much suspense in it! I especially love when the giant hand comes down although it IS painfully slow!

The dwarf tunnels are my favourite though because they are SO eerie and that spooky music always plays in them. And while in the other rooms you basically see the dungeoneer walking across the room, in the tunnels the camera actually follows behind him. And the thing lurking round the corner was really freaky! I can't believe it just ended there!

Although the goblins at the end investigating the skeletons were pretty funny!

Just one question, what IS a storm gist?
Rick

Post by Rick »

A Storm Gueist is one of them floating skulls. God only knows why they changed the name of them. Good episode, but what puzzled me was the Samurai in the ending credits, too. I don't seem to recall it being used as an enemy...?
knightmare_rocks
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by knightmare_rocks »

Yeah I knew what they WERE, what I meant was what are they supposed to be? They don't look like human skulls to me
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Storm Geists....The spirit(s) of Festus?

Now that should put the cat amongst the pigeons!

Oh, and the Samurai was clearly lost. Well, that and he was there to scare some goblins away.

The *no-spoilers* tag looks a bit ironic now, doesn't it? ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

It certainly does! :D
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I blindly believed that the cowled character with the Medusa Eye really was Hordriss for years, until my sister pointed out to me that it was, in fact, Lord Fear. The one overriding thing that made me believe her is that Clifford Norgate is credited as "Dreadnort" in the cast, which I had always found very strange. Dreadnort does, indeed, appear in the episode, but in the casts at the end of the episodes in series 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8, each actor is only credited as one character, regardless of how many characters they played in the episode. When Hordriss appeared in an episode along with Smirkenorff or Dreadnort, Hordriss was the one credited, as the other two were voice-only parts. In this episode, it appeared that Dreadnort was chosen over Hordriss. I now realise, of course, that it's because Hordriss isn't in the episode at all!
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Selphie »

Nice level 2 plot, it was quite involved taking the box from LF pretending to be Hordriss pretending to be Harris the beggar. Then exchanging that with the witch for the beauty spell. Then the gauntlet seemed to be a bit of a random add on to their level to use the other clue item the scroll hinted at.

I like the Rocks of Brewin scenery. I know it is very pink but I love how it makes the dungeon seem huge. Again I think a lot of these scenes are only used once more or never, which is a bit of a shame because they are some of my favourites.

Didn't really like the way that Alan just materialised on the deck of the ship. Only a minor thing but it didn't seem quite right.

Another good team on the whole, they all communicate and they seem to be enjoying it. Their main problem is with directing their dungeoneer, they seem to end up zig-zaging a lot and I think they were lucky not to have a causeway in level 2.

I think not knowing Elita's name for calling may have put this team into losing status. The advisers were trying to get Alan to ask a couple of times but maybe he couldn't hear too well. Elita certainly didn't give him much of a chance to get a word in anyway!

Skarkill and his goblins in the dwarf tunnels was a bit creepy. I remember this being such a long week to wait to see what happened to them being in level 3. It was a bit of an anti-climax for the next episode.

"You're not going to fall off anything" count = 6 ;)
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.