Series 6 Ep 11

pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 6 Ep 11

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Mystara wrote:Unfortunately, it wasn't filmed.
Oh that's a shame. Would have loved to see what it looked like.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

So in the US pilot, it featured the same great causeway (or numerical floor puzzle). They stepped on the 3 and still got over. Guessing there is no right answer then (and I am actually okay with that!).

Regarding the other teams and 'fairness' of deaths, TC made reference to some teams having their cards marked for earlier slip ups. Going to rewatch sometime with that in mind and comment on individual threads :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

rachelesque wrote:So in the US pilot, it featured the same great causeway (or numerical floor puzzle). They stepped on the 3 and still got over. Guessing there is no right answer then (and I am actually okay with that!).

Regarding the other teams and 'fairness' of deaths, TC made reference to some teams having their cards marked for earlier slip ups. Going to rewatch sometime with that in mind and comment on individual threads :)
As a pilot with commercial aims, Lords of the Game arguably had to showcase the best case scenario. So it's possible that the team did err on the Great Causeway but were let off so that a Final Encounter could be seen.

Tim's reference to marked cards may or may not be the same as 'losing status', a term of his that many fans (including me) have found helpful when assessing various quests. It's endlessly interesting to discuss, so please do share any thoughts you have. :)
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Great episode.
Team 5 decided to cast the "TRICK" spell (assuming a bluff) and Hordriss appeared.
Ben negotiated with Hordriss (very aggressively! :D) and gained a "SPLASH" spell in exchange for releasing him.
:question: Why did Ben keep turning round the wrong way? :-/
Reached the great causeway, but only had the start of the combo.
:exclaim: They didn't seem to have missed anything on their quest, so i guess they had to extrapolate from what they were gven.
Had to random guess for three rows and somehow the blocks didn't collapse. :exclaim: :exclaim:
Massive relief (and disbelief) by the advisors.
Advisor Matt worked out the second section puzzle after they moved Ben onto the wrong block. 8-o (A reprieve?) Moved him back onto the correct block, then completed the remaining sections easily.

Reached the crown but it woz guarded by Lord Fear. They cast "SPLASH" to thwart him, then rushed thru the dwarf tunnels to return the crown to Treguard. Yay! :) :)
Team 5 were a capable and enthusiastic team. They had a major turn of luck on the great causeway, but otherwise deserved their success.
(I woz initially unimpressed that they only received ONE trophy, but i see on the website that advisor Nathan said they actually got a trophy each, the other 3 were presented later.)

Team 6 chose the crown quest. :idea: I thought they might have removed that option for the remainder of the series.
Straight into the level 1 clue-room. Sophia (like January in team 4) also called the spy-glass an eye-shield. ;D Selected the silver and the ring.
Amazed expression on advisor Claire's face when Sophia activated the enchanted ring. 8-o
Advisor Emma misunderstood Pickle's exclamation and told Sophia it's something to do with elf boots! ;D ;D Pickle rolled eyes and did very well to keep a straight face....
Clearly a team who are familiar with Knightmare, they immediately recognised Elita in the next room.
Just time for Elita to hurl an insult before the bell sounded. :D
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D